Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i equipped Gen with some kind of rod and the skill it gave me broke it instantly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

hey you disrespectful little poo poo. mention kizuna ai again on stream and i'll be forced to equip my jewel box and economizer and blast your rear end to hell with 2x ultima for the low cost of 2mp

Lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
a SaGa head directed me to making this monster which has insane stats and i hunted down some cool abilities. monsters are really cool in this game

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Tell us

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

So I never understood the whole "Shuzer has Red's father's brain" bit at the end of your fight with him. Does that mean Shuzer had Dr. Okonogi's brain implanted in his own skull? Why would you do something like that? How does Shuzer know that Alkaiser is Red in the first place? Wouldn't that mean that Red's identity has been revealed and his memory should get erased? Before the fight Shuzer acts like he doesn't even know who Alkaiser is! These are the questions that have been plaguing me for 20+ years.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I know nothing about this game but assumed it was like $60 for some reason. Totally gonna check it out blind for $25

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

TitasWave is a pretty good skill that you can get on mystics and monsters and has self-combo status and combos well with other moves since it counts as a down status attack, like Heaven and Hell

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I know nothing about this game but assumed it was like $60 for some reason. Totally gonna check it out blind for $25

drat, I know what I'm doing on payday

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
This game seems way cooler than bravely but I have to finish that first

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

AverySpecialfriend posted:

This game seems way cooler than bravely but I have to finish that first

as someone who bbeat bravely two days before this came out: theyre about as different as two jrpgs can be and thats a fact

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Kongming posted:

So I never understood the whole "Shuzer has Red's father's brain" bit at the end of your fight with him. Does that mean Shuzer had Dr. Okonogi's brain implanted in his own skull? Why would you do something like that?

Very carefully

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
https://twitter.com/i/status/1383402209258336264

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

The combo attacks in this are so hype. Completely obliterated Red's final boss with a level 5 combo on every one of my turns. Love when JRPG bosses slowly disintegrate.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
finished a second play session last night and i quickly went from extremely confused to extremely pumped. i started playing a little closer attention and the combat started making a lot more sense. i LOVE the hp/lp system, maybe just because i'm still only a few hours into my first character but it feels like it makes battles more swingy and varied without being really frustrating. and just giving me the whole world once i finished the factory quest was cool as poo poo.

Kongming posted:

The combo attacks in this are so hype. Completely obliterated Red's final boss with a level 5 combo on every one of my turns. Love when JRPG bosses slowly disintegrate.

the first time got a level 3 combo was hype. the first time i saw a level 5 combo i was in gamer heaven. this game gives you all the content right away and it pays off.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Kongming posted:

lol hell yeah

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Fungah! posted:

as someone who bbeat bravely two days before this came out: theyre about as different as two jrpgs can be and thats a fact

I'm just bored of bravely and kind of slogging through at this point

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

So in New Game+ it looks like Rouge will inherit all of Blue's stuff including all the spells except Life and the gift-only Time and Space spells. The same probably works in reverse if you train Rouge up in another scenario before picking Blue. Makes sense lore-wise but I wasn't expecting it.

superloosegoose
Dec 26, 2008
The LP shop in facinaturu/LP in general is such a great concept, I wish it was adopted in more games

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

You broke them down bit by bit with epic moves. Just smeared about and smashed to bits. that owns, magic combos are super cool too since you want to use those more in Blue's scenario

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

I just got stomped by Diva after steamrolling the rest of Emilia's scenario.

Going to try it again in the morning with more focus on getting buffs up and not just trying to burst down the boss.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Man I thought Gen was able to be recruited by everyone but Emilia isn't triggering the extra dialogue with the skeleton in Koorong even after accepting the Arcane quest. Guess I remembered wrong. You're forced to used Gradius members for most of her quest anyway so it's not a big deal.

Vadun posted:

I just got stomped by Diva after steamrolling the rest of Emilia's scenario.

Going to try it again in the morning with more focus on getting buffs up and not just trying to burst down the boss.

I seem to recall Diva has a lot of HP, even more than other final bosses. I've completed 4 scenarios now and Asellus' final boss seemed to be the frailest I've fought so far but he still probably had at least over 100k HP. It might be worth it to give everyone some max cures.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

I seem to recall Diva has a lot of HP, even more than other final bosses. I've completed 4 scenarios now and Asellus' final boss seemed to be the frailest I've fought so far but he still probably had at least over 100k HP. It might be worth it to give everyone some max cures.

