Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

Literally just the Gundam version of this:

No Slander towards the Dragon Megazord, although I think the configuration with the Dragon zord as the center so the TRex Zord can be independent is better. But who can say no to stacking more shooty gun heads onto the Zord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No Slander towards the Dragon Megazord, although I think the configuration with the Dragon zord as the center so the TRex Zord can be independent is better. But who can say no to stacking more shooty gun heads onto the Zord?

I'm sorry, but Mega Dragonzord (Zyutei Daizyujin) was lame to me even as a kid. Doesn't help that even modern toys can't figure out how to make that configuration work without massive stability issues or butchering the articulation.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

TaurusOxford posted:

I'm sorry, but Mega Dragonzord (Zyutei Daizyujin) was lame to me even as a kid. Doesn't help that even modern toys can't figure out how to make that configuration work without massive stability issues or butchering the articulation.

I liked the Dragon better than the White Tiger I guess that's all I really got. I personally only found the mount everything onto the giant brontosaur tractor to be the truly lame one. What a sitting duck.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Fine, I'll be the one to say it - the Leo kit isn't very good. A bunch of the joints are super floppy and it's got some really visible nub placement on the green parts that was surely avoidable if they wanted to. I nearly lost one of the tiny thigh insert pieces when I dropped it (twice) and I'm not sure why they even exist.

They're lucky the suit itself is such an elegant, classic design.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

sassassin posted:

Fine, I'll be the one to say it - the Leo kit isn't very good. A bunch of the joints are super floppy and it's got some really visible nub placement on the green parts that was surely avoidable if they wanted to. I nearly lost one of the tiny thigh insert pieces when I dropped it (twice) and I'm not sure why they even exist.

They're lucky the suit itself is such an elegant, classic design.

The thigh inserts are so you can attach the rockets for the flight version.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I built a non-gundam plamo

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1383242208271224839

I don't know if I'd recommend the kit but it was a nice change of pace to do something cute instead of just more robots whomst fight. i do recommend that guitar though, Koto's MSG Live Axe. it rules, great in both guitar mode and battleaxe mode (the axe head swivels around the bottom to the other side) and it has some cool electricity effect parts. just add a lil paint and that's all it needs

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I got one of those flow pens and hadn't run into any problems after several kits and got careless.
Last night I discovered that it'll eat the plastic flame toys uses for their Transformers kits.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I always forget that different model kits have different plastics and stuff like that could happen. Hopefully it didn't do anything you can't fix?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It is the level beyond Gundams:

Just Dan Again
Dec 16, 2012

Adventure!

Midjack posted:

How can something so perfect possibly exist?

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Anyone else preorder the master grade MK-V? I've seen some sick previews

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Midjack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldda7vhmuxU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What does it look like? It's the armored nut group. Nutpla

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Looks like a review of the MkV just went up pretty recently, seems pretty good. (hope so since I bought one off pbandai)

http://schizophonic9.com/re7/mg_mk5.html

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I want it based solely on the fact that the Doven Wolf frame is beautiful no matter what machine is built on top of it. That thing is sexy.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
A piece of cheek armour on my MG Unicorn is much looser than it should be. What's the proper way to secure it? Is a dab of superglue OK, or does that not play nice with Gunpla?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

A piece of cheek armour on my MG Unicorn is much looser than it should be. What's the proper way to secure it? Is a dab of superglue OK, or does that not play nice with Gunpla?

Superglue is fine, though make sure you don't plan to move the part again.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

For loose parts I always use just regular white glue. It tightens things up enough to stick but doesn't chemical bond to anything so it's fairly reversible and it also doesn't flow very well which is a bonus around moving parts.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Is there a good way to get P-Bandai stuff in the UK if Hobbyfront is sold out? I fancy getting the Todesritter but it's £60 shipped on the listings I find on Google.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

RoyalScion posted:

Looks like a review of the MkV just went up pretty recently, seems pretty good. (hope so since I bought one off pbandai)

http://schizophonic9.com/re7/mg_mk5.html

Glad I drunkenly bought one last month!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Is the mkv in Hathaway's flash or something. Seems like a weird pull for a MG when we don't have a G self. Or more importantly a Reborns. Or a gabthely

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
Nah it's from Sentinel. Probably an offshoot of the Deep Striker reviving the Ex-S

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Such a weird pick. Maybe they're thinking of a sentinel ova or something. Or maybe they'll give it a cameo like they did with all those old suits in unicorn

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I think it might've just been something they had stewing in the background for a while and figured it was a good drop for P-Bandai

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Well, it seems like a good p-bandai kit since it's a kit from a niche series and not the protagonist suit, but then again Bandai's logic for p-bandai stuff is just all over the place.

