Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

muscles like this! posted:

Rifftrax did a movie from the same director of Girl in Gold Boots and it also had Tom Pace in it so I guess that director just liked him.

I think a lot of low-budget directors from the 50s through to the 70s had little repertory companies of actors that appeared in several of their films. Roger Corman most certainly did, Ed Wood, even Coleman Francis. Granted, a lot of those people likely either helped get the film off the ground (by loaning money, being related to someone in the business who could pull strings, etc.), or were just willing to work for little or no pay for the experience or because they'd always wanted to be in a movie (even if it was a grade-Z flop movie).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

muscles like this! posted:

Rifftrax did a movie from the same director of Girl in Gold Boots and it also had Tom Pace in it so I guess that director just liked him.

I stumbled on this (Astro-Zombies?) when someone posted the Twitch Rifftrax link and the moment I saw him I went, "OH poo poo, THAT'S THE ICKY LITTLE ELF!!!"

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Of course now that I've said that, someone's going to come in here and talk about how Radar Secret Service or Lost Continent was their introduction to MST3K. :v:

Actually, yeah, Lost Continent was my introduction to MST3K back when GBS TV was around. Glad I stuck with it after that episode!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Dang I had no idea it was so expensive to watch movies in front of a camera!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Felicia Day doesn't come cheap

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Last of the Wild Horses is a good one to watch. You get the ONLY time Dr. Forrester and TV's Frank riff on movies

you do get another lemur song though sooooo

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Meme Poker Party posted:

they make the shadows with candles :(

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
And those robots aren't just cheap props glued and taped together out of random garbage and sport accessories, they're a culmination of decades of developments in fields of robotics and artificial intelligence

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
It’s not the worst film technically or storyline-wise. But there’s just something scummy and hosed up about Hobgoblins. Just a very weirdly misogynist and dumb film that makes me hate everyone in it. Great riffing though.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Tato posted:

It’s not the worst film technically or storyline-wise. But there’s just something scummy and hosed up about Hobgoblins. Just a very weirdly misogynist and dumb film that makes me hate everyone in it. Great riffing though.

They made a second one with the same actors and director decades later

ok maybe not decades but deffo longer than you'd think

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
by the same director: https://www.rifftrax.com/blood-theatre

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
was Hobgoblins the movie where the crew was actively discussing during production the possibility that the movie would end up on MST3K (and then it did)?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Empty Sandwich posted:

was Hobgoblins the movie where the crew was actively discussing during production the possibility that the movie would end up on MST3K (and then it did)?

Movie was made in the 80s so nah

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

I think Time Chasers might have been that movie. They were all pumped when it got picked up by MST3k (finally made a profit!) and had a viewing premiere party, which was apparently not as fun as they planned on since so much of the episode’s riffs focus on the personal appearance of the actors.

Led to a bunch of people wanting Castleton shirts

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

verbal enema posted:

Movie was made in the 80s so nah

I should've just looked it up:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_War

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

That movie SUCKS

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
It's not the future, and there isn't a war; but you know me, I don't like to complain.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

warwolf?
warewilf?

I don't know, you had him last.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

Yanaglanchi baby!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
how many of us have never touched the K series or season 1 because Josh Weinstein sucked rear end as Tom Servo

well K series was just Beeper Crow and Joel and just Joel and Crow in the theatre but still

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

verbal enema posted:

how many of us have never touched the K series or season 1 because Josh Weinstein sucked rear end as Tom Servo

well K series was just Beeper Crow and Joel and just Joel and Crow in the theatre but still

I think I've seen all of 1, but I can't do the K ones.

for me it's the fact that they're doing the riffs as improv, and it usually doesn't land as much

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

verbal enema posted:

I've tried to watch the K series but I can't. Even series 1 is loving rooooough.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Rick Sloane made a lot of stuff that ended up on USA Up All Night. It's that kind of sleazy trash. Makes me wonder what MST3K would look like had the show ended up on USA instead of the Sci-fi change, since they were owned by the same outfit.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Empty Sandwich posted:

they're doing the riffs as improv,

no it sucks cuz joel was never an improv guy he was best with props or visual gags

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

verbal enema posted:

season one is fine. i have a hard time watching ktma, but sst: death flight is actually very good, it could be a s1 ep

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tato posted:

I think Time Chasers might have been that movie. They were all pumped when it got picked up by MST3k (finally made a profit!) and had a viewing premiere party, which was apparently not as fun as they planned on since so much of the episode’s riffs focus on the personal appearance of the actors.

Led to a bunch of people wanting Castleton shirts

I'd feel worse if David Giancola did not go on to create Radical Jack, another stinker starring Billy Ray Cyrus as your lead.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, I have to give a shout-out for Agent for H.A.R.M. It's a TERRIBLE movie, but loving hilarious.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wait future war was made in 1997? what the gently caress

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

So many poor empty boxes hurt in the making of that film

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Knowing it was made in '97 makes Future War even FUNNIER, lmao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

Tato posted:

So many poor empty boxes hurt in the making of that film

Maybe it's a warehouse where they store pre-inflated balloons?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I am watching season 2 of Barry right now, and the Future War guy is prominently featured in one episode, and he is awesome.

He doesn’t talk and knocks over some boxes. Not sure if that was an homage to future war, or if he is just Hollywood’s go-to guy for silent box kicking.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I am watching season 2 of Barry right now, and the Future War guy is prominently featured in one episode, and he is awesome.

He doesn’t talk and knocks over some boxes. Not sure if that was an homage to future war, or if he is just Hollywood’s go-to guy for silent box kicking.

Guys also in John Wick

https://youtu.be/0PYcW_wzvuM

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!

He was also in one of the Matrix films IIRC, fighting Neo on top of a speeding semi truck or some such

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

Meme Poker Party posted:

I'm guessing that a decent chunk of the budget probably goes to securing the rights to the movies they're gonna watch.

I'm glad to hear that there's gonna be more MST3K coming. I really enjoyed the reboot on Netflix, I thought Reptilicus, Starcrash, Wizards of the Lost Kingdom, and Mac and Me were especially hilarious. Also with more episodes, I'm secretly hoping that my wish to see Joel and Mike both come back and be in the theater watching with everyone for at least a segment will come true (though I know it won't despite Joel's heavy involvement and his presence as other characters in the skits).

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, I have to give a shout-out for Agent for H.A.R.M. It's a TERRIBLE movie, but loving hilarious.

Yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OvgDsb3KHs&t=2845s

The whole "the evil thugs sound like posh WASPs" bit is amazing.

"Pops, there's a man giving the squish-squash to the old wind tube!"

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

It was surreal seeing Adam Chance: Agent from HARM show up in that TNG Season one episode as a thawed out 20th century banker.

"Your dad's alcoholic golf buddy IS the Agent from HARM".

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Just what I need. Another proprietary streaming service.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Bogus Adventure posted:

They interviewed the guy who played Adam for the dvd and he's pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 31 days!
;-* "Are you coming, or do I swim alone?"

:smugbert: "Yes, and yes."