Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Slightly off topic but the latest season of Decker has some great cameos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Wait can we subscribe via Patreon rather than Hei? Cause I'd prefer Patreon I already have all my info in there

I stopped subscribing to the Patreon months ago because there hadn't been any updates or monthly podcast episodes in a very long time. I don't think being a subscriber there grants access going forward and I'm not sure why they don't just close it (probably because they're still making money on it)

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Sorry about that, I got patreon and the hei thing twisted

g-c
Dec 10, 2006

Say cheese
oh my god it really is James Dean

incredible. wow.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

huh posted:

Slightly off topic but the latest season of Decker has some great cameos.

That's Gregg, I'd say he's more of a guest than a cameo

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

thought he looked familiar

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The ant-man/fantastic 4 rivalry era might be my favorite running Tim vs Gregg joke in the OCU. Just how much it warped the fourth wall that the character versions would be in these movies, and then instead of just not reviewing/discussing them they write it into the show. And then the real life aspect of ant-man being popular and fantastic 4 eating poo poo.

It's up there with the star trek debate gag. Almost ten years running

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Favorite rivalry?

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Ingmar terdman posted:

The ant-man/fantastic 4 rivalry era might be my favorite running Tim vs Gregg joke in the OCU. Just how much it warped the fourth wall that the character versions would be in these movies, and then instead of just not reviewing/discussing them they write it into the show. And then the real life aspect of ant-man being popular and fantastic 4 eating poo poo.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

g-c posted:

oh my god it really is James Dean

incredible. wow.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I had a dream and there was a part I think it's from a Tim Heidecker thing but I'm not sure.

There a dude in a lovely lizard costume singing "I'm so saaaaaaaaaad" and the chorus is singing "In so happy, I'm so happy" over that

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ingmar terdman posted:

I got into a thing the other day where a friend was talking about Christopher Lloyd and how he was a Klingon after Roger Rabbit. I said no, it was STIII, that was early 80s, he's like no, it was Undiscovered Country, 90s. Me, no, STIII, him, no, ST V, right? Me, STIII, him no, that would have been the Search for Spock one, he must have been in IV. Me yeah no, IV was whales. Him, ok yeah, I guess III

I thought he was doing a bit but I'm not that lucky

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002

Data Graham posted:

I got into a thing the other day where a friend was talking about Christopher Lloyd and how he was a Klingon after Roger Rabbit. I said no, it was STIII, that was early 80s, he's like no, it was Undiscovered Country, 90s. Me, no, STIII, him, no, ST V, right? Me, STIII, him no, that would have been the Search for Spock one, he must have been in IV. Me yeah no, IV was whales. Him, ok yeah, I guess III

I thought he was doing a bit but I'm not that lucky

That paragraph is a truly punishing read

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I tried to capture the true experience

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

My little kid happened to walk in on me watching On Cinema and they were doing the Star Trek bit, so I explained to her that it's a pretend argument about the stupidest thing possible and now she brings it up all the time it's hilarious

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Another Bill posted:

My little kid happened to walk in on me watching On Cinema and they were doing the Star Trek bit, so I explained to her that it's a pretend argument about the stupidest thing possible and now she brings it up all the time it's hilarious

Just PLEASE don’t vaccinate your child. Vaccines are so dangerous. Nutritional vaping supplements and acupuncture only.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

19 o'clock posted:

Just PLEASE don’t vaccinate your child. Vaccines are so dangerous. Nutritional vaping supplements and acupuncture only.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdZaoBjr0c8

HE AIN'T COM-ING BACK

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Such a touching tribute not only to Tom Cruise Jr but to all of those taken from this world too soon. Amen.

Special is almost a week away!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

finally bought my ticket. fingers crossed for a dekkar performance

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

fingers crossed for a dekkar performance

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fingers crossed for a Trip Spencer appearance.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

i remember when he first showed the picture of baby tom cruise jr, i was 100% sure it was going to end up being actually gregg's kid, and that would be why gregg seemed to care way more about ayaka and the baby's wellbeing than tim.

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

derp posted:

i remember when he first showed the picture of baby tom cruise jr, i was 100% sure it was going to end up being actually gregg's kid, and that would be why gregg seemed to care way more about ayaka and the baby's wellbeing than tim.

Holy poo poo, haha.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think people have said that the baby playing Tom Cruise Jr actually is Gregg's kid

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I think people have said that the baby playing Tom Cruise Jr actually is Gregg's kid

it sure looks like him, haha, thought for sure it was intentional

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

There something special about Greggs adamant thinking that it will win because of OscEr write ins

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I think I'm going to spend all my free time this week watching the first 4 Oscer specials that I've only seen the highlights of. I got the Oscer fever!

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

What I love about the Oscar specials is how they're these long, live constructed dramas that always end in a crescendo of drunk violence and absurd editing. And they pull it off everytime. I think they're much more rewatchable than the series.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Another Bill posted:

What I love about the Oscar specials is how they're these long, live constructed dramas that always end in a crescendo of drunk violence and absurd editing. And they pull it off everytime. I think they're much more rewatchable than the series.

The joker tribute last year was some real good poo poo. They really have continued to top themselves every year. So excited for this one.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

19 o'clock
Sep 9, 2004

Excelsior!!!

Tetramin posted:

The joker tribute last year was some real good poo poo. They really have continued to top themselves every year. So excited for this one.

I was impressed with how unsettling it got. I loved it.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Pick your favourite oscar special finale.

2nd oscar special

huh fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Apr 18, 2021

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
3rd oscar special

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
our cinema oscar special

huh
Jan 23, 2004