Also Gundam Sentinel has some weird licensing issues or something.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

RoyalScion posted:

Well, it seems like a good p-bandai kit since it's a kit from a niche series and not the protagonist suit, but then again Bandai's logic for p-bandai stuff is just all over the place.

Also Gundam Sentinel has some weird licensing issues or something.

The mobile suits belong to bandai but basically everything else belongs to dengeki hobby ( i think?)

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

hey i built the HG Psycho Gundam and oh no its big

RG Mk2 there for scale and also fun. this kit is definitely old, the 3rd party decals i picked up help it out some, but it's just big and lacking detail. i'd really like to see it get an RG or something, someday, just to bring this Huge Boy into the modern era. it's bigger than my 1/100 kits and its only a 1/144 scale. i think it's almost the size of a PG.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.

muike posted:

Nah it's from Sentinel. Probably an offshoot of the Deep Striker reviving the Ex-S

It’s also designed as the predecessor to the ZZ Doven Wolf, and those are followed up by the Unicorn/NT Silver Bullet/Silver Bullet Suppressor, so it makes sense to throw it out there as a potential product line lead since they can do a bunch of variations that share mold costs if it’s popular enough/they feel like it.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

It looks so happy to be about to get head-bazooka'd!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sea Lily posted:

hey i built the HG Psycho Gundam and oh no its big

RG Mk2 there for scale and also fun. this kit is definitely old, the 3rd party decals i picked up help it out some, but it's just big and lacking detail. i'd really like to see it get an RG or something, someday, just to bring this Huge Boy into the modern era. it's bigger than my 1/100 kits and its only a 1/144 scale. i think it's almost the size of a PG.

Please make sling or carrier so the Psycho can carry a normal HG like a baby

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

muike posted:

The mobile suits belong to bandai but basically everything else belongs to dengeki hobby ( i think?)

I think it's a bit more complicated than that even. I think it was one of the first third party side stories to happen and Bandai dropped the ball on managing the copyright. Model Graphix owns the rights to everything Sentinel but Bandai still owns the name Gundam.
I'm not sure what that means for Model Graphix but for Bandai to release kits of the Sentinel suits they need permission from Model Graphix. I guess they did some sort of deal a while back since they've been releasing roughly one Sentinel kit per year since the HGUC Zeta Plus C1 in 2016.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
This might be better suited for the Gundam general thread but I'm decaling a GM and I've painted it up to be a GM Desert Type. I've got an EFF decal on the shoulder with a unit number, but I also want to decal the shield. I've got a giant EFSF decal but... there are no deserts in space. I mean, there's the Texas colony, but I don't recall forces being deployed there. I don't know much about how the Earth Federation labeled their units but I don't want to slap an EFSF marking on a military unit that would never have seen space combat or gone to space.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

You could just trim the EFSF decal to omit the S?

Alternately there are 3rd party decal sheets that have EFGF markings.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
The Origin Gundam Local Type (North America) has a big EFF shield sticker if you don't mind stealing it from that kit.

Also there are third party manufacturers you can order a sticker sheet from.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Bill Posters posted:

You could just trim the EFSF decal to omit the S?

Alternately there are 3rd party decal sheets that have EFGF markings.

Rabbi Tupac posted:

The Origin Gundam Local Type (North America) has a big EFF shield sticker if you don't mind stealing it from that kit.

Also there are third party manufacturers you can order a sticker sheet from.

That's the current plan. I don't mind trimming it but I know my brain is going to go nuts trying to make the trimmed parts perfectly straight with the rest. I got the decals I do have from Samuel Decal, I couldn't find a specific EFF or EFGF set though. I'm not too keen on other reliable third party decal sellers, do any come to mind?

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I have no experience with them but I believe this unfortunately named supplier is pretty good: https://www.simpmodels.com/

I've also found the D.L. Dalin branded decals found on ebay and other places to be decent quality.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
SIMP is a pretty cool dude. I've actually met him a few times. Don't know why I didn't think to check the website, stores generally stock the general marking decal sheets so I must not have thought of special markings.

e: And there's very clearly an EFGF sheet for ground forces. Excellent.

Zodack fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Apr 21, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Mark V getting an MG isn't that weird. Sentinel was the mechanical design debut of Hajime Katoki, and the suits from it have always been cult classics. Wasn't that long ago that they did MG kits of the Ex-S, Deep Striker, and FAZZ, so the main antagonist suit of the series seems like an obvious next pick.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/HobbySite/status/1384665847969423364?s=20

Goddamn that's sexy as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
They're making an HG Nightingale as well :stonklol:.

There's some cool new 30MM stuff as well, like a robot dog EXA vehicle and transforming multibooster wings.