Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Regy Rusty posted:

Lmao I just had a hilarious loss where I was collaborating with Gnosia SQ and she decided to keep me alive as her sex slave because she liked me so much. :allears:

This is a good game

I want to revisit this post, now that I've done everything and say (ending spoilers)I had no idea how literal, and horrifying, the "sex slave" thing was when I posted it. This is not hilarious at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
There's definitely a few moments that made me uncomfortable when I thought about the implications

Like Jonas keeps talking about Kukrushka like she's a little girl (it's hard to tell what her apparent age is supposed to be in the art style). So the reveal that he's interested in her because she's a dead ringer for his former lover was a bit yikes.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

cheetah7071 posted:

There's definitely a few moments that made me uncomfortable when I thought about the implications

Like Jonas keeps talking about Kukrushka like she's a little girl (it's hard to tell what her apparent age is supposed to be in the art style). So the reveal that he's interested in her because she's a dead ringer for his former lover was a bit yikes.

Checks out. Jonas is the worst after all.

Regy Rusty posted:

I want to revisit this post, now that I've done everything and say (ending spoilers)I had no idea how literal, and horrifying, the "sex slave" thing was when I posted it. This is not hilarious at all.

Oh yeah. Your post was hilarious, however :v:

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Lmao I actually managed to win a 10 v 3 (with doc, engineer, bug) game as Gnosia with Gina and Shigemichi as my buddies. Gina actually got herself voted too sus first, somehow. Also, by chance we tried to kill Kukrushka on day 1 and she turned out to be the bug, so then we spent several days trying to get rid of her and she just kept throwing everyone off, thankfully onto random crew usually, but it got down to 4 v 2 and she was still there. I happened to get some Remnan plot scenes so I also took the chance to get him collaborating. It's day 5 and the engineer still hasn't come out and Kukrushka was still everybody's fave, so as a hail mary I declared myself the Engineer and reported her as Gnosia (I almost never claim roles, I just don't like it). Remnan obviously turns out to be the real engineer, and I think we're hosed. Then, Kukrushka jumps in as the third engineer and somehow winds up reporting that Jonas, who we'd just killed the day before, was Gnosia. Setsu immediately fired off Definite Enemy on her, and she was unanimously voted out. Out of gratitude to Remnan and Setsu I chose, uh, whoever else was left to assassinate for the win, I think it was Comet. Shigemichi was very surprised to have won as Gnosia.

All of which brings me to ask, what actually goes on in-game with back-reports when you fake a role? After you claim, you fabricate a report each night, but how do the previous days reports from you get picked? It's kind of weird in retrospect that you can't fake reports on the fly but I guess that's a concession for the sake of the game.

E: Also, semi-unrelatedly, a thing I realised is that it's not honestly that weird that Definite Enemy etc is contingent on the Logic stat, because the Logic stat isn't representative of your logical capacity but your ability to argue using logic. It's a little untidy conceptually but there's all sorts of stuff that's easy to intuitively understand but difficult to lay out a logical proof for if you're pushed, and it's vaguely plausible that those skills might be put to the test if you're trying to convince people that they're being fooled.

Fedule fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Apr 8, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I’m 120 loops in and I’m nowhere near finished. :negative: how am I so bad at this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Just got the loop where the slime mold attacks. Yikes.

I love all the weird character details and random plot events that keep popping up.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just short of 40 and thought the one where Setsu just announces that she murdered Sha-Ming with no explanation right as the loop begins and the game just proceeds like no one gives a poo poo was really funny.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Just short of 40 and thought the one where Setsu just announces that she murdered Sha-Ming with no explanation right as the loop begins and the game just proceeds like no one gives a poo poo was really funny.

The best part is when the event pops up on a different loop and it’s like, “yeah, it happened again. No big deal.”

I’ve been playing off and on since the start and I enjoy all the characters. I feel as though each of them have enough weirdness to make them endearing. Otome is my friend and I will defend her until the end of time.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Otome was Gnosia in like 25 games in a row after I met her and she always cast doubt on me at the first opportunity. :mad:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is there a way to track which events you’ve seen?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Fedule posted:

All of which brings me to ask, what actually goes on in-game with back-reports when you fake a role? After you claim, you fabricate a report each night, but how do the previous days reports from you get picked? It's kind of weird in retrospect that you can't fake reports on the fly but I guess that's a concession for the sake of the game.

Yeah, it's all kind of wierd. Coupled with the fact if you're not careful with fake reports you can get labeled as Definitive Enemy makes me think it's never worth it.

Pollyanna posted:

Is there a way to track which events you’ve seen?

