Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Buy a Jamon for Sixty bucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

maybe.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My 8 year old son said “ hey isn’t bitch in sauce on this list?” Right after I had walked past it.

Excited to try it.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Follow your heart

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
We had the kirklands beef lasagna tonight and while it takes two hours to bake, I ate a lot of it.

Will have leftovers tomorrow.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Nthing 1440p being fine at 27"

They make the equivalent of two of those jammed side to side but idk if the co has em

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
Honestly 1440p is fine even at 32”, it’s the same pixel density as a 24” 1080p monitor and you’ll want it sitting a bit further away from you anyway. I got this monitor and I could never go back to a smaller screen.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Want to give a hearty thanks to this thread.

First of all, my one 8-year-old just got diagnosed with type 1 diabetes earlier this week. I went to Costco with the goal of stocking up on low-carb meal staples. As always, I read the last week or so of posts in this thread to prepare.

Today, I served Italian meatballs (great air fryer tip itt) over cauliflower rice. He DEVOURED it, and it was like 7 carbs max. Great first start to a complicated new way of living.

Also, my other 8-year-old was holding the grocery list and taking it VERY seriously. He stopped me and said, "hey didn't we just walk by the bitchin' sauce? That's on this list."

Without him, I would've missed it. Mixed it with my cauliflower rice and was great. I wish my sons liked spicy stuff because it was like 0.5 carbs

Thanks!

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
If the question is "can this air fry?" The answer is "yes".

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

The Slack Lagoon posted:

You were already in between 5 of them!

:sweatdrop:

I'll have a car and actual space in my kitchen and apartment for things, so I'm considering it a bra experience!

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Johnny Truant posted:

:sweatdrop:

I'll have a car and actual space in my kitchen and apartment for things, so I'm considering it a bra experience!

Costco is classy. You should always wear a bra and dress up to go commune.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Virigoth posted:

Costco is classy. You should always wear a bra and dress up to go commune.

No idea how that autocorrect happened but :hmmyes:

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
The website has better monitors than my local stores have on site. Mostly just 1080p monitors on site.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Quick question for any Costco goons, I used to get the cello brand cheese trays that were like eight bucks or something but when I went to my local Costco today they didn't have any, and the website only shows them at business centers now? Seen as the stuff has to be refrigerated that doesn't seem quite right to me. Has anyone else seen items being moved around because I know their websites garbage.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

thathonkey posted:

i really hope the cold brew shortage does not hit here :ohdear:
I'm just afraid they're going to run out of ligma

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I got a custom coupon in email for Costco.com. Never seen that before so thanks Costco!

This thread loves the jamon but has anyone bought the crazy meat-butter stuff like the Japanese Wagyu ribeye?

Is that stuff worth it? At... $83 a pound I was thinking of a holiday meal or something.

Bread Enthusiast
Oct 26, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

Quick question for any Costco goons, I used to get the cello brand cheese trays that were like eight bucks or something but when I went to my local Costco today they didn't have any, and the website only shows them at business centers now? Seen as the stuff has to be refrigerated that doesn't seem quite right to me. Has anyone else seen items being moved around because I know their websites garbage.

It is true that the business center doesn't have refrigerated shelfs. That's because the business center has a refrigerated room.

The cheeses very well could be there, nestled among dozens of other business-center-sized cheese supplies.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Hed posted:

I got a custom coupon in email for Costco.com. Never seen that before so thanks Costco!

This thread loves the jamon but has anyone bought the crazy meat-butter stuff like the Japanese Wagyu ribeye?

Is that stuff worth it? At... $83 a pound I was thinking of a holiday meal or something.

i had it for my bday. exactly comparable to my local butcher who has it for 83.50/lb

there are like 10 local butchers in the united states who have it tho

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Follow your heart

They're still full price at my church. I wanted to get a second one :(

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Every time I go it's full price. This thread is full of false prophets :argh:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I might try going to Costco tonight to get that FoodSaver. I've never been there on a Friday night before so this should be interesting. I wish I had xanax.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Friday night right after the coupon came out? It's gonna be awful

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I might try going to Costco tonight to get that FoodSaver. I've never been there on a Friday night before so this should be interesting. I wish I had xanax.

