Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Shinso was supposedly comically out of shape circa the sports festival. At the entrance exam he was probably sucking wind after jogging from the outer wall to the main city.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

All Might is truly the greatest hero of the universe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

oh jay posted:

Shinso was supposedly comically out of shape circa the sports festival. At the entrance exam he was probably sucking wind after jogging from the outer wall to the main city.

He was not out of shape. He was just not in shape compared to Deku.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Ironically, it feels like Deku's new kit is primarily aimed at avoiding damage. Long-range grapples, an alternate form of mobility, a way to mess with the enemy's sight, and a literal Danger Sense.

I don't recall Horikoshi being a big Deadpool guy, but he must be nerding out on the inside, right?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

This is amazing and makes me want to read the Deadpool manga even more than I already did. Too bad it's probably a nightmare to translate officially considering copyright issues.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I have no idea why Deadpool is holding a spellbook from Zatch Bell at the end there but I appreciate being reminded of it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

HellCopter posted:

I have no idea why Deadpool is holding a spellbook from Zatch Bell at the end there but I appreciate being reminded of it.

:yeah:

It'd make me happy if that series got a new anime adaptation that covered the whole manga, like Shaman King.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 14, 2021

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kanos posted:

Yeah, at least the series calls it out, but I'm really curious how something so obviously flawed and dumb(and not to mention probably REALLY EXPENSIVE, to boot, based on the talk about the robots during the AFO prison break sequence) became the entry test for the most prestigious and important hero school in the country.

the answer is probably that horikoshi wasn't thinking very far ahead when he wrote that chapter

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The prison bots are probably much more complex and higher quality too. The UA bots are designed to be defeated by children

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I thought the super big robots were borrowed from the military.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Wouldn't Midnight be completely ineffective during that test?

She's 2 years older than Aizawa (from memory) and he might not have taken the test, as it's one he would fail and he's in the Hero Course from the start, unless he successfully transferred in with the tournament.

Mraagvpeine posted:

They're made according to designs developed by Power Loader I would assume, and likely he takes the scrapped ones and uses the materials to rebuild them.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's the explanation in the 4Koma parody "Smash", but only for the 0 pointer.

The smaller ones are presumably much cheaper.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

A Japanese military? What a crazy, far-out fantasy world this comic imagines!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

There is the possibility to get in on recommendation and not on the test itself, but from what we've seen those people tend to have powers that would deal with the robots mostly fine.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

bobjr posted:

There is the possibility to get in on recommendation and not on the test itself, but from what we've seen those people tend to have powers that would deal with the robots mostly fine.

Also seem to be from money/good hero families already.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Wouldn't Midnight be completely ineffective during that test?

Especially these days.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

jassa posted:

Especially these days.

too soon man, too soon

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

too soon man, too soon
So you're half-past Midnight?

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

KittenofDoom posted:

So you're half-past Midnight?

Obviously, they're still early mourning.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Speedscan out:

https://ww6.readmha.com/chapter/boku-no-hero-academia-chapter-309/

AKA the Shut Up About Deku's Arms chapter

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Come for the explanation on how Deku's body isn't broken (All for One is changing his physical structure, sure makes sense), stay for the middle panels on Deku telling his mom not to worry about him and try not to cry

Also lmao at the Dr. Mario cameo

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
I mean, I'm okay with the OfA resilience boost? It's not like he's not been training his body to cope with that all along, and All Might was hella tough. And look at his arm in the hug panel - he's ALREADY taken his hits.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Also lmao at the Dr. Mario cameo
His Quirk: Popping Pills!

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Dog Kisser posted:

I mean, I'm okay with the OfA resilience boost? It's not like he's not been training his body to cope with that all along, and All Might was hella tough. And look at his arm in the hug panel - he's ALREADY taken his hits.

Oh no, I'm on board with it too. It's internally consistent for the reasons you point out, which is what matters. Plus, it seems like Blackwhip has defensive properties too since Deku wrapping his arms in it while fighting Shigaraki seems to have protected them from damage

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

My Hero Academia Manga Thread: Midoriya's One True Love: the hospital bed

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I’m guessing that’s just either fan translation but I hope it’s actually official

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014
As always, Inko deserves better

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
So Deku isn't totally on his own, he has the Top 3 and All Might watching his back while he's out there. Also, he totally got those gauntlets from Melissa Shield.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Are we already going into the final showdown? Someone must really be leaning on Horikoshi to end this, that's pretty abrupt.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm a little annoyed with this for the simple reason that the story's been yelling at Izuku from minute one that he can't keep breaking his loving limbs, to the point we were on his last chance for reals no takesies-backsies, and then he turns his arms into chunky salsa and it gets conveniently waved away.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
If you keep escalating with no resolution you just get Bleach. Do you want Bleach?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
But also from what we've been led to understand it wouldn't really make sense that 5% Deku and 45% Deku would be equally hosed up from using 100%

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
The scarf is confirmed to be Gran Torino's. :cry:

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Flesnolk posted:

Are we already going into the final showdown? Someone must really be leaning on Horikoshi to end this, that's pretty abrupt.
I wonder? But it still feels like there's a lot of balls in their air at the moment to be rushing into that. It's not like the series is doing poorly- and it has another movie coming this year as well.

I want to say his editor said while we were entering into the homestretch it was going to take a while?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

I reckon they've asked him to wrap it up by chapter 350, and he decided to just dump everything before the showdown so that he could wrap up existing storylines and do a proper finale at a decent pace, maybe give the other classmates a chance to shine one last time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I think it also feels that way because the pace used to be pretty slow all things considered, and a lot of it was setting things up. But now everything seems to have been set up so it's all moving a lot quicker.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

After going 0/4 on satisfying manga endings (Naruto, Bleach, Shokugeki No Soma, and Attack on Titan) I'm hoping MHA will break my streak.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Flesnolk posted:

Demon Slayer had a weirdly abrupt transition to the final arc too.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Plot Twist: Her idiot son's reckless behavior finally causes Inko to snap and become a villain, taking over as the final boss of the series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

After going 0/4 on satisfying manga endings (Naruto, Bleach, Shokugeki No Soma, and Attack on Titan) I'm hoping MHA will break my streak.

Chainsaw Man's ending was pretty good.

Well, part 1's ending. But it's the end of the run in Jump, so it counts.