Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Inverted Icon posted:

You know, during the SA Troubles, several trans posters talked about how some moderators' seeming support of posters who were posting dubious things made them feel unsafe. At the time, I didn't understand their mindset. HugeGrossBurrito helped me understand them.

In between the storming of the capitol building and the inauguration of biden, I felt that there was a time when wide-scale violence really could break out. Not unrest, but straight up civilian on civilian violence. I had to have a talk with my boss. I told them that if things got worse, I was going to flee. That we lived in a liberal stronghold, and that I was afraid that things like my southern accent would mark me out as an enemy combatant. That I wasn't going to wait around to get shot in back because I was born in the wrong place. They were a bit confused, and maybe amused even, but in the end they said okay.

They were confused and amused, because they couldn't see all the other things happening around me in just my life. One of those things, was this forum. The 'cool zone' mindset was at it's most widespread, and there was at least one thread, here in gbs, were posters fantasized about, planned in minecraft, and egged each other on about committing murders. I, and several other brave souls, tried to pump the breaks on them. To get them to see that instrumental violence for the cause didn't have to be as grotesque as they were making it, and that they were celebrating the reports of literal war crimes. The caliber of responses that we received was that 'cops are not humans'. That was really posted. For our efforts, we were repeatedly probated by HugeGrossBurrito. In that same thread, HBG posted about ignoring blood-lust reports, at the height of when 'blood lust reports' were a thing. HGB was friends with them. They were the mod of that thread, and they intentionally cultivated an atmosphere of violence against cops, cop-lovers, and chuds. And, because I had spoken up, I was cop-lover, a chud, and a possible cop.

And suddenly, I understood the fear that 'when the time came' a moderator or administrator would give my personal information to people who would come to my house to kill me. I understood the fear because I shared it.

When you talk about 'winning a warzone' you're talking about murdering people. Murdering me, in fact.

So yeah, gently caress HugeGrossBurrito, and gently caress HugeGrossBurritos comrade's in arms.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Same, but unironically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I don't know very much about this guy, but I do know that he's great!

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

lol at that psychopath’s post

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

Im going to get hate crimed for my fog horn leg horn accent

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Every time I come home, I have to win a Kumite against a whole variety of deadly martial artists that the mods have leaked my info to. Getting real sick of destroying all these monkey style practitioners in hand to hand tbh, thanks a lot admins

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Inverted Icon posted:

You know, during the SA Troubles, several trans posters talked about how some moderators' seeming support of posters who were posting dubious things made them feel unsafe. At the time, I didn't understand their mindset. HugeGrossBurrito helped me understand them.

In between the storming of the capitol building and the inauguration of biden, I felt that there was a time when wide-scale violence really could break out. Not unrest, but straight up civilian on civilian violence. I had to have a talk with my boss. I told them that if things got worse, I was going to flee. That we lived in a liberal stronghold, and that I was afraid that things like my southern accent would mark me out as an enemy combatant. That I wasn't going to wait around to get shot in back because I was born in the wrong place. They were a bit confused, and maybe amused even, but in the end they said okay.

They were confused and amused, because they couldn't see all the other things happening around me in just my life. One of those things, was this forum. The 'cool zone' mindset was at it's most widespread, and there was at least one thread, here in gbs, were posters fantasized about, planned in minecraft, and egged each other on about committing murders. I, and several other brave souls, tried to pump the breaks on them. To get them to see that instrumental violence for the cause didn't have to be as grotesque as they were making it, and that they were celebrating the reports of literal war crimes. The caliber of responses that we received was that 'cops are not humans'. That was really posted. For our efforts, we were repeatedly probated by HugeGrossBurrito. In that same thread, HBG posted about ignoring blood-lust reports, at the height of when 'blood lust reports' were a thing. HGB was friends with them. They were the mod of that thread, and they intentionally cultivated an atmosphere of violence against cops, cop-lovers, and chuds. And, because I had spoken up, I was cop-lover, a chud, and a possible cop.

And suddenly, I understood the fear that 'when the time came' a moderator or administrator would give my personal information to people who would come to my house to kill me. I understood the fear because I shared it.

When you talk about 'winning a warzone' you're talking about murdering people. Murdering me, in fact.

