Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Kingdom Galvatron appears to be quite a popular pre order, it's sold out at some places. Nice to see really, I know there's been a lot of Galvatron figures in the last few years but this one is definitely the best one out of them and he harkens back to ye old G1 days.

What can I say, I loved batshit insane Galvatron who was pretty much power incarnate and near unbeatable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Medullah posted:

Ollie's has Earthrise Prime for $20 in their newest ad.

I haven’t seen a single Transformer at my local Ollies.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i think for official grimlocks the studio series one is the best so far. my favourite is still gigapower grimlock. he looks fantastic in both modes and is MP scale. i want to pick up the rest of the gigapower dinos in the non-chrome colour scheme but ive not kept up with transformers news lately so idk if theyve been reissued at all.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i think for official grimlocks the studio series one is the best so far. my favourite is still gigapower grimlock. he looks fantastic in both modes and is MP scale. i want to pick up the rest of the gigapower dinos in the non-chrome colour scheme but ive not kept up with transformers news lately so idk if theyve been reissued at all.

There are no plans to reissue the Gigapower or Fanstoys Dinobots any time soon, despite strong demand for them.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Keldroc posted:

There are no plans to reissue the Gigapower or Fanstoys Dinobots any time soon, despite strong demand for them.

that is a bummer, what is gigapower even doing atm instead of making more dinobots?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

that is a bummer, what is gigapower even doing atm instead of making more dinobots?

That's an excellent question.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

GP is reissing the entire set in multiple paint decks, several have released already.

https://www.thechosenprime.com/search.asp?keyword=Gigapower

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Rhyno posted:

GP is reissing the entire set in multiple paint decks, several have released already.

https://www.thechosenprime.com/search.asp?keyword=Gigapower

Well that's a big change from the last I heard. Too bad they're all gone already.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

I really hope Gigapower works on something new soon instead of just recolours of the Dinobots. I'd love to see them take on the Predacons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Open Marriage Night posted:

I haven’t seen a single Transformer at my local Ollies.

My mom called me excitedly to tell me she got me an Optimus. I already grabbed one, so I'll share the love with someone here if they want an Earthrise Prime for cost and shipping. Shoot me a PM.

Edit - Or if you're near Oxford, Mi. you can grab it.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 15, 2021

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Medullah posted:

My mom called me excitedly to tell me she got me an Optimus

Congratulations on your WFC Kingdom core-class and/or R.E.D. Optimus Prime.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i ordered fans toys dragstrip cause for some reason showzstore had him in stock and discounted? i figured i was poo poo out of luck after i missed the first batch of preorders but apparently not

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://twitter.com/geshgav/status/1383140829624213505?s=21

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The formerly Walmart exclusive headmasters are up on hasbropulse. Ordered myself a Skullcruncher after spending more than shipping in gas trying to find one over the past month.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I was able to score all the Walmart exclusives I was looking for (Skullcruncher, Weirdwolf, blue Deep Cover) with the tried-and-true method of driving three hours away to Walmarts in tiny farming cowtowns. And they were still stripped bare, Deep Cover was the only figure of note on the shelves at the first store, and the second store had the Headmasters but nothing else.

I was in the cowtowns for other reasons, I didn't drive just for Transformers, honest. But still it's sad that's literally the only way to find figures in stores nowadays. And Walmart's website is total garbage.

But at least I'm one step closer to building a Power Rangers team of Sideswipes.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Medullah posted:

My mom called me excitedly to tell me she got me an Optimus. I already grabbed one, so I'll share the love with someone here if they want an Earthrise Prime for cost and shipping. Shoot me a PM.

Edit - Or if you're near Oxford, Mi. you can grab it.
If you can work out how much shipping to Ireland would cost I could be persuaded to take it off your hands.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Hey Rhyno thanks for offering but I managed to find a Netflix Cheetor today! Hoorah!

e: oh my and he is tiny

TheDK fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 17, 2021

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Arquinsiel posted:

If you can work out how much shipping to Ireland would cost I could be persuaded to take it off your hands.

