Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
He's pretty hosed regardless though. He'll always be known as a rapist and I don't see how he gets any sort of job related the game going forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Jono C posted:

He's pretty hosed regardless though. He'll always be known as a rapist and I don't see how he gets any sort of job related the game going forward.

Hahahahhahahaha may I introduce you to the NRL

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I dont like his chances of winning an appeal tbh. More details are coming out about the evidence against him. Pretty bad.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Not the first Hillsong person to turn out to be a creep.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Got a bit poo poo hosed in supercoach this week

Matto, Cleary and Pappy all out, boo

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Really good game last night. I am still chuckling at Olam not passing to JAC.

That said it was probably an obstruction so it should be moot

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Really good game last night. I am still chuckling at Olam not passing to JAC.

That said it was probably an obstruction so it should be moot

join us in the discord

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
That Ricky Stuart press conference was one for the ages.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

It was just bad luck combined with the warriors putting in

Once we had Scott defending with a broken rib and Havili gassed as poo poo defending in the back row (He is normally a middle third player) we were in huge trouble

That said we are way too slow. Raps has been a great servant, still makes great yardage but his finishing is average at best now.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Woohoo, I got RLWC grand final tickets for myself, my wife, our daughter, and my dad. I am sure it was a good idea to wake up at 4am my time to spend £300 on this purchase because as we all know the international game is the highest and most prestigious level of Rugby League Football.

Seriously though any of you goons planning (hoping) to be there? Assuming travel restrictions have eased and my family can actually go, maybe I can trick them into joining me for a goonmeet with whichever of you happens to be in Manchester for the grand final.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I'm dreaming of it but I don't hold out much hope for it

On the other hand I've now bought diamond tickets for the whole Brisbane magic round for me and a mate to get drunk for an entire weekend and heckle everyone so idk I don't make sensible life choices

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

iajanus posted:

I'm dreaming of it but I don't hold out much hope for it

On the other hand I've now bought diamond tickets for the whole Brisbane magic round for me and a mate to get drunk for an entire weekend and heckle everyone so idk I don't make sensible life choices

How much they go for? I've been thinking of doing the same.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

BlindSite posted:

How much they go for? I've been thinking of doing the same.

$299 for the whole weekend. Was going to get a hotel for us in the city (so we wouldn't wake up iajwife and iajunior when we wander in at midnight each night) but the rates were insane; just going to ship those two off to her sister's for the weekend and have the house to ourselves. Ubering in and out isn't expensive.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
I’m going to enjoy NRL Magic Weekend the way God intended: on replay over the next week in 5 minute chunks on the WatchNRL app while using the bathroom.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I know super coach victories don't mean much but I was 60 points behind with 1 player to go yesterday he was playing so poo poo I turned it off at half-time.

My opponent had the C on papy was home for all money.

I had Blake Ferguson.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Well after 5 rounds I gotta say it's a good thing the Bulldogs exist to probably save us from wooden spoons this year. :v:

Turbo and a few others are meant to return this week so maybe Sea Eagles can turn the season around now...

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

Well after 5 rounds I gotta say it's a good thing the Bulldogs exist to probably save us from wooden spoons this year. :v:

Turbo and a few others are meant to return this week so maybe Sea Eagles can turn the season around now...

Yeah we're trying hard to get it too

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
I figure a few denizens would enjoy this:

https://threader.app/thread/1171721362924138497

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The most hilarious/soul-crushing thing I've ever read

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Imagine Nonu playing for the Tigers.

In 2008, he became the first-choice 12 for the All Blacks, developed an exceptional passing game, and developed a solid boot, while maintaining his ability to be a consistent line-breaker. Between 2008 and 2015, he became an All Black centurion and won back-to-back World Cups.

I think he made the right choice.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Its pretty funny going through some of the incompetency from the various teams. Needing to pay the value of a players contract can cause some wacky situations like the Roosters and the Raiders both chipping in for Todd Payten to play for the tigers.

This one though

2017 - CEO Justin Pascoe tells young gun fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen that we are resigning James Tedesco. Papenhuyzen signs with Melbourne Storm, and weeks later Tedesco signs with the Roosters. He doesn't backflip this time. (Source: https://threader.app/thread/1171721362924138497)

Whoops

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Somehow Josh Addo-Carr going to the Storm despite wanting to stay didn't rate a mention, nor did Beau Ryan both wanting to stay and being wanted, but somehow we could not manage the logistics of getting a contract to him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Its pretty funny going through some of the incompetency from the various teams. Needing to pay the value of a players contract can cause some wacky situations like the Roosters and the Raiders both chipping in for Todd Payten to play for the tigers.

This one though

2017 - CEO Justin Pascoe tells young gun fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen that we are resigning James Tedesco. Papenhuyzen signs with Melbourne Storm, and weeks later Tedesco signs with the Roosters. He doesn't backflip this time. (Source: https://threader.app/thread/1171721362924138497)

Whoops
pretty dumb not to keep Paps signed until you secure the Tedesco signature

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I believe you'll find it's incredible business (if your trying to get us every spoon available)

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Vagabundo posted:

Imagine Nonu playing for the Tigers.

In 2008, he became the first-choice 12 for the All Blacks, developed an exceptional passing game, and developed a solid boot, while maintaining his ability to be a consistent line-breaker. Between 2008 and 2015, he became an All Black centurion and won back-to-back World Cups.

I think he made the right choice.

Literally unthinkable. I vomited in my mouth slightly when you mentioned it.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Broncos v Panthers was a way better game than I expected. Was planning to die during a 60+ thrashing but it was close and hard fought right to the end. Would have been great to watch as a neutral.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

ili posted:

Broncos v Panthers was a way better game than I expected. Was planning to die during a 60+ thrashing but it was close and hard fought right to the end. Would have been great to watch as a neutral.

Even as a broncos fan I didn't mind the loss. A win would have been loving amazing but I'm just so pleased they showed some ticker for a change.

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Good to see one of the minnows finally standing up to the big teams.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Really good game by Sea Eagles yesterday! Having Turbo back makes such a huge difference.

Hope he can last the rest of the season now. :pray:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Fanatic posted:

Really good game by Sea Eagles yesterday! Having Turbo back makes such a huge difference.

Hope he can last the rest of the season now. :pray:

Going by his career so far I have some bad news for you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There is a point where players stop getting hammy injuries

fingers crossed for tom the 40th one was the last

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

bowmore posted:

There is a point where players stop getting hammy injuries

fingers crossed for tom the 40th one was the last

Yeah, when they retire.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Jesus wtf is happening in Brisbane. Rumor is dearden and croft both dropped for Milf and Gamble this week.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Dearden's off to the Cows and Croft is poo poo. Gamble's probably poo poo too and who fucken knows if Milf will turn up this week.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Would Brisbane be interested in a player swap.
Milf for Brooks?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

They could just take Brooks for free if it means we get rid of him

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
So it looks like we might get another Perenara in a Sydney-based club. Henry's cousin TJ is apparently genuinely negotiating a switch over to the Roosters from rugby union.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Dang the raiders stink again

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dang the raiders stink again
This is the results of getting so close to winning a GF but just not being able to manage it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Same thing happened to the Bulldogs