So yeah, gently caress HugeGrossBurrito, and gently caress HugeGrossBurritos comrade's in arms.

lmao

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so confused.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

xtal posted:

I'm so confused.

I’ll try to clarify. Huge Gross Burrito turned out to be the leader of a very organized political organization known as ANTIFA. They have just started the War in The Warzone. Anyone with southern drawl will be first up against the wall

You have been warned

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

xtal posted:

I'm so confused.

Imagine how I feel!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

y'all have been warned

*gasps and covers mouth in horror*

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Bad Purchase posted:

y'all have been warned

*gasps and covers mouth in horror*

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Imagine being so broken brained that thinking a southern accent will mark you as an enemy combatant

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Dear Watson posted:

Anyone with southern drawl will be first up against the (cobblestone) wall

les hommes du sud à la lanterne!

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
I'm posting from the warzone right now and can confirm that anyone suspected of being a southener has been put into fema camps and that there is a moderate amount of civilian on civilian tugging going on at all times.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
A THICK SOUTHERN ACCENT DON'T MAKE U A CHUD

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Oh Don Piano posted:

A THICK SOUTHERN ACCENT DON'T MAKE U A CHUD

Alabama Man's last words in the Warzone.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Klyith posted:

les hommes du sud à la lanterne!

:ck5:

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

Guys.. i just won a game in Warzone

i need to kill a southern accented person now.. I need the adrenochrome

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
"Bless your heart" I say as I pull the trigger. HGB pats me on the back and whispers "that's the meta, kid."

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Inverted Icon posted:

lmao i bet you also complain about reverse racism

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
im demodded poster HugeGrossBurrito. i first started reading GBS when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "irony" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "here's a sixer" and "i love being a mod it fulfills my life goals" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of GBS humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" GBS to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Imagine being so broken brained that thinking a southern accent will mark you as an enemy combatant

Well...

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Into The Mild posted:

Guys.. i just won a game in Warzone

i need to kill a southern accented person now.. I need the adrenochrome

You monster.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

u gonna get tugged now nimrod

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Derpies posted:

"Bless your heart" I say as I pull the trigger. HGB pats me on the back and whispers "that's the meta, kid."

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

wow i dont see anything in the rules about running a death squad. is that the real reason hgb was demodded? maybe make the the rules a little clearer and this wouldnt happen. smh

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's been unilaterally decided that calling it a "warzone" is too outrageous and provokes needless drama

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

*quietly tucking something into a burlap sack*
Hey! ... Hey. Let's, let's not get hasty there, huh?
Asking for 'rules' about death squads and 'intricate murder plots', ok? I mean, it's no biggie right?! Lol it's fine!

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

Ripping the foliage apart with machine gun fire right after I heard boomhauer in the dense thicket, shells cascading off my greased abs

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Inverted Icon posted:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

pacerhimself posted:

You monster.

Pacer is good people

Sore him from the accent-apocalypse

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Reports of a squad of southerners at the airport today, dispatched them with tear gas and a couple tug grenades. Warzone is hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59x_25sLQkQ

Into The Mild
Mar 4, 2003

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Reports of a squad of southerners at the airport today, dispatched them with tear gas and a couple tug grenades. Warzone is hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59x_25sLQkQ

High five!!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Each night I lie awake in a cold sweat, alert to every sound. Waiting. Waiting for that knock at the door that says they've found me out.

Maybe it'll be the Yankees, come to take me to the y'allag, despite all the battles I've fought and demonstrations of loyalty I've made.

Maybe it'll be the Southerners, threatening to reveal my secret unless I turn traitor and give our battle plans to the Southern Underground.

Friends, I was born... in Louisiana.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
The Burrito is a good person and I liked their modding. I hope they have fun as a regular poster now tho, cause they deserve it :)

Also I want to genuinely and sincerely endorse Nooner as a moderator. He is a good and awesome poster who will do a great job.

Altho the fact that apparently HGB talked crap about Nooner in front of cheerleaders leaves me conflicted.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

HGB bought my kids an inflatable pool when their old one got a hole in it

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Sid Vicious posted:

It's where you put the water in. You threw away a perfectly good pool.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Armitag3 posted:

It's where you put the water in. You threw away a perfectly good pool.

d'oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sid Vicious posted:

How do you feel knowing that your pool was funded in part by HGB's nefarious scheme to kill all goons with southern accents?