I don't think that's going to be worth it for you. :(

Homora Gaykemi
Apr 30, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/Lowanbehold99/status/1383069335720062984

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Took me a minute.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

At least he's not even trying yo delude himself that he won't be buying the new insanely expensive Rodimus and placing him behind Hot Rod and squinting to make it look like he's matrixifying

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's almost safer to just never buy any major character since a better version will no doubt come out next year.

Also god drat it I want thos drat DNA Skorponok upgrades again.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
https://twitter.com/gsc_mechasmile/status/1383268088523542533

Holy god that leg stuff.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Oh my god, that's beautiful.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

did you guys already talk about the super expensive robot optimus that looks kind of crappy?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

did you guys already talk about the super expensive robot optimus that looks kind of crappy?

We haven’t talked about power of the primes optimus in years

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Do you mean the $700 self-transforming robot one that sold out? Because that thing looks goddamn amazing.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Anyone ever watch the old Diaclone commercials?

They're kinda amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_BOj1Qqx0Q

Also that pause between Dia and Clone.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

the only thing wrong with it besides the price tag, which still isn't that bad since I think those specific types of robots used to be well over a grand years ago, is it's got the terrible dopey shufflewalk that all robots that aren't boston dynamics proto-terminators have(due to the seemingly impossible task of giving a robot an ability to balance properly). besides that it's basically a perfect toy robot that you can program different poses and poo poo for, how cool is that

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Last Call posted:

Anyone ever watch the old Diaclone commercials?

They're kinda amusing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_BOj1Qqx0Q

Also that pause between Dia and Clone.

Yeah they're fun, Microman/Microchange does that same pause from my recollection, which makes sense considering they're contemporary toylines from the same company with a lot of thematic overlap(like even if Transformers as we know it hadn't happened I could see the two lines still doing a merger eventually)

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

drrockso20 posted:

Yeah they're fun, Microman/Microchange does that same pause from my recollection, which makes sense considering they're contemporary toylines from the same company with a lot of thematic overlap(like even if Transformers as we know it hadn't happened I could see the two lines still doing a merger eventually)

It's really something to look back on how everything was at first knowing so much greater things for the line was coming.

Hell the fact it's been still going on all these decades later and made the impact it has.

From humble beginnings.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Taking apart my SS Grimlock's head and neck to put in these new front teeth I got for him and I noticed there's just this piece of grey plastic free floating in there. Then I noticed that the neck pieces aren't opaque plastic, they're the same color as his smoky chest piece and just painted gold.

So, there's that.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Taking apart my SS Grimlock's head and neck to put in these new front teeth I got for him and I noticed there's just this piece of grey plastic free floating in there. Then I noticed that the neck pieces aren't opaque plastic, they're the same color as his smoky chest piece and just painted gold.

So, there's that.

So many bizarre things about that figure.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Anil Dikshit posted:

We haven’t talked about power of the primes optimus in years

Excuse me, I'd like to talk to your manager.

Wasn't there a cheap like $50 Chinese one that had the exact same TF for the most part? I remember that weird knee bend to get it to stand up.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Do you mean the $700 self-transforming robot one that sold out? Because that thing looks goddamn amazing.

a lot of it looks cool, but its really weird they couldnt give him a proper head or hide the feet a little better in truck mode

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
With feet that big, you'd think it could take longer steps and balance itself just fine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Given how most of my transformers are Transformed very rarely $700 is a lot for a statue.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
Heads up, Target is having a 50% off sale on a bunch of Transformers online only through the cartwheel app. I nabbed the X-men crossover, Double Dealer and Snapdragon for $68 and change.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Shiftypenguin posted:

Heads up, Target is having a 50% off sale on a bunch of Transformers online only through the cartwheel app. I nabbed the X-men crossover, Double Dealer and Snapdragon for $68 and change.

For the x-men crossover at least you don't need cartwheel. I was able to get it 50% off via the web site. Which is good. I can't seem to log in at all on cartwheel right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

What is Cartwheel?

Edit— oh it’s what they call their app I guess? On iOS it’s just called “Target”. :shrug:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Apr 18, 2021