Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I get that Ayoka is built like a tank. But Nicolas looks small compared to him in this match, even with his six pack showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

In american lbs, Ayoka has about 65 on Nicholas, he better look huge in comparison.

Height is a little off, Ayoka should be like 2-3 cm taller to fit the picture accurately I feel.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
akoya looks taller because of his weird pointy hair.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I imagine what's happening is either pressure point nonsense like someone else mentioned or something along the lines of "his jabs are so strong/sharp that he can make your forearm numb with them." I'm pretty certain there's no poison involved, since another character already had that gimmick.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Chapter 105

In which we are probably being told that this imposter isn't a worm just some psycho that did regular identity theft. Also :lol: at this guy spending 6 months learning Karate over the internet, Purgatory should just come out and admit they are a circus

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Just lol that we probably have a mirror match again, with both fighters having super reflexes and having a martial arts based on mimicking fighting with a weapon barehanded.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Lt. Lizard posted:

Just lol that we probably have a mirror match again, with both fighters having super reflexes and having a martial arts based on mimicking fighting with a weapon barehanded.

I dunno, this seems kind of reductive. In broad strokes you're right, but "guy using brutal riot police beatdowns" and "guy fencing with his fists" are doing really different things in practice.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I told you all

This is going to be a murderoff,

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Lt. Lizard posted:

Also they both inflict unauthorized brutal violence while employed as arms of the state, discounting the imposter thing.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish I knew how to use photoshop so I could take some of the background text off of panels to make dumb memes of this manga with.

Also wow, was not expecting the fight to be cop vs war criminal from how it was starting.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Wasn't Le Banner already associated with Worm in Ashura? This different revelation isn't so surprising

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Relin posted:

Wasn't Le Banner already associated with Worm in Ashura? This different revelation isn't so surprising

No? Are you confusing him with Edward Wu?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

Chapter 105

In which we are probably being told that this imposter isn't a worm just some psycho that did regular identity theft. Also :lol: at this guy spending 6 months learning Karate over the internet, Purgatory should just come out and admit they are a circus

Yeah if he's such a shoddy imposter that someone who hasn't even met him can instantly tell then he's probably not a worm.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

So are those the end matches mirrored?

Consider my expectations subverted if Ohma and Fei have a mostly straightforward match since Fei is being the most "professional" and sportsman about this whole thing and not big thing happens

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Kanos posted:

I dunno, this seems kind of reductive. In broad strokes you're right, but "guy using brutal riot police beatdowns" and "guy fencing with his fists" are doing really different things in practice.

I was being cheeky, as they have a pretty different physique, plus Le Banner has his weird "poison" thing, so there are differences. Still, between super-reflexes, same basis of their combat styles and both being apparently horrible monsters (assuming this Le Banner replaced the original before the atrocities), there are plenty of similarities as well.

That being said, it's kinda weird how much attention and suspense is given to the reveal that Le Banner is an impostor. It's like the main thing the Worm has going for it, to the extent that Worm infiltrators are almost expected at this point, so I agree that there is probably something different going on with him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only match that seems clear is terashi and toku2. they are both decidedly second string, with terashi admitting as much himself.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The only person that has any right to fight Lolong is Wakatsuki. Despite having 3 losses in his whole career he's still the most decorated Kengan fighter of anyone present including Agito. Ohma is going to fight either Fei who is likely the Tiger Vessel or Liu because the latter wants to kill Gaoh and Ohma looks like him if you squint. Terasi vs Toku2 is pretty obvious as well.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I question if we'll get all the matches before poo poo really pops off elsewhere. Do we have any idea what the gently caress happened with Rian and the Wu guy he chased after? I feel like we're gonna smash cut to Rian being massively owned at some point.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lt. Lizard posted:

I was being cheeky, as they have a pretty different physique, plus Le Banner has his weird "poison" thing, so there are differences. Still, between super-reflexes, same basis of their combat styles and both being apparently horrible monsters (assuming this Le Banner replaced the original before the atrocities), there are plenty of similarities as well.

That being said, it's kinda weird how much attention and suspense is given to the reveal that Le Banner is an impostor. It's like the main thing the Worm has going for it, to the extent that Worm infiltrators are almost expected at this point, so I agree that there is probably something different going on with him.

Yeah, I think that Le Banner is just a regular impostor, not a Worm impostor. That thing about him being the only person to come back from the massacre alive is the key point, I think. That's probably the where he got replaced.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

Oh yeah, we know exactly where to find the black ops war criminal with extremely sensitive classified info but he's affiliated with an underground Japanese martial arts league like, poo poo, he's p much untouchable, might as well be in another galaxy

Yes, I know that's not inaccurate for this particular organization, but the offhand way the line is delivered just slays me. :D

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
God I hope LeBanner’s reveal is he’s just some guy

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mary Annette posted:

Oh yeah, we know exactly where to find the black ops war criminal with extremely sensitive classified info but he's affiliated with an underground Japanese martial arts league like, poo poo, he's p much untouchable, might as well be in another galaxy

Yes, I know that's not inaccurate for this particular organization, but the offhand way the line is delivered just slays me. :D

The way they specifically mention this makes me think the fake LeBanner is working for the French government. Why would they get an agent to kill other agents just to pose as one though?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

I think that ties back to what Toyoda said Metsudo was previously doing when he was the chairman and blocking foreign elements from Japan. Despite not expressly being political entities, the Kengan Association and even Purgatory still hold influence over political sectors because of the connections held by their founders and/or members. Like how Juzo communications could get Bando out of prison as well as basically arranging an execution for that other religious serial killer and the only thing the Japanese government could do was send in Hanafusa to try and get the job done.

