Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

LionArcher posted:

drat! they are where I see deals for movies I buy and then don't watch for 6 months on sale.

Same! Just used them for a price match of LOTR 4K. Had a reward certificate, a couple price matches, and basically I paid $10 for the set! I’m p excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Boywhiz88 posted:

Same! Just used them for a price match of LOTR 4K. Had a reward certificate, a couple price matches, and basically I paid $10 for the set! I’m p excited.

Wait, how much is the price on sale? I've been holding off on buying them...

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I picked up the LOTR 4k set recently, I was very impressed with it. It's not like, a complete game-changer or anything but I expected it to come with a balance of positives and negatives due to the early 2000s CGI but really that wasn't an issue(I mean, the CGI is dated but no more so than before) and so it was pretty much all positives.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

$82.49 or so. It wasn’t monumental but it halved what I paid out of pocket!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

John Romero posted:

That Donnie darko 4K looks so nice but man I can’t imagine spending $40 on that movie

how often does arrow do sales

Like 3-5 a year. We just had a spring sale, but I’m not sure when the next one will be. Maybe mid to late summer. Definitely one for Black Friday week and I think they do a Halloween sale too.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I keep trying to go to blu-ray.com to look up reviews for movies I’m thinking of.

This is terrible.

*pulls up hifidigest* ugh

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Just go on DVD Beaver to solve your problem. Their hideous and laughably outdated web design will make your eyes bleed out of your head and then you won't even be able to watch a movie again much less concern yourself with the quality of its home video release.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Just go on DVD Beaver to solve your problem. Their hideous and laughably outdated web design will make your eyes bleed out of your head and then you won't even be able to watch a movie again much less concern yourself with the quality of its home video release.

But doctor, I am DVD Beaver.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

CPL593H posted:

Plus you can use that to find out if a film has boobies in it!

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Yikes blu-ray.com now appears to have had its domain squatted

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Basebf555 posted:

I picked up the LOTR 4k set recently, I was very impressed with it. It's not like, a complete game-changer or anything but I expected it to come with a balance of positives and negatives due to the early 2000s CGI but really that wasn't an issue(I mean, the CGI is dated but no more so than before) and so it was pretty much all positives.

It was amazing revisiting them ink 4k. The costumes, landscapes, and especially the orcs, look fantasy. Really makes all the camera tricks pop.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Franchescanado posted:

It was amazing revisiting them ink 4k. The costumes, landscapes, and especially the orcs, look fantasy. Really makes all the camera tricks pop.

:same:

It really made me appreciate the work that went into, when they could have just half-assed it like so many other cash-ins from the early 2000's

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I’m waiting on a UHD LotR set to come out with all that behind-the-scenes stuff. Not because I care it, but I figure that will drive down the price of the Just The Movies version.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

RichterIX posted:

Yikes blu-ray.com now appears to have had its domain squatted

There's a message directly from them now that says they had a faulty server and they're working on it :shrug:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

david_a posted:

I’m waiting on a UHD LotR set to come out with all that behind-the-scenes stuff. Not because I care it, but I figure that will drive down the price of the Just The Movies version.

Same. I have the Blus and don't need the supplementary material again, I just want the pretty picture. I'm sure by the time Amazon's show comes out it'll be on deep sale.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’m normally a sucker for waiting and getting 40% off, etc. Like, I keep the 4K Steelbook of Chernobyl in my Wish List because I know eventually it will take a deep cut and then I’ll strike!

I wonder what the overlap in collections/deal-seeking is. I imagine it’s fairly tight considering Blu-Ray.com does a lot to facilitate it (although it’s probably about referral links as well). Just wonder how many people are like “oh a movie that’s been out for awhile but still full price? Sure!”

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Cemetry Gator posted:

Plus you can use that to find out if a film has boobies in it!

Proof that Roger Ebert had his consciousness loaded into a computer.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is Blu-ray.com not owned by Sony?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I just made the connection that with blu-ray.com down, their app doesn't function. Now I'm pissed.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
And people said I was crazy for using Collectorz to track my collection.

Well, who’s laughing now?! :sickos:

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I use the MyMovies app on iOS for mine. It’s pretty neat with the barcode scanner and all that.

My copy of the Predator: 4 Movie Collection came in. I now unfortunately own a copy of The Predator on home video but also Predator 1 and 2. Haven’t seen Predators since it’s theater run but I’m open to enjoying it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Predators is cool and good.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Found a Goodwill today that charges $6 for blu rays :stare:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Boinks posted:

Congratulations on your copy of Atlas Shrugged pt 2 on blu ray.

Alec Eiffel
Sep 7, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Boinks posted:

You now own Due Date, Knight and Day, and Hard Target on Blu-Ray and you only paid $18

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Nah I'm sure he bought three copies of The DaVinci Code.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
There was a B&N right near where I got my vax shot this morning and I scored a cheap copy of Excalibur. Nice!

B&N is probably the only store left that has the "you never know what you might find" element, which I love.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Excalibur 4K when

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

Excalibur 4K when

Well if I just bought the blu ray today that means the 4k should be announced within 2 weeks or so.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Thank you for your sacrifice :patriot:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Basebf555 posted:

There was a B&N right near where I got my vax shot this morning and I scored a cheap copy of Excalibur. Nice!

B&N is probably the only store left that has the "you never know what you might find" element, which I love.

Ever been to Goodwill?

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Spatulater bro! posted:

Nah I'm sure he bought three copies of The DaVinci Code.

I've noticed every Goodwill has 4 to 7 copies of the Twilight movies on blu ray. With slipcases.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Basebf555 posted:

Well if I just bought the blu ray today that means the 4k should be announced within 2 weeks or so.

It’s part of why I keep hesitating about getting the better version of The Fugitive on BD. I want it on 4K without a triple dip!

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Doesn't Excalibur have hours of cut footage? And it's lost or something? I'd buy an UHD in a heartbeat. Still have my old DVD.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You can rag on Goodwill all you want, but this year I completed my A&E Space: 1999 dvd collection for a whole $7 and bought The Keep on VHS for $5.

99% of a Goodwill’s usual selection is trash though, yeah.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Boinks posted:

I've noticed every Goodwill has 4 to 7 copies of the Twilight movies on blu ray. With slipcases.

I'd shamefully buy those for the Rifftrax. I've watched those stupid movies too many times.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I hope blu-ray.com comes back. I didn’t realize how often I use that site.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Spacebump posted:

I hope blu-ray.com comes back. I didn’t realize how often I use that site.

Same. It's my go-to source for when I think of a movie and I want a comprehensive list of its physical releases.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Among all the other things they're good to consult for the region encoding and as terrible as they are the posters on the forums know a lot of helpful stuff as long as you scroll past 50 pages of people whining that the corner of their slip cover as a 1/20000th of an inch dent on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’d hate to have to re-catalogue my entire collection somewhere else. It looks like blu-ray.com is doing a server upgrade and then coming back online.