Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Sad Americana:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nZaNc-DZA0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpyHhrDgG5A

I had to drive through that area once and it was really scary

so what are people taking that makes them do that?

i've never seen someone bend over at the waist before and just go almost catatonic , but it seems to be 'the' thing they all do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Blue On Blue posted:

i've never seen someone bend over at the waist before and just go almost catatonic , but it seems to be 'the' thing they all do?

I'm gonna guess heroin. David Cross has a whole bit about heroin addicts and the weird contortions they get into without falling over.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

We should do something about all the misery and suffering. For, like, lots of reasons.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

We should do something about all the misery and suffering. For, like, lots of reasons.

But.... money. :shrug:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tarkus posted:

charliebo313 is a youtuber that goes around the US and drives through the hoods in the local area. Sometimes he interviews people too. Not a bad channel to see what the 'inner city' is like in many of these cities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCX2qger_uo

Holy poo poo

I haven't seen roads this bad even in Eastern Europe.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

mobby_6kl posted:

Holy poo poo

I haven't seen roads this bad even in Eastern Europe.

the worst off places in the USA are as bad as any blasted third world hellhole. it is a real bad deal.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

it's ok, the guy at 1:15 is just trying to pull himself up by his bootstraps

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

Blue On Blue posted:

definitely heroin, although I've seen similar effects from people who combine benzos with opiates to try to imitate the effects of heroin

what's weird is that if you talk to them while they're nodding they might snap in and out of consciousness and can seem to hold a conversation or even do a job albeit punctuated by brief moments of nodding off

heroin is definitely bad americana

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Homocow posted:

definitely heroin, although I've seen similar effects from people who combine benzos with opiates to try to imitate the effects of heroin

what's weird is that if you talk to them while they're nodding they might snap in and out of consciousness and can seem to hold a conversation or even do a job albeit punctuated by brief moments of nodding off

heroin is definitely bad americana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqu_2HmHO5A

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

uber_stoat posted:

the worst off places in the USA are as bad as any blasted third world hellhole. it is a real bad deal.

Rude Jude is a guy with a Radio show on Satellite Radio. He's from Pontiac Michigan, and he talks about how theres a lot of Middle Eastern people who live in some of the shittier areas of Detriot and other parts of Michigan and he's asked some of them "don't you think its bad/aren't you scared etc"? He says they're all pretty much like, "until I hear missiles dropping, and seeing tanks and armored cars rolling down the streets and bombs going off, this is better than (insert war torn middle eastern country here)".

Makes sense I guess. There are a lot of lovely places in First world countries, but even some of them are luxurious compared to some places.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Honest to god. Bring all of the refugees here, and help them get set-up in the blight, see how fast it turns around. Not always or everywhere, but you would see a real difference.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PainterofCrap posted:

Honest to god. Bring all of the refugees here, and help them get set-up in the blight, see how fast it turns around. Not always or everywhere, but you would see a real difference.
this take is bizarre, like the opposite of a white savior complex?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Bismuth posted:

Canada counts

Don't.

But yeah I live up here and your cultural bullshit just bleeds across the border like osmosis. I'm talking about wages and benefits and poo poo. I was kinda shocked when I got to this country and realised it wasn't as great as I was led to believe. Only now getting $15 hr (CAD) min wage and even that is bullshit.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Canada voted literally the best country in the world.

This goon:

Outrail posted:

Don't.

But yeah I live up here and your cultural bullshit just bleeds across the border like osmosis. I'm talking about wages and benefits and poo poo. I was kinda shocked when I got to this country and realised it wasn't as great as I was led to believe. Only now getting $15 hr (CAD) min wage and even that is bullshit.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Big Beef City posted:

Canada voted literally the best country in the world.

This goon:

If it was a shithole I'd leave. Just because it's good doesn't mean it can't be better. Just because it's voted best doesn't mean there's not bad things.

I guess all those Canadian first nations citizens should stop complaining about poo poo since they live in the best country and there's no human rights violations ever in the great country of canauckistan eh?

BBC: If something is voted the best than its literally as good as it could possibly be and there's nothing wrong at all and no way it could be improved.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Outrail posted:

If it was a shithole I'd leave. Just because it's good doesn't mean it can't be better. Just because it's voted best doesn't mean there's not bad things.

I guess all those Canadian first nations citizens should stop complaining about poo poo since they live in the best country and there's no human rights violations ever in the great country of canauckistan eh?

BBC: If something is voted the best than its literally as good as it could possibly be and there's nothing wrong at all and no way it could be improved.

Are you ok

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Bismuth posted:

Are you ok

Yeah, thanks though

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Outrail posted:

Yeah, thanks though

Cool none of that is what I said. Good posting. Nice job. I'm sorry you're mad at America and Canada.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Big Beef City posted:

Cool none of that is what I said. Good posting. Nice job. I'm sorry you're mad at America and Canada.

Everyone should be mad at America and Canada.

Guess I just needed to have a little meltdown.

Is this true? I never got to spend any time in the mid west

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Big Beef City posted:

you are consistently one of the most weirdly aggressive posters on here (and that's saying something coming from me!!!!!)

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Stunt_enby posted:

you are consistently one of the most weirdly aggressive posters on here (and that's saying something coming from me!!!!!)

Big beef energy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
GET BEEFY, BITHC!!!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If Canada counts then have this pic I took

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Meme Poker Party posted:

GET BEEFY, BITHC!!!

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Wish they could have fit a third LIQUOR DEPOT on the awning

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

I once saw an old man in the Villages try to drive his golf cart into a liquor store. It wouldn’t fit though the doors and the clerk asked him to leave politely. He drove off angrily screaming “I’ll have you fired!”

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bar Ran Dun posted:

I once saw an old man in the Villages try to drive his golf cart into a liquor store. It wouldn’t fit though the doors and the clerk asked him to leave politely. He drove off angrily screaming “I’ll have you fired!”

...well did he?

E:

Stunt_enby posted:

(and that's saying something coming from me!!!!!)

No it isn't

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Picnic Princess posted:

Calgary? By hotel arts?

If so that’s an interesting liquor store to go into my in laws live near there

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
north philly walking tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FD7xxo5ApY

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Outrail posted:

What people in New Jersey believe is going down in the rest of the country.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Most of these taken near my hometown. Fairly bog-standard Midwestern college town surrounded by some very, very poor areas with populations under 1,500.

But, America being extremely large, also some pretty drat incredible places, too.

And some people, including a selfie in Winslow, AZ. I had to make it a stop on my trip on Route 66.

And what's more American than some baseball :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OccsdzbuwpE

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I am descended from primates what the gently caress do I want with a bunch of austere cliffs and rocks?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Do it ironically posted:

Calgary? By hotel arts?

If so that’s an interesting liquor store to go into my in laws live near there

Indeed Calgary, but this is the Forest Lawn location. Because of course it is.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

...well did he?

No idea. But I told my dad who was a liquor lead in another store down the road and this was neither a shocking or surprising anecdote to him.

piratesdontskip
Apr 9, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Any Midwestern WalMart should have at least one riding lawnmower in its parking lot.

piratesdontskip fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Apr 18, 2021

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Outrail posted:

Everyone should be mad at America and Canada.

Guess I just needed to have a little meltdown.

Yes, I have been informed Midwesterners drink gasoline.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, I have been informed Midwesterners drink gasoline.

That explains a lot

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
After the invention of unleaded gasoline american kids had to get their lead from other sources

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
American kids can have little a lead, as a treat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoa hey somebody been eatin up allll the paintchips. :toughguy: