Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut

oh those? no no those are next gen dreamcatchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

ha ha i guess they might look silly to you but they protect the top of my dresser from scratches when I set my beyblades down there for the night

nut

*taping my doilies to the classroom window in December making all the other kids feel bad about their snowflakes*

Twenty Four

"This one right here? It's a vintage '78 one of a kind made by Ethel McCallister, who I'm sure you know, is a pretty big name and sort of a big deal in the Doily Community. I've got the National Doily Association certificate for it right here, framed and signed."

Twenty Four

Putting down the cheap doilies on top of the good doilies to protect them

Twenty Four

My framed doily collection proudly hanging on my wall while my formerly beautiful oak furniture collection gets worn and torn to hell.

nut

oh you guys have... coasters. how not quaint.

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!
O'Doiley rules!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
That's my tactical lacing from when I did three tours in Afghanistan. Did I show you my matching Afghans?

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The spiders are getting fancy again. Best to just leave those alone or they get angry.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
grand master of doily judging here, but I just judge the craftspersonship, not the use or the maker

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

As an expert doily maker, trained under the watchful eyes of one Nonie Dunwister (you may know her from such works as "Toilet Paper Cover in Red Heart Super Saver, 1982" and "Aunt Nonie's Vaguely Racist Vacuum Cover, 1970") and a lifetime member of both the Crochet Club of America and Lion Brand's Circle of Love, I assure you, you do not know fair dinkum about doilies, Lillian.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
*gripping a hard man's forearm with both friends, creating an immediate rapport and signaling that while I do respect his strength, he is going to respect mine and that's non-negotiable*

doilies, man. fun to make, fun to have. take a dip into the deep end my friend. are you ready to leave your preconceptions behind and enter the d-zone?

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Prof. Crocodile

Twenty Four posted:

Putting down the cheap doilies on top of the good doilies to protect them

FutonForensic

How Wonderful! posted:

enter the d-zone

FutonForensic

I use these doilies to wipe motor oil off my boys after a hard day in the garage. they're my oily boy doilies.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
Setting out some doilies for my boilies so that the fish think they're getting the fanciest treat around

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Jaguars!

Ever since Florida enacted "stand your ground" laws, Grandma's been keeping a half-pike behind the sofa to defend her doily collection. The fact she lives in Baden-Baden doesn't seem to matter.

Prof. Crocodile

Jaguars! posted:

Ever since Florida enacted "stand your ground" laws, Grandma's been keeping a half-pike behind the sofa to defend her doily collection. The fact she lives in Baden-Baden doesn't seem to matter.

all old people live in Florida, spiritually.

Escape From Noise

Doily or not doily?

Ventral EggSac

Doilies hanging from the ceiling and comin up from the floor such that if I dive into the corner I get stuck and can sleep suspended in the softest doilies that make up the middle of the structure

nut

those? ya they’re just coffee filters from Europe

Ventral EggSac

I found these really big floppy snowflakes outside wanna see

Finger Prince

Oh those? They're just practice from when I was learning to crochet.
What's that? What else have I crocheted? Well you know, it's pretty time consuming, I haven't really had a chance. You know how it is. Yeah, but I practice when I get a chance. Hence, the, you know. These things. I don't even know what they're called! Haha how weird is that! I've made over a hundred of the things and I don't even know what they're called! This one here, it's got a reverse square stitch, thats a difficult one. Oh and this one, I was experimenting using linen. Did a whole series. Umm of, you know, just a series of crochet... practice... It's not like I have an Etsy shop at or anything for them, that would be silly! Who does that? Haha. Ha.

nut

whoah spiderman must've come around again, like he does, to tell me i'm his coolest friend

Ventral EggSac

My dog has a condition that makes her produce beautiful, soft, symmetrical shits

Twenty Four

Finger Prince posted:

Oh those? They're just practice from when I was learning to crochet.
What's that? What else have I crocheted? Well you know, it's pretty time consuming, I haven't really had a chance. You know how it is. Yeah, but I practice when I get a chance. Hence, the, you know. These things. I don't even know what they're called! Haha how weird is that! I've made over a hundred of the things and I don't even know what they're called! This one here, it's got a reverse square stitch, thats a difficult one. Oh and this one, I was experimenting using linen. Did a whole series. Umm of, you know, just a series of crochet... practice... It's not like I have an Etsy shop at or anything for them, that would be silly! Who does that? Haha. Ha.

lol :nice:

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The maginot line was actually built to defend france's massive loving doiley collection from the germans

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The notorious french appetite for doilies led to a few other historical odditites: napoleon's invasion of portugal in 1809 was actually chiefly intended to seize the famed portugese doily production center of lisbon. The british sent some dudes and a general-arthur wellesly, soon to become the famed Duke of Wellington-to defend this important strategic asset and he build the famous Lines of Torres Vedras which repulsed the french and saved the all the doilies in portugal from the rapacious french!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

just another little doily protection fact: The star-spangled banner was actually written about a famed incident of doily defense! Yep, Fort mchenry outside baltimore held almost the entire doily stockpile of the fledgeling united states, and the brits were determined to seize it so they tried to bombard the fort into submission. Francis scott key watched from shore and was inspired to write the song. The fort's original flag was badly damaged during the bombardment so they made other during the night-using doilies for the stars! Just another of the many incidents of heroic doily defense that made this nation great :911:

nut

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

just another little doily protection fact: The star-spangled banner was actually written about a famed incident of doily defense! Yep, Fort mchenry outside baltimore held almost the entire doily stockpile of the fledgeling united states, and the brits were determined to seize it so they tried to bombard the fort into submission. Francis scott key watched from shore and was inspired to write the song. The fort's original flag was badly damaged during the bombardment so they made other during the night-using doilies for the stars! Just another of the many incidents of heroic doily defense that made this nation great :911:

:911:

Escape From Noise

Defending my doiley collection with deadly force!

Trying

Ddeep Water Horizon was quite inaccurate

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Yeah I totally keep these as mementos from all my GILF conquests

Into The Mild

Drink-Mix Man posted:

Yeah I totally keep these as mementos from all my GILF conquests

im wondering, if old women pay in doiley's when they try to broker sex with younger men.....

but then i realsied old women usually have bundles of cash about

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

The gold bricks in fort Knox are hollow and filled with the real treasure: our nation's precious doiley stockpile

frump truck

hello... again!

doilies are a gateway drug to bunting

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Not even going to get into the Afghan war

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Not even going to get into the Afghan war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uria aalge

Chi-la-la-la-lax
Excuse me, my doilies need no defense. They defend themselves by virtue of their intense *glamour*.

Thank you for the winter sig, Heather Papps!

Thanks for the summer sig, ChubbyChecker!

"Nobody owns life, but everyone who can pick up a frying pan owns death" - Kurt Cobain