Diva's got the biggest HP pool for sure, plus her ability to throw out wave attacks makes her a menace. you need to have some armor that cancels out elements to fight her properly, since she can throw out everything, including sonic

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Emelia was my first I ever played, and Diva steamrolled me so hard that I had to spend hours grinding with nothing but no-WP abilities left, before popping my sanctuary stone and taking her on over and over until I finally got it

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I actually just fought Diva and she's definitely one of the tougher scenario bosses. Only have Lute, Riki, and Fuse left. Lute I can probably clear in less than an hour with New Game+.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Kongming posted:

Only have Lute, Riki, and Fuse left. Lute I can probably clear in less than an hour with New Game+.

you're going to need to prepare for Riki's boss, as they're the actual other meanest other than T260-G's boss. they are brutal since they take away your rings.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

T260-G's wasn't too bad for me because I was running EngineerCar and Leonard alongside Gen and Mei-Ling. EngineerCar and Leonard could both repair and one of the humans had the backpack equipped for multiple Max Cure usage. I just had to heal up this way after every Carnage. It usually lasted one turn in every "form" after I healed up. 3 Mecs with Multi Slash and Combat Maneuvers really racks up the damage.

The only final boss that made me feel like "oh poo poo, I could lose this" so far was Hell's Lord.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

love ending a combo with locomotive g, camera zooming in as i bash an enemy into the geound like ten times

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Lute's final boss owns. Mondo owns.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dullahan is pretty good too

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I made Riki into a Dullahan but I don't love the skills you need to lock in the form. And new absorptions usually lead to him becoming a lovely bee until I absorb again and turn him back into a Dullahan. It was funny to watch an enemy throw a boulder at Riki in bee form and he literally got squashed like a bug, at least.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kongming posted:

So in New Game+ it looks like Rouge will inherit all of Blue's stuff including all the spells except Life and the gift-only Time and Space spells. The same probably works in reverse if you train Rouge up in another scenario before picking Blue. Makes sense lore-wise but I wasn't expecting it.

I tested this and it doesn't work in that direction. Blue won't inherit anything from Rouge if you start a new Blue playthrough with an NG+ save that included Rouge.

I think the way it works is that Blue and Rouge count as separate characters in the game files (they do for system data purposes as well), but Blue/Rouge from the end of Blue's scenario counts as both. So while Blue can't inherit anything from Rouge on NG+, they can both inherit stuff from endgame Blue/Rouge on NG+.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Update: Riki in Dullahan form is probably a bad idea because he only has 4 LP in this form and I got news for you...Magma Slimes. I had Riki die about 4 or 5 times and I only cleared because I had two LP replenishing items to feed him. Definitely come into this with a monster form with more LP. It still sucks rear end, though.

Also, Virgil will not accept combos that are in your combo history so uh try not to make any super cool combos the entire scenario until you get to him. I was locked out of a guaranteed 5 person combo due to this and had to scramble to figure out a different one.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

Also, Virgil will not accept combos that are in your combo history so uh try not to make any super cool combos the entire scenario until you get to him

lmao

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

lol SaGa ftw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i cant decide if thats a bug or kawazu deciding that virgil only wants to see combos you havent done before

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Fungah! posted:

i cant decide if thats a bug or kawazu deciding that virgil only wants to see combos you havent done before

I was reading the Essence of SaGa and they bring this up and I believe it's intentional. I don't think it worked like this in the NA release because combo history was removed in that release.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Finished Riki's scenario last night and it was 80% pretty fun and then the last 20% was truly horrible

I almost respect the sheer spite of the magma slimes

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Hizke posted:

a SaGa head directed me to making this monster which has insane stats and i hunted down some cool abilities. monsters are really cool in this game

I'm going to try and do this now that I'm playing as Fuse and want team IRPO.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

utterly obliterated orlouge. on to the next scenario, BLUE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!

Kongming posted:

Update: Riki in Dullahan form is probably a bad idea because he only has 4 LP in this form and I got news for you...Magma Slimes. I had Riki die about 4 or 5 times and I only cleared because I had two LP replenishing items to feed him. Definitely come into this with a monster form with more LP. It still sucks rear end, though.

This is what the Thief Ring is for!