Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Yeah, plenty of skill errors from both sides. Crows are lucky North aren't making the most of their opportunities.

edit: lol norf

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Apr 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nothing like a good old fashioned norfing

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
These umpires are utter loving cunts

Sticko
Nov 24, 2007
Outrageous Lumpwad
4 terrible decisions going cats way within 2 minutes. At least we got the goal just on the siren to partially make up for it

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Love this, every time the umpires gift Geelong a goal we get one right back.

Should be 6-7 goals up unfortunately.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Must be same umps from Thursday night

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

It sure is weird that Hawkins keeps on accidentally injuring people with his fists and elbows

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Solemn Sloth posted:

It sure is weird that Hawkins keeps on accidentally injuring people with his fists and elbows

Sorry Hawkins is a certified Good Bloke

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
Go Dees

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Only just looked at the stats for the Freo Hawks game, imagine if Nat Fyfe could kick straight, 31 touches playing the midfield and 0.6

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

football is bad

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
For the Carlton people, the latest Dyl and Friends podcast has Kade Simpson as the guest, pretty interesting him talking about not wanting to retire, and would entertain the idea of coming back to play AFL.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Good Bloke Tom Hawkins accidentally broke Steven Mays eye socket and gave him a concussion which he will miss a month of footy over.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

snaeksikn posted:

Good Bloke Tom Hawkins accidentally broke Steven Mays eye socket and gave him a concussion which he will miss a month of footy over.

And then got towelled up by noted key defender adam tomlinson lol

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Spedman posted:

For the Carlton people, the latest Dyl and Friends podcast has Kade Simpson as the guest, pretty interesting him talking about not wanting to retire, and would entertain the idea of coming back to play AFL.

yeah, he was only let go because of the covid list reductions. He'd have played this year if it was a normal season.

And Carlton can't draft him anyway, can't delist a player and then re-draft them the next season. I hope he gets picked up by a team though, deserves it.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

snaeksikn posted:

Hawkins is a wanker for sure but you can see May pull Hawkins backwards into him.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Yeah I don't think that was intentional. Probably just muscle memory from throwing elbows his entire career

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Getting smacked around the side of the head by Hartigan has Hawkins spooked, he decided to get in early this time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
The AFL cleared Zerk-Thatcher of any wrongdoing in the incident that broke Heeney’s hand lol

Shades of Lockett missing 8 weeks after Cavan viciously head butted his elbow

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

gay picnic defence posted:

The AFL cleared Zerk-Thatcher of any wrongdoing in the incident that broke Heeney’s hand lol

Shades of Lockett missing 8 weeks after Cavan viciously head butted his elbow

One of the most vicious headbutts I've ever seen in professional football

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Channel 7, this being Richmond's highest score since the 2019 GF isn't a factoid worth mentioning.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

didn't watch the match

went to start the replay and, from curiosity, pressed "show round scores"

reader, I did not watch the match. can't take that tonight.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Hmm so with Fritsch out we are now missing all of our starting 3 marking forwards

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

How much are the Saints paying Carlisle, Hill, Hannebury and Crouch? Hanners can't string multiple games together, Hill just does not give a poo poo and Carlisle isn't great. Crouch has only played a few games but you'd expect an inside mid to put some effort in when he's getting paid a shitload.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Wasn’t Crouch being paid a shitload at the Crows and doing not a lot to justify it?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Saints will be lucky to not be a bottom 4 team this year.

All 3 of their losses have been absolute demolitions (Dees loss was only 19 points but should have been 40+ if the Dees kicked straight).

The 8 point win over GWS doesn't look great as GWS are not a good team and the West Coast win looks like a total aberration based on 1.5 quarters of amazing footy they haven't replicated in any other game so far.

Yes, there's players out of the team but I'm not sure they would fix this and even so it doesn't reflect well on the team's depth. Ryder and Marshall are out and would be massive inclusions to a midfield that is struggling which in-turn helps the defence. Gresham is a big loss cause without him we are stuck playing Dunstan and Bytel in the middle as our depth is dogshit with constant injuries to Hannebery and Jones. I actually think Geary might be the biggest loss as without him the defence looks really poorly organised and he sets a real high effort standard that the team seems to be lacking. Paton out in addition to Geary also hurts now that Webster is injured as Long is not a good small defender.

Hopefully Ryder and Marshal come back next week but I'm not convinced they'll make the Saints a 10+ goal better team.

Testekill posted:

How much are the Saints paying Carlisle, Hill, Hannebury and Crouch? Hanners can't string multiple games together, Hill just does not give a poo poo and Carlisle isn't great. Crouch has only played a few games but you'd expect an inside mid to put some effort in when he's getting paid a shitload.

Hill is the biggest concern imo - he's the teams highest paid player on around 800k (i think) and is performing so much worse than expected. I think Crouch is putting in the effort and doing about as well as could be expected given that it's basically just him and Steele holding poo poo together in the middle and I don't think he's on massive coin (Crows didn't get band 1 compo for him).

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Wasn’t Crouch being paid a shitload at the Crows and doing not a lot to justify it?

paging NTRabbit

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I respect the Crouch brothers for scamming the Crows for years by collecting meaningless 30+ possession games week in week out but somehow getting away with it and frauding their way to big paychecks. It's a pretty cool racket to be able to scheme and stat-pad between siblings.

Saints last night was just puzzling. Nonsense throw the ball forward shotgun football works well, Richmond are the proof of that and the Saints clearly can do it when they want to. Can't be fatigue or anything because they were playing against witches hats the week before for two quarters. Never really expected them to beat the Tigers but certainly didn't see that coming.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Testekill posted:

Carlilse is on a one year contract so probably in the 200 - 300 range, Hanners is on the back end of his front loaded contract so 400 - 500 and Crouch was only band 2 so likely in the 600 - 700 range.

