Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Cestus was very underwhelming and my expectations were low. I'd be excited for the cgi portions because they look more interesting than the immensely boring 2d stuff, if I were going to watch any more episodes. Well, hopefully boxing bros will enjoy it and it gets enough views to bring the manga over since I would gladly buy it in English!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

I have this weird problem where when I'm watching Super Cub I keep expecting Shimarin to suddenly drive around the corner on her scooter and when she doesn't I get oddly frustrated. The show has a very similar chill energy to Yuru Camp.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Omnicrom posted:

I have this weird problem where when I'm watching Super Cub I keep expecting Shimarin to suddenly drive around the corner on her scooter and when she doesn't I get oddly frustrated. The show has a very similar chill energy to Yuru Camp.

Meanwhile, I keep expecting skyscrapers and landscapes to be ten times their normal size.

Also, maybe Isaki.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Mentat Radnor posted:

The series is being made by studio SHAFT, including a lot of the same staff that worked on previous visually-stunning series like 3-gatsu no Lion, the Monogatari series, Madoka Magica, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Arakawa Under the Bridge, and Hidamari Sketch. Check those out if you enjoy the art and directing style, especially 3-gatsu no Lion (March Comes in like a Lion).

Ahhh of course. The cuts between people talking especially very much reminded me of zetsubou. Well that's a high loving bar for a first episode.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The childhood friend who won't lose seems like it could be fun. Interesting relationship chart being set up and things heated up a bit in the first episode.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
Full Dive has some interesting moments but still leans a lot on the dark humour.

e: I'm very confused, is Super Cub not actually about haunted scooters? Is it just a fun and cute slice of life anime of girls enjoying their hobbies? Have I been fooled yet again!?

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 15, 2021

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Omnicrom posted:

they take place in the same area

Raenir Salazar posted:

e: I'm very confused, is Super Cub not actually about haunted scooters? Is it just a fun and cute slice of life anime of girls enjoying their hobbies? Have I been fooled yet again!?

its a dark portrayal of social awkwardness and the typical journey of propelling oneself into a single life defining hobby in lieu of social success

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the darkness of the series is perhaps illustrated by the 4 people that have died so far, and the gleefulness with which our protagonist receives those facts

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
The biker gang she's creating will be very social.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Would this make a good theme for 'To your Eternity'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPLFQpApMAg

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i liked the multiple reviewers of super cub who were completely unable to process the concept of having depression

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Davincie posted:

they take place in the same area

Fair enough! I thought the Yuru campers were further north but I double checked and you're right.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I caught myself looking at Super Cubs and Ruckus/Zoomers on eBay but I realised that a scooter wouldn't make me happy.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
A scooter would be cool but the temptation to not exercise would be too great for me.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Chas McGill posted:

I caught myself looking at Super Cubs and Ruckus/Zoomers on eBay but I realised that a scooter wouldn't make me happy.

but what if it did?

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

Chas McGill posted:

But what if you also went solo camping with it?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

i liked the multiple reviewers of super cub who were completely unable to process the concept of having depression

Sure as hell ain't their scene.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ANN reviews own.

quote:

Why does someone who died at twenty-seven from workplace abuse have absolutely no friends, family, hobbies, or personal goals that she will miss in this new world?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

chumbler posted:

ANN reviews own.

That reviewer has a punchable face

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

A question that answers itself.

What show are they referencing? I'm assuming it's Slime Hunter but isekai is isekai and it's sometimes hard to keep them all straight.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

settle down sparky

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ANN writers having 0 grasp of girls slice of life shows is a long-running thing i'm pretty sure

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ann ftw

be sure to vote in their seasonal review poll before it closes!

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

Zombieland Saga coming in hot this season.

https://twitter.com/Daedalus1134/status/1382758301033660420

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Omnicrom posted:

A question that answers itself.

What show are they referencing? I'm assuming it's Slime Hunter but isekai is isekai and it's sometimes hard to keep them all straight.

Yeah that's the Witch who killed slimes for 300 years (and also a number of other isekais).

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Chas McGill posted:

That's because you need to start with the Elite 250

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
The plot thickens in the Childhood Friend Won't Lose! Romcom.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I hope the title isn't a lie because the childhood friend owns

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

I hope the title isn't a lie because the childhood friend owns

She knows what she wants and she will get it.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Way of the househusband is very funny (yakuza game humor) but I wish it was animated. It’s literally like still images

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
The only way I think I'll engage with Househusband anime is by rereading the manga with the sound from the show

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
Good news, that’s what the anime producers said too

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

anyone wanna talk about gundam

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

sorry, i'm not planning to watch SD Gundam World Heroes

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

dogsicle posted:

sorry, i'm not planning to watch SD Gundam World Heroes

Having seen an episode, you are making a wise decision.

I was shocked by how bad SD Gundam World Sangoku Soketsuden was, and this is somehow even duller.

To describe it, I must resort to the immortal words of Char Aznable.

Boppin'.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Space Flower posted:

Good news, that’s what the anime producers said too

lol

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the design of all that Rot3K SD stuff is just awful but that seems to be 90% of what constitutes the animated SD-verse incl. their involvement in "mainline" shows like Build series. ReRise at least is referencing some obscure dead toy line where they were based on beast creatures or something, but unfortunately executed in a similarly ugly way (why do the Gundams need so much hair)

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Why do you hate the nobel gundam

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

The fact that they exist mainly to shill toys undermines any message they try to have that could possibly be antiwar. The toys must be cool and therefor even its bleakest portrayals of war are cool. In the end they are a part of Japan’s military industrial complex and I can not morally support the gundam series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

that's why it's ok for you to watch build fighters, have fun