Friday night bulk shopping isn't usually a hot night in my neck of the woods. Looks like it's the busiest of weekdays though.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It was surprisingly not bad at all. Like, better than when I usually go during weekdays. Got in and out right away, found everything I wanted besides the Babybel cheese (got my foodsaver :getin:), and the gas station was almost empty. Last two times I went during the day the queue for the gas station was almost out into the parking lot.

I guess people have lives here on a Friday night. :shrug:

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Hed posted:

I bought it, but I know a chef that was able to prepare it.

It's an experience. Be prepared to be amazed on how buttery it tastes, and how one pound feeds 5-6 people. You really don't want to do more than that.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Pennywise the Frown posted:

It was surprisingly not bad at all. Like, better than when I usually go during weekdays. Got in and out right away, found everything I wanted besides the Babybel cheese (got my foodsaver :getin:), and the gas station was almost empty. Last two times I went during the day the queue for the gas station was almost out into the parking lot.

I guess people have lives here on a Friday night. :shrug:

Don't you live where the Friday Fish Fry is a thing? Costco should be light on Friday nights unless they do their own fish fry. Which sounds delicious but terribly unhealthy.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Hed posted:

There's a reason why in Japanese cuisine they usually serve tiny slivers of Wagyu with rice and not a whole steak. It is unbelievable buttery and has a completely different taste/feel from a traditional steak but if you eat a standard 1 to 1.5 inch ribeye of A5 Wagyu your stomach is going to want to die from the amount of fat

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

lol if you don't train to eat that wagyu by eating a straight stick of butter each day

DkHelmet
Jul 10, 2001

I pity the foal...

jisforjosh posted:

your stomach is going to want to die from the amount of fat

Sounds like a challenge.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Wagyu? Nothing much whats wagyu with you?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Enos Cabell posted:

Well they do have the 77" LG OLED with gsync on display...

I have the 48" one (the others are way too big as a monitor) from Costco and it is by far the best monitor I've ever had. 120hz g-sync oled with built in smart tv and speakers? loving yes. Pixel burn isn't becoming as big of a deal anymore and Costco's warranty on them is insanely good

Ironically the larger model(s) are cheaper than the 48" (the 60" one was like $1300 or something insane) but the pixels per inch get too low and will give you a headache if you try to sit the same distance from them

I don't fully agree with this chart, but it's a good frame of reference.

These links give a good idea of what to expect when you get a new monitor if you want to ask if it's going to be crisper than your old one:

https://www.designcompaniesranked.com/resources/is-this-retina/
https://stari.co/tv-monitor-viewing-distance-calculator

I'm anal about this stuff because it took me a long rear end time to find what I needed and hopefully it helps other Costco-goers :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Alarbus posted:

Don't you live where the Friday Fish Fry is a thing? Costco should be light on Friday nights unless they do their own fish fry. Which sounds delicious but terribly unhealthy.

As a matter of fact I do.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Alarbus posted:

lmao

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment
if costco did fish and chips i would find it agreeable

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Tryzzub posted:

if costco did fish and chips--

Oh be still my beating heart

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Hed posted:

Is that stuff worth it?

It is not imo. I’ve eaten michelin quality yakiniku in Japan that are surely best in class and honestly just get some loving rib eye cap aka god’s beef aka the $20/pound prince and you’re 90% of the way there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just get a nice prime ribeye, cook it well, and stroll through Flavor Country. Wagyu is a great example of diminishing returns.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Taima posted:

It is not imo. I’ve eaten michelin quality yakiniku in Japan that are surely best in class and honestly just get some loving rib eye cap aka god’s beef aka the $20/pound prince and you’re 90% of the way there.

getting your hands on dry aged steak, which is surprisingly difficult to get in the US unless you’re buying it in a restaurant (where they usually do their own aging) will give you a lot of the experience of waygyu IMO (the “butteriness” and richness of flavor/texture, the palpable fat content, etc)

https://youtu.be/EgZeQbwcmz4

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Counter opinion. Buy the expensive beef so you can have first hand experience and be jaded about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

StormDrain posted:

Counter opinion. Buy the expensive beef so you can have first hand experience and be jaded about it.

and then try dry aged beef because it’s mad good