Technically speaking they could always have assassinated Bando but doing so would make him a martyr in the eyes of the people that backed him. So in this case I do buy the idea that if the French government really doesn't want these war crimes to come to light, they just let the real or more likely the fake Lebanner run free in japan since Purgatory's owner is the single richest man in the world and by his own words heavily connected to a lot of spheres. I feel like if LeBanner were to die, Toyoda would have someone like the Falcon start digging for a reason and in doing so have some leverage over France and they know it. Hopefully they hammer this idea home because
yeah, it still sounds silly on paper because it's just one guy. Shoot him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lebanner being too tricky to assassinate because he was in purgatory is very silly because another purgatory fighter just got assassinated. in the ring, no less!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

They probably sent assassins, but if you notice, Purgatory has ties with the Wu, like the Kengan association has with the Kure, I feel that makes it harder. Going after him publicly is not something they want because he knows where bodies are buried.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mary Annette posted:

The point of kengan and purgatory is so the forces of capital can solve it's inter-struggles without resorting to military conflict.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Chapter 106

I don't remember, did Akoya do his flashback yet? Feeling like this impostor/whatever is gonna win with this long backstory.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Couldn't Akoya use his super reflexes to just punch that dude's arm before it connects

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Definitely rooting for Le Banner, who possibly killed the real Le Banner, took over him, became a scumbag that uses every underhanded technique possible to win.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I told you all this was going to be a murderoff.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, the ability/technique/whatever Le Banner uses is pretty bullshit. It's basically the same as the acupuncture thing Muteba uses, except unlike Muteba, he apparently doesn't need to hit the specific acupuncture points and can just strike whatever and it will still work. That being said, in the end he apparently isn't a war criminal, so it looks like he is clearly morally superior to Akoya. :v:.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Honestly, the ability/technique/whatever Le Banner uses is pretty bullshit. It's basically the same as the acupuncture thing Muteba uses, except unlike Muteba, he apparently doesn't need to hit the specific acupuncture points and can just strike whatever and it will still work. That being said, in the end he apparently isn't a war criminal, so it looks like he is clearly morally superior to Akoya. :v:.

Uh what? He killed the real Le Banner, took his identity and pinned the blame on him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Plutonis posted:

Uh what? He killed the real Le Banner, took his identity and pinned the blame on him.

did you not read the latest chapter? the original le banner was the one sitting naked and happy on a pile of corpses.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Aha, so it was one of those romantic war crimes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

did you not read the latest chapter? the original le banner was the one sitting naked and happy on a pile of corpses.

No, he still has his pants and boots on.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

That's not the impression I got at all. Muteba and Hanafusa get immediate results becaues they more specifically gouge a nerve point. LeBanner here touches them softly and it takes a variable amount of time to work and the effects dissipate randomly as well. Plus Muteba's heart jab is a literal heart massage. he shoves his hands into your body like he tried to penetrate Wakatsuki's neck as well. Lebanner's style is comparably soft.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the "Can't attack a downed opponent" rule just wasn't in place for the judo match?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

That's not the impression I got at all. Muteba and Hanafusa get immediate results because they more specifically gouge a nerve point. LeBanner here touches them softly and it takes a variable amount of time to work and the effects dissipate randomly as well. Plus Muteba's heart jab is a literal heart massage. he shoves his hands into your body like he tried to penetrate Wakatsuki's neck as well. Lebanner's style is comparably soft.

I mean that's my point. Muteba has to precisely strike at specific points on your body to get the desired effect, which he can only manage by using various misdirections and sneak attacks and it becomes far harder to pull off once you know it's coming. LeBanner's version is less controllable, but that doesn't matter when all he has to do is slap you across the face, or kick you in the midriff to affect you. It's only roughly simmilar, but even with less control it's far more busted because it looks like the only way to fight him without having half of your body out of order is to perfectly dodge his every strike, which isn't very realistic.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dude has literal magic hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

I mean that's my point. Muteba has to precisely strike at specific points on your body to get the desired effect, which he can only manage by using various misdirections and sneak attacks and it becomes far harder to pull off once you know it's coming. LeBanner's version is less controllable, but that doesn't matter when all he has to do is slap you across the face, or kick you in the midriff to affect you. It's only roughly simmilar, but even with less control it's far more busted because it looks like the only way to fight him without having half of your body out of order is to perfectly dodge his every strike, which isn't very realistic.

But he still has to his the area that will be affected? I'm confused here even the slap to Akoya was right next to his eye the only thing I agree on is that he doesn't have to dig as deep as Muteba/Hanafusa have too but it's not like it really matters from a story perspective. All three fighters can poke someone to death if they tried.