Well, not entirely sure, but there's a CG Gallery in the same event where you respec, just using the other option, but I discovered it after I beat the game. And outside of the list of events there's no kind of checklist, I still found some optional loop endings after beating the game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Well, 153 loops in, I finally got some sort of ending. I’m sure there’s more endings to find, and I’m unsure whether I want to try and figure them out on my own or look up a first step. But this was good! Even though I’m total crap at this type of game.

Ending spoilers: I suspect the fact that you can pan left and right at the title screen will be important.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If you saw the credits, you're very close to done. Complete solution for where to proceed from there:

The only remaining thing to do is to start a new file and look for something different

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yup goooooooot it! My dumb rear end figured “oh, I bet I have to name myself Setsu :v:” and that’s how I found the lead.

Ending spoilers: That makes sense, though it’s a little hard to specify the exact thing you need to do - the natural reaction to the ending is “what no Setsu come back” and the most straightforward way is to load up the game again, set the game rules up properly, and try to make something different happen. But that just does the ending again, so you try a new loop and talking to Setsu, and that doesn’t do anything either. So you’re like, the gently caress am I supposed to do now?

I’ll keep this light on spoilers, but I think the simplest way to sum up what you need to do to find the second ending is “Follow Setsu”. What would have helped the game devs get players to find the second ending is emphasizing that - cause you need some sort of lead to bite. The idea that Setsu’s key still needs to discover something plays into it, but there’s no clue what the key is missing or that you even can fill it. And the way you do is impossible to see coming. More signposting would have helped.

And I’m done! Really good game!!!!

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 10, 2021

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Just saw Gina voted out 14 to 1 :stare:

She screwed herself by stopping "Say You're Human" immediately apparently

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"Say You're Human" is pretty useful for me getting a read early but doesn't seem to help the rest of the crew that much unless it hits one of the terrible liars.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

"Say You're Human" is pretty useful for me getting a read early but doesn't seem to help the rest of the crew that much unless it hits one of the terrible liars.

Weird, I feel the opposite. I almost never catch a liar with it but one of the perceptive people usually does.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Gina is the character who probably benefits the most or second most from say you're human, so her stopping it is super suspicious. If it was followed up with a doubt chain I could see it getting to nearly unanimous. Either her fellow Gnosia didn't want to look suspicious by backing her, or she was an AC follower trying to cover for them and they threw her under the bus

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 10, 2021

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

cheetah7071 posted:

Gina is the character who probably benefits the most from say you're human, so her stopping it is super suspicious. If it was followed up with a doubt chain I could see it getting to nearly unanimous. Either her fellow Gnosia didn't want to look suspicious by backing her, or she was an AC follower trying to cover for them and they threw her under the bus

And to be fair, it's a halfway decent move for the AC follower to do (assuming you were playing actual mafia and didn't have to survive until the end of every game regardless of role).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Started this past weekend and put in about 40 loops or so.

One of the last games I played it gets down to me, Jonas, Chipie. I caught Chipie in a lie and I know it's him, but neither of them like me very much and I see this ending poorly.

Day starts, Jonas claims cop and that Chipie is scum. Ok well mathematically they both can't be so whatever guess the cop lived this long.

Crew wins. Jonas flips AC Follower. AC Follower that just torpedoed everything in the very last moment for no reason.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Started this past weekend and put in about 40 loops or so.

One of the last games I played it gets down to me, Jonas, Chipie. I caught Chipie in a lie and I know it's him, but neither of them like me very much and I see this ending poorly.

Day starts, Jonas claims cop and that Chipie is scum. Ok well mathematically they both can't be so whatever guess the cop lived this long.

Crew wins. Jonas flips AC Follower. AC Follower that just torpedoed everything in the very last moment for no reason.

AC Follower do be that way

Regy Rusty posted:

I know the AC Follower role is kind of dumb and busted, but it still blew my mind here when Sha-Ming collaborated with me and staunchly backed me up against the blatantly Gnosia Otome.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Someone was half-asleep when they coded the AC Follower AI. Which is weird cause I've felt Bugs do mostly act intelligently, it varies on the character but they tend to lay low and pip in on arguments (unless they claim a role but it seems the AI is programmed to fake claim unless they have few numbers.)

Mostly going from the Bug SQ who collabed with me D1 and was gunning for Gnosia, never suspected a thing.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
First time I did the follow-up to Yuriko’s game she killed me on the last night before a Gnosia victory. After I did Small Talk and had been defending her all game. :mad:

At least after that I got a clean single run of Comet’s Gnosia victory. Had some dicey days where Chipie was trying to throw her under the bus, too. Very nice ending, that one.

A Ceiling Fan
Aug 18, 2018
Just finished the game, it was the best thing I've played in a while. Thinking of going through a second run to check out the dialog choices I missed the first time around.

Best loop so far:

I was Gnosia with Setsu and Sha-ming. First turn both Sha-ming and Otome claim doctor.