Its easy to say Hill doesnt give a poo poo but honestly I dont think he is used to a team capitulating like we have this year and isnt the kind of player to lift a team.

I honestly do not know what is wrong with the team at the moment, the effort just isnt there at all and most everyone who played last night has shown they have played excellent football at times so its not just a bunch of 5 gamers or absolute spuds on the park.
Having a severely sub par ruck didnt help but personnel should account for a 20 - 30 point loss, not an 86point smashing.

Periphery posted:

Hopefully Ryder and Marshal come back next week but I'm not convinced they'll make the Saints a 10+ goal better team.

It may very well. I just dont know where their heads are at the moment. Coming up against Port after a 9 day break away with actual ruck stocks back and a more balanced team might just make it click that they are actually capable. Its easy as poo poo for the media to go on about how terrible we are etc.. but no one seems to be really sure about why.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:argh:

masterpine posted:

I respect the Crouch brothers for scamming the Crows for years by collecting meaningless 30+ possession games week in week out but somehow getting away with it and frauding their way to big paychecks. It's a pretty cool racket to be able to scheme and stat-pad between siblings.

Downhill skiier, which is not what you want from a mid being paid that much. We should have traded him years ago, but at least I have been vindicated. His brother should be out the door by end of year too, and we can finally get past the failed Crouch policy, the bloody minded pursuit of which cost us so much.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

If Hill's thing is playing outside midfield or on a wing or something it's probably not entirely his fault if the guys on the inside can't get it out to him. Seems akin to the nuffies on big footy whinging that a key forward only got a couple of touches in a belting where the ball was up the other end of the ground 90% of the time.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

Carlilse is on a one year contract so probably in the 200 - 300 range, Hanners is on the back end of his front loaded contract so 400 - 500 and Crouch was only band 2 so likely in the 600 - 700 range.

Its easy to say Hill doesnt give a poo poo but honestly I dont think he is used to a team capitulating like we have this year and isnt the kind of player to lift a team.

I honestly do not know what is wrong with the team at the moment, the effort just isnt there at all and most everyone who played last night has shown they have played excellent football at times so its not just a bunch of 5 gamers or absolute spuds on the park.
Having a severely sub par ruck didnt help but personnel should account for a 20 - 30 point loss, not an 86point smashing.

It may very well. I just dont know where their heads are at the moment. Coming up against Port after a 9 day break away with actual ruck stocks back and a more balanced team might just make it click that they are actually capable. Its easy as poo poo for the media to go on about how terrible we are etc.. but no one seems to be really sure about why.

It's probably the lack of effort that concerns people. Like, Norf is full of spuds and kids at the moment but they kinda have a crack at not being like witches hats.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is a kind of silly question apropos of nothing:

Given how Port Adelaide have appropriated INXS "Never Tear Us Apart" as part of the club culture and game day experience etc.

What are other popular songs that other clubs could use, or have used in the past?

Angry Anderson singing "Bound For Glory" doesn't count.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Yeah, Ryder and Marshal in would be huge and will help all over the ground as they'll improve us in every part of the ground: The midfield will get better due to the ruck-work they provide and their individual clearance work, Marshal is a solid forward option and better than Carlisle, and they both help the defence out with their defensive running and also by providing a better option for a kick out of defence. I just don't know if they'll fix the issues we've been seeing.

Like you, I have no real idea what is going wrong. The effort clearly seems to be lacking a lot of the time but I also feel the structures/approach is wrong as well. But it's real hard to tell if that's just the lack of effort causing players to not get in the right spots in time or if they don't know where they are meant to be. hosed if I know.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

If Hill's thing is playing outside midfield or on a wing or something it's probably not entirely his fault if the guys on the inside can't get it out to him. Seems akin to the nuffies on big footy whinging that a key forward only got a couple of touches in a belting where the ball was up the other end of the ground 90% of the time.

He’s been real bad in picking targets and executing the kicks this year too

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

NTRabbit posted:

Downhill skiier, which is not what you want from a mid being paid that much. We should have traded him years ago, but at least I have been vindicated. His brother should be out the door by end of year too, and we can finally get past the failed Crouch policy, the bloody minded pursuit of which cost us so much.

Spuds you say? Guess you could call them a pair of Crouch potatoes

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

BrigadierSensible posted:

Given how Port Adelaide have appropriated INXS "Never Tear Us Apart" as part of the club culture and game day experience etc.

What are other popular songs that other clubs could use, or have used in the past?

West coast regularly play the eagle rock at games.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

BrigadierSensible posted:

The Swans play Sweet Caroline during the breaks when they're playing at home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Periphery posted:

Yeah, Ryder and Marshal in would be huge and will help all over the ground as they'll improve us in every part of the ground: The midfield will get better due to the ruck-work they provide and their individual clearance work, Marshal is a solid forward option and better than Carlisle, and they both help the defence out with their defensive running and also by providing a better option for a kick out of defence. I just don't know if they'll fix the issues we've been seeing.

Like you, I have no real idea what is going wrong. The effort clearly seems to be lacking a lot of the time but I also feel the structures/approach is wrong as well. But it's real hard to tell if that's just the lack of effort causing players to not get in the right spots in time or if they don't know where they are meant to be. hosed if I know.

Just watched the game on replay, and yeah, it was a lot of getting overrun in midfield, mistakes, and bad ball use. I think there's just enough energy and skill missing from midfield (both rucks and runners - hi Gresham) to make the difference against a pissed off Richmond.