Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Gripweed posted:

I challenge you to eat everything Brad Pitt eats in Ocean's Eleven at the same time he does.

Oh, crap

Pan Dulce posted:

Here's what he'd be eating:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6mNJwImPb4&t=228s

Holy poo poo that's a lot to prepare.

I could probably do this but I feel like I'd wimp out at the shrimp because I don't like seafood :(

CPL593H posted:

When are you watching Pink Flamingos?

Ya know, it was a double feature with Ghostbusters so I've already watched it and I think I'm good on watching it for a good long while!

Lastdancer fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Apr 16, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lastdancer posted:

So I was watching Ghostbusters while eating Cheez-Its and a stray thought entered my head just now... "I wonder if anyone has ever been challenged to eat or drink everything someone in a movie does at the same time..."

My favorite drinking game is drinking everytime William Powell drinks in a Thin Man film.

They're murder mysteries but if you play the game you probably won't remember the ending, so you can rewatch it and still be surprised.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Eat 50 hard boiled eggs along with Cool Hand Luke

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

American Psycho food challenge

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lastdancer posted:

Oh, crap

I could probably do this but I feel like I'd wimp out at the shrimp because I don't like seafood :(

Ya know, it was a double feature with Ghostbusters so I've already watched it and I think I'm good on watching it for a good long while!

Watch Ghostbusters II and eat sewer muck.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Tongue sandwich with Pollux Troy Face/OFF

and in the spirit of the game...a peach for hours

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I mean, Ravenous, obviously

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Re-Animator would be fun.

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Delicatessen comes to mind.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lastdancer posted:

So I was watching Ghostbusters while eating Cheez-Its and a stray thought entered my head just now... "I wonder if anyone has ever been challenged to eat or drink everything someone in a movie does at the same time..."

I did this with Twin Peaks during the scene where the Horne brothers eat the baguettes with brie. It's basically french grilled cheese but it was f u c k i n g a m a z i n g, let me tell you

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Food Challenge Quadrilogy:

Jason Goes to Hell: The Final Friday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E74h_FHSNMg

Matilda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOQeU_6vbeg

Stand by Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK0JaEde4VI

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmILP6sxhoA

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Lastdancer posted:

There are drinking games like this for Withnail & I and The Big Lebowski. For Withnail & I, you drink whatever the main characters drink when they drink it, excepting the lighter fluid shot which can be replaced with vodka. For The Big Lebowski, you drink a White Russian whenever the Dude drinks a White Russian. For bonus points, you can also smoke a joint whenever the Dude tokes up.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

For Salo do you eat chocolate mousse or poo poo?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Vincent posted:

Yes

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Vincent posted:

Pasolini’s recipe was Swiss chocolate mixed with biscuit crumblings, marmalade and olive oil, so eat that.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

There are drinking games like this for Withnail & I and The Big Lebowski. For Withnail & I, you drink whatever the main characters drink when they drink it, excepting the lighter fluid shot which can be replaced with vodka. For The Big Lebowski, you drink a White Russian whenever the Dude drinks a White Russian. For bonus points, you can also smoke a joint whenever the Dude tokes up.

This actually made me remember a guy I used to know who was super into the Coens and Lebowski, and he told me about Lebowski Fest where that game was one of the things they'd do while watching the movie. I had completely forgotten but this is probably why that thought entered my head in the first place

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Saló sounds like a genuinely fun set to have been on.

A lot of the other notorious films of that era sound like actually making them was a complete nightmare but the Saló set sounds like it was really nice and fun in complete contrast with the subject matter.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
Our local police killed a dude having a mental health crisis while he was in the jurisdiction of an unarmed response team that was supposed to be there instead of the cops and we’re already getting burn warnings in April. Great country here.

All that is to say that it’s hot enough to be Traumatize CPL Season:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Oh god, they're so khaki and straight.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

And there's an old all in one record player from the 60's sitting there behind them, just waiting to eat records.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Geekboy posted:

And there's an old all in one record player from the 60's sitting there behind them, just waiting to eat records.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nXGPZaTKik

I'm going to step on all of your spaceships. None will be spared and a curse upon your home will destroy any that enter.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Geekboy posted:

Our local police killed a dude having a mental health crisis while he was in the jurisdiction of an unarmed response team that was supposed to be there instead of the cops and we’re already getting burn warnings in April. Great country here.

*In an extremely american voice* unarmed???

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

The Klowner posted:

*In an extremely american voice* unarmed???

it's almost like when you send people with guns they tend to use them or something

no wait now I'm just being crazy

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Geekboy posted:

it's almost like when you send people with guns they tend to use them or something

“To a man with a hammer everything looks like a nail”

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Geekboy posted:

That's why they have tasers. So they don't have to use the guns.

It always works out that way with no problems!

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've never seen a superman movie except for superman returns and justice league. What should I watch first

Man of steel
Superman with christopher reeves

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've never seen a superman movie except for superman returns and justice league. What should I watch first

Man of steel
Superman with christopher reeves

Superman: The Movie
Superman II
Superman II Richard Donner cut.

Stop.

I was a lone defender of Superman Returns for many years but I don't think I'll ever be watching that one again.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Aw I was hoping superman 3 would be worth watching due to pryor

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ehhh, maybe. I didn't bother with those because they're notoriously lovely and what I have seen of them is bad. Also, they were supposed to have Bizarro in one of them but then they did some poo poo with an off brand Superman because they were loving cowards. I'm sure 3 and 4 have some camp value but I'm just not interested.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fair enough thanks cpl

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Superman 3 is great, it's just unbelievably weird and off-color.

Superman 4 is the one with no redeeming qualities.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Superman III is kinda fun if a bit messy and tired, Superman IV is full madness.

And I'm a big fan of Man of Steel but the divide on that one is still real.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Ehhh, maybe. I didn't bother with those because they're notoriously lovely and what I have seen of them is bad. Also, they were supposed to have Bizarro in one of them but then they did some poo poo with an off brand Superman because they were loving cowards. I'm sure 3 and 4 have some camp value but I'm just not interested.

That one is 4 I believe.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Yeah 4 is lovely not-Bizarro. 3, insofar as it takes inspiration from any traditional Superman villain, is more Brainiac.

And yes, Man of Steel is fantastic, but I'd watch the Donner movies first both because they're good in their own right and also so you have context for why people are so goddamn weird about Man of Steel betraying their expectations.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Kong vs Godzilla Kong is supposed to be fully grown now but you cant see his dick? 4min into the movie

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

Kong vs Godzilla Kong is supposed to be fully grown now but you cant see his dick? 4min into the movie

Gorillas have small penises in proportion to their bodies. Pause the movie and look closer.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

King Kong is not and never has been a Gorilla. He's a fictional species of great ape with a fully retractable penis.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

banned from Starbucks posted:

You see kong dick in the post-credits scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
Godzilla is the one loving him we should be talking about his dick instead