2nd round, Setsu immediatly uses Definate Human on Otome.

I know Setsu's not above some casual homicide, but I didn't expect it to extend into the game mechanics as well!

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
The AI is kind of dumb sometimes. I had one recently where otome was my gnosia partner and voted to freeze me on the turn she and I would have won if she'd just voted for remnan who was the only person left who was suspicious of me. Like, thanks.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got another funny scene (that I don't think unlocked any profile content) where both Jonas and Shigemichi claimed to be the Engineer and decided to play video games to determine who was the real one. It's always a nice surprise when you come across an event with pretty rare conditions to it.

Fedule posted:

Generally, using a skill draws more attention than using a regular stock response, which draws more attention than doing nothing. Deciding when the utility is worth more than the attention is the important part. For example, using Deny when someone doubts you draws attention and usually raises suspicion a little, but also stops anyone from Agreeing with the Doubt. If you think you can make it work, using Regret instead of Deny draws more attention, but is likely to inspire more people to Defend you than would if you simply Deny.

As far as I'm aware, Regret has zero downside. No one has ever complained about me spamming it.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Ytlaya posted:

I got another funny scene (that I don't think unlocked any profile content) where both Jonas and Shigemichi claimed to be the Engineer and decided to play video games to determine who was the real one. It's always a nice surprise when you come across an event with pretty rare conditions to it.

As far as I'm aware, Regret has zero downside. No one has ever complained about me spamming it.

Same I hammer regret every time it comes up and I've never seen anything in the end of loop reports that indicates anybody has caught me lying with it or anything like that.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
This is the smallest, most inconsequential thing ever, but how do you change your favorite color / player icon? Was it something during character creation that I missed? I don't like the red one that much.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Tempura Wizard posted:

This is the smallest, most inconsequential thing ever, but how do you change your favorite color / player icon? Was it something during character creation that I missed? I don't like the red one that much.

It's during character creation, yeah. I never tried to change mine, so I'm not 100% sure it can't be done, but if you're not seeing a way, there might not be one.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!

Tempura Wizard posted:

I don´t remember if it works but you can change your stats if you visit Yuriko as a bug at night so try if you can change color also.

Gammymajams
Jan 30, 2016
Could anyone give me pointers on my last Comet unlock (note 6)? I've met the criteria listed in guides several times but no luck.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

So from what I understand, there’s some romantic loop endings and other things you may get if you’re a male or female (I was a male and it felt like Gina and especially Stella were obsessed with the protagonist). Are there any unique scenarios or dialogue like that if your protag is non-binary? Any other significant dialogue differences or how some characters may treat you?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
AFAIK the non-binary option is the "no romance for me, pls" option if you don't want anyone to hit on you (except Setsu being just a little too close at all times as usual).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Does that effect the opening loop with Stella being the guardian angel? since that whole scene starts with her proclaiming her love for you out of nowhere if you're a male character.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

HenryEx posted:

AFAIK the non-binary option is the "no romance for me, pls" option if you don't want anyone to hit on you (except Setsu being just a little too close at all times as usual).

No, it simply gives you some of the male option’s romances and some of the female option’s romances. For example, Comet still has a romantic ending for non-binary characters (though this is true for every gender)

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Having trouble imagining not wanting Setsu to hit on you

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

This game is awesome but I've kind of fallen off of it, having hit a roadblock where I have nothing to do but grind out Reman and SQ's last data points, which just won't spawn even when I pick conditions that I know are favorable.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I got the horny stella run ending card, that was a surprise

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rody One Half posted:

This game is awesome but I've kind of fallen off of it, having hit a roadblock where I have nothing to do but grind out Reman and SQ's last data points, which just won't spawn even when I pick conditions that I know are favorable.

Both of those require pretty specific conditions iirc and can be a bit hard to find. Here's some spoilers on how to trigger them:

For Remnan: Use the "cover" action on him. You'll get a scene later where he thanks you, continuing the event

For SQ: As a Gnosia, accept her offer of an alliance, then keep her alive long enough for more events to happen. This one has some branching dialogue which you have to get right to keep going in the followup scene

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Rody One Half posted:

SQ’s last one is a pain, I got lucky getting that one my first attempt at it.

Remnan’s last one isn’t too bad, just unintuitive. Use “Cover” on him during a debate, and his last one should pop up if he doesn’t go to cold sleep.

If you’re missing more from them, make sure SQ, Remnan, and Raqio survive to Day 2, and you should get a night scene with the latter two. From there, you just need to get SQ chosen to cold sleep (in future loops, you shouldn’t even need Raqio, just wait for SQ to offer to collab with Remnan and for Remnan to be all “HELL. NO.”) It took me waaaaay longer than it should have to get the hint on that one.