Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
Using airport codes as metonyms for the cities they serve is bad and people should stop doing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Platystemon posted:

Using airport codes as metonyms for the cities they serve is bad and people should stop doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaA5OuZ5498

e:

drat they don't say it

rats

you're right

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Platystemon posted:

It's pretty lax behaviour.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

It's pretty lax behaviour.

EFTU, Brute!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

3D Megadoodoo posted:

EFTU, Brute!

lol

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

There needs to be more cowboy magic movies

Like a traditional western except magic is real and also probably ghosts

Actually now that I think about it a cowboy horror movie would he pretty great. I guess The Wind counts but it's more high plains frontier than cowboy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Manager Hoyden posted:

Actually now that I think about it a cowboy horror movie would he pretty great. I guess The Wind counts but it's more high plains frontier than cowboy

Go watch Bone Tomohawk. The Burrowers isn't that bad either.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

I would love this setting, but it’d have to either be more like hextech cowboys and ignore the Native Americans or would require some pretty deep research to not be offensively bad.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Go watch Bone Tomohawk. The Burrowers isn't that bad either.

Also dead birds and ravenous

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And Tremors.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Bone Tomahaws scene of the dismantling of that guy was so well made. Holy poo poo it's so gross

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SHID and FARD was and is the height of comedy.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Solice Kirsk posted:

And Tremors.

How has anyone savy enough to post on an internet forum not seem tremors

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

JollyBoyJohn posted:

How has anyone savy enough to post on an internet forum not seem tremors

Most people alive today weren't born when Tremors came out.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There's never an excuse to not watch Tremors.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

Gaius Baltar did nothing wrong. Selling out his race for Caprica Six tail was 100% justified; the humans were clearly an inferior race that deserved its fate. The cylons should have finished them on New Caprica.

Plus, there's evidence later on that human aggression started the war.

It was pretty funny that the thing they actually put Baltar on trial for was the one thing he was actually innocent of.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

docbeard posted:

It was pretty funny that the thing they actually put Baltar on trial for was the one thing he was actually innocent of.

The humans completely sucked; just incompetent in every way. Abruptly deciding to just make a colony on New Cap was completely boneheaded and I didn't feel sorry for them at all when poo poo inevitably hit the fan.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Manager Hoyden posted:

I really want a Terminator movie in the Old West. Really get back to the horror of the first film, with this almost indestructible thing relentlessly hunting John Connor's ancestor.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

podcasts are art.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

"kairo" is the scariest movie ever made

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Collapsing Farts posted:

Bone Tomahaws scene of the dismantling of that guy was so well made. Holy poo poo it's so gross

On the one hand shouldn't spoil it OTOH, don't tell people to go in to this movie cold.

I saw Kurt Russel on Coco and Conan just gushed about this movie even though it wasn't what Russel wanted to talk about (it was Guardians of the Galaxy 2, iirc) so I knew I had to see it. That scene though, yikes.

RE: magic cowboys it's a shame that the dark tower was so poorly adapted because that series has cowboys and magic for wheels

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Manager Hoyden posted:

This is what the Dark Tower movie would have been if it was made by someone who respected the source material even a little bit.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

podcasts are art.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Ham cheese and branston pickle is the best sandwich filling

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Ham cheese and branston pickle is the best sandwich filling

:hmmyes:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I wish I was allowed to express how stupid I find "agile programming" and our "agile coaches" to be at work without consequence. It feels like a pyramid scheme.

like it can "work"...if you fire everyone and replace them with people who don't know the teams we work with and make everyone hate everything about the process. That "works".

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 03:20 on Apr 17, 2021

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
In my opinion, Agile works if and only if you have no restrictions on A: timelines and B: budget. If either of those comes into play, the end result is a product that everyone’s agreed to, but no one is happy with.

I used to chalk it up to never having experienced “Agile done right,” but if it’s so drat easy to do wrong, maybe that’s just as much an indictment of the thing.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I wish I was allowed to express how stupid I find "agile programming" and our "agile coaches" to be at work without consequence. It feels like a pyramid scheme.

like it can "work"...if you fire everyone and replace them with people who don't know the teams we work with and make everyone hate everything about the process. That "works".

I’m a big fan of when they change requirements every week but still expect you to deliver on the initially agreed upon date.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Blue Moonlight posted:

In my opinion, Agile works if and only if you have no restrictions on A: timelines and B: budget. If either of those comes into play, the end result is a product that everyone’s agreed to, but no one is happy with.

I used to chalk it up to never having experienced “Agile done right,” but if it’s so drat easy to do wrong, maybe that’s just as much an indictment of the thing.

I work for the government, so timeline and budget are absurdly restricted. But I have to pretend that it's going to work anyway as we switch to a more modern shade of red tape.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

trump was bad but he wasnt anywhere near the worst president when youve got guys like truman and polk and gwb. these "worst presidents" lists usually just have the ones that were inactive or incompetent and greedy rather than the ones who are just mass murderers

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Agreed. Trump did a lot but he didn't invade Iraq. Also Reagan was an absolute disaster, you can track back pretty much all the problems to him.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shibawanko posted:

trump was bad but he wasnt anywhere near the worst president when youve got guys like truman and polk and gwb. these "worst presidents" lists usually just have the ones that were inactive or incompetent and greedy rather than the ones who are just mass murderers

There was a thing that went "we survived Bush" so you can survive Obama.

Not waving that flag but just saying that was the mentality.

Trump was embarrassing on so many levels but if you care, the next president isn't going to fix anything.

The absolute worst is now that 45 has been defeated (sport mentality, thanks for the tennis pics) you are responsible for every bad decision made by the government.

Yep, did you vote for Trump? Got the bumper stickers? Well now you own what we broke.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

im gonna be honest: im not sure what you mean by any of that

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah, what?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I also have a hard time reading that so I'm going to assume it is dangerous libertarian thinking.

All such thought needs to be snuffed out by The State.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Other than being well within living-memory whereas nobody alive today remembers Buchanan or whoever, I think Trump stands out because he is a living cartoon character. Even by the standards of George W. or Bojo or whatever ludicrous politician you want to imagine. Sure they bomb yemeni weddings too, but they do it so nobly and with such decorum.

Meanwhile the big orange boi was yelling about communist space lasers and grabbing Macron's wife by the pussy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Trump may have caused the most damage to the American psyche, though there are many other factors that can be blamed on.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Henchman of Santa posted:

Trump may have caused the most damage to the American psyche, though there are many other factors that can be blamed on.

but the american psyche isnt really as important as just dead people in other countries imo

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/who-were-the-worst-presidents-in-the-history-of-the-united-states.html herbert hoover just didnt do anything and was dumb, that's not nearly as bad as polk who was an enthusiastic slave owner and started the mexican-american war basically to get more slaves and murder indians and mexicans. if someone is elected to be the US president and then just goes to the bathroom and doesn't come out for the next 4 years they'd still be a middling president at worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

but the american psyche isnt really as important as just dead people in other countries imo

nothing, nothing is more important than the well-being of the one country on earth