Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there even be a poll here???
This poll is closed.
Yes 106 15.84%
No 117 17.49%
Goku 446 66.67%
Total: 669 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Rebel Blob posted:

A long time ago, but not anymore. These days it is just 4 doses that you take in the arm, feels the same as any other vaccination. The painful series used to be a series of 20-some doses to the abdomen, but that was decades ago. Speaking from experience, after I was attacked by a rabid animal.

Yeah my friend Rodney Munch had to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raymond T. Racing
Jun 11, 2019

BrianBoitano posted:

forums are back up, schaden on all of us

schaden is on me for being excited that the forum was up, got ready to view some fresh schaden, realizing there would be no fresh schaden

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Rebel Blob posted:

The painful series used to be a series of 20-some doses to the abdomen, but that was decades ago.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hotel workers then freaked out and worried I might have rabies so I had to get two rabies shots, one in each arse cheek, which meant I couldn't sit down for a few days.

I have bad news about the "shots" the hotel workers gave you.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qrkr6qra9R1s1ddrj.mp4

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qrlchdBher1r0uzl6.mp4

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Back from the earlier racing chat, asking "what if you let the engineers go rulebook be damned"

Porsche did that after crushing the WEC /Lemans for 3 years running with the 919.

They retired, took the car, gave it to the engineers, and said "make it as fast as you can."
The result was the Porsche 919 Evo.

Currently holds the lap records at Spa and the Ring, and is capable of much faster, but as the the works drivers Timo Bernhard and Neel Jani will tell you, you run out of driver and the human meat sack in the seat is the limiter. At some places the car was pulling 4.5+ lateral Gs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qetSEn4xPY8

schmug
May 20, 2007

Buff Hardback posted:

schaden is on me for being excited that the forum was up, got ready to view some fresh schaden, realizing there would be no fresh schaden

lol same

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Rabies is such a weird disease. You can get the vaccine after you've been exposed to it (in which case you will be fine), and if you don't get it, you will 100% die.

Yeah, and not in a fun "waste away in bed surrounded by family" kind of way but in a "terrified of water and convulsing with muscle spasms so bad that it can cause broken bones before finally succumbing to your brain literally overheating" kind of way.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, and not in a fun "waste away in bed surrounded by family" kind of way but in a "terrified of water and convulsing with muscle spasms so bad that it can cause broken bones before finally succumbing to your brain literally overheating" kind of way.

https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/7qwtd5/rabies_is_scary/

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Solice Kirsk posted:

The terrified of water thing is so weird, how can a disease make you scared of some specific thing?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

ekuNNN posted:

The terrified of water thing is so weird, how can a disease make you scared of some specific thing?

Toxoplasmosis makes mice seek out cats iirc, and there's this fungus that makes ants climb as far up as they can so when the fungus bursts out of their body the spores are distributed better. Life's weird.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
One of the first symptoms of a malaria infection can be a sense of dread

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Rabies is such a weird disease. You can get the vaccine after you've been exposed to it (in which case you will be fine), and if you don't get it, you will 100% die.

And all mammals are susceptible.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Super Waffle posted:

slowly turns to look at CSPAM

Somebody call the CDC

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

ekuNNN posted:

From what I've read it doesn't. But part of the disease is your muscle ache and its hard to swallow so you avoid water and drinking because it causes pain.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Super Waffle posted:

I am so glad I skipped that. Malaria wasn't a picnic but that sounds even less fun.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yeah, there's a horrific video on the Wikipedia article of a rabies patient trying to drink. The act of attempting to swallow causes extremely painful muscle spasms in your throat, which leads to a fear of liquids causing those spasms to occur even just from being handed a glass.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/DBlTs5p.gifv

Player 1 has exited the game.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Solice Kirsk posted:

wow quit bragging about your homemade chili

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/DBdxAv0.gifv

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

toplitzin posted:

Back from the earlier racing chat, asking "what if you let the engineers go rulebook be damned"

Porsche did that after crushing the WEC /Lemans for 3 years running with the 919.

They retired, took the car, gave it to the engineers, and said "make it as fast as you can."

Currently holds the lap records at Spa and the Ring, and is capable of much faster, but as the the works drivers Timo Bernhard and Neel Jani will tell you, you run out of driver and the human meat sack in the seat is the limiter. At some places the car was pulling 4.5+ lateral Gs

hamilton beat the single lap record at spa last year which is bonkers. The nurburgring lap will probably stand for a while though

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Butterfly Valley posted:

Hotel workers then freaked out and worried I might have rabies so I had to get two rabies shots, one in each arse cheek, which meant I couldn't sit down for a few days.

Zero One posted:

I have bad news about the "shots" the hotel workers gave you.
Besides what I've said already, the rabies series is given over the course of 2 weeks. I'm no doctor, but it sounds like you got a penicillin injection in a classic case of third world medicine.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
COVID-19 deniers event in Norway leaves host dead, 12 others infected.

https://www.newsweek.com/covid-19-deniers-event-leaves-host-dead-12-infected-1583553

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

Rebel Blob posted:

Besides what I've said already, the rabies series is given over the course of 2 weeks. I'm no doctor, but it sounds like you got a penicillin injection in a classic case of third world medicine.

But enough about the US health care system!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TotalLossBrain posted:

wow quit bragging about your homemade chili

You jest, but I do make a very good chili. The secret ingredient is chilis. :ssh:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qrn7acXJKv1r0uzl6.mp4

Antioch
Apr 18, 2003

Solice Kirsk posted:

But if you get rabies and crash just right you can travel through time and become immortal, so there's at least a bit of a silver lining.

Phuzun
Jul 4, 2007

Holy poo poo, that kid rules.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Antioch posted:

But if you get rabies and crash just right you can travel through time and become immortal, so there's at least a bit of a silver lining.

Yeah, but you also have to kill and/or gently caress your family, IIRC.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

toplitzin posted:

this is loving badass, that car is just ripping through turns, goddamn.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

mobby_6kl posted:

The new and improved "throwing raccoon down the stairs" clip

Nah man, nothing beats "throwing raccoon down the stairs" clip.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnG3p592D_Q

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Kuros posted:

Nah man, nothing beats "throwing raccoon down the stairs" clip.

Yup

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Antioch posted:

XIII posted:

Yeah, but you also have to kill and/or gently caress your family, IIRC.

I am trying to remember what these are referencing and I can't.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

The joke here is that he's clearly not saying crap, I assume?

Solice Kirsk posted:

You also get a painful boner that refuses to go away and even in some cases this bizarre hypersexuality where you want to gently caress people even as your body is falling apart and you are dying

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Play posted:

(Y)ou want to gently caress people even as your body is falling apart and you are dying

That's called 'being alive'.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Play posted:

The joke here is that he's clearly not saying crap, I assume?

He obviously is saying crap? How do YOU form a hard c sound, with your tongue? lmao

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

He obviously is saying crap? How do YOU form a hard c sound, with your tongue? lmao
why, I just demonstrated this to your mum last eve. Thought she told you

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

marshmallow creep posted:

I am trying to remember what these are referencing and I can't.

I thought it might have been the Thomas Covenant books, but rabies doesn't sound quite right.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Faerie Ballerina must return to her home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

buh byeee :3: