Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoth!
Apr 28, 2014
AUG (is the sound I make when I think about how loving old I'm getting)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Thoth! posted:

It'll soon be the sound you make every morning when you get out of bed no matter what you're thinking.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Thoth! posted:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/insaneppltweets/status/1383916261210423298?s=21

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Guess Pick moved to Twitter

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Well, it looks like she hasn't posted in a month, so she went somewhere

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
she's probably on an alt or just lurking

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I mean look at his lil' face, he's pretty interesting. :3:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

I know two kinds of people who stop for roadkill: animal rights activist who just want it off the road so it won’t attract scavengers leading to more roadkill and entomologists who want a ripe cadaver to attract interesting beetles.

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

axolotl farmer posted:

I know two kinds of people who stop for roadkill: animal rights activist who just want it off the road so it won’t attract scavengers leading to more roadkill and entomologists who want a ripe cadaver to attract interesting beetles.

The only people I know who stop for roadkill are people who want to eat it. Granted, it's usually deer and only if freshly killed. Ate some once

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

Goddamn it. I have a freezer full of dead snakes and tortoises

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
Pick is that you?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I've seen a lot of "vulture culture" people with tons of roadkill freezers, and vulture culture could be its own AUG thread tbh.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought "culture vulture" was a tongue in cheek way of making fun of poseurs.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Solice Kirsk posted:

I thought "culture vulture" was a tongue in cheek way of making fun of poseurs.

Yes, but vulture culture is a play on that and is people who like cool dead things.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

quote is not edit

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mummies are cool dead things. Does that make them a vulture culture?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you are collecting mummies you are either in the 19th century or you're the british museum, or you're at war with the british museum. Possibly all three at the same time.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
I don’t see what’s wrong with a culture of picking up and eating roadkill to be honest. The animal was dead anyway and if it’s fresh why not use it?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Other drivers do not take kindly to you pulling a skid stop every time you see a mashed pile of feathers on the side of the road.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Jakabite posted:

I don’t see what’s wrong with a culture of picking up and eating roadkill to be honest. The animal was dead anyway and if it’s fresh why not use it?

There are safety issues iirc, namely that unless you saw the animal die yourself it's hard to know how fresh it is (and spoilage can happen very quickly on a hot summer highway), and you have to make sure the intestines didn't rupture and contaminate the meat. Legality varies regionally, I understand. And game meat in general should always be cooked thoroughly because of the risk of parasites.

But yeah, despite how distasteful some people find it, if you know what you're doing, it's fine.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Big Centipede posted:

Goddamn it. I have a freezer full of dead snakes and tortoises
It's hard for them to climb back out after falling in, try putting a ramp on the inside and leaving the door cracked a bit.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Sepulcher culture (graveyard goth)

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
After reading this thread sometimes I’m into cloister culture

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

RoboRodent posted:

There are safety issues iirc, namely that unless you saw the animal die yourself it's hard to know how fresh it is (and spoilage can happen very quickly on a hot summer highway), and you have to make sure the intestines didn't rupture and contaminate the meat. Legality varies regionally, I understand. And game meat in general should always be cooked thoroughly because of the risk of parasites.

But yeah, despite how distasteful some people find it, if you know what you're doing, it's fine.

Also, at least from what I've generally seen, if you really want deer meat and live in a hunting area you can write I'd Like Some Venison on a leaf and let it go to the wind and have a chance of getting some. Trophy hunters are usually desperate to get rid of their excess.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

namlosh posted:

After reading this thread sometimes I’m into cloister culture

Abandon humanity, return to monk

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Heath posted:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Heath posted:

reject monk return to crabbe

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Also, at least from what I've generally seen, if you really want deer meat and live in a hunting area you can write I'd Like Some Venison on a leaf and let it go to the wind and have a chance of getting some. Trophy hunters are usually desperate to get rid of their excess.

I'm sure this is true in some areas, because I live in a hunting area but everyone eats it.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

RoboRodent posted:

I'm sure this is true in some areas, because I live in a hunting area but everyone eats it.

It's one of the only times I'm sad to live in a big city. I have a friend who hunts and occasionally buy some meat off him and it's always amazing stuff. I got about 30lb of wild boar from him a couple of years back and it made excellent sausages.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Otana posted:

30lb of wild boar
:yum:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
testosterone poisoning

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

More than one of my coworkers had never tried wild boar before so I brought them a couple of loin chops. They talked about it for weeks.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There’s a place near me called Himalayan Yak that has some great wild boar. It does look like they just cut chunks out of someone’s belly, skin and all, but it’s good.

Also yak is fine

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Wasn't sure if this belonged here or in the NFSW (but not) thread.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

OwlFancier posted:

Other drivers do not take kindly to you pulling a skid stop every time you see a mashed pile of feathers on the side of the road.

Guess you've never driven in Florida

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

Snowy posted:

There’s a place near me called Himalayan Yak that has some great wild boar. It does look like they just cut chunks out of someone’s belly, skin and all, but it’s good.

Also yak is fine

Yak is shockingly delicious and I hate the fact that the Aussie government is trying to pick a fight with China, cause I really want to go back to Tibet just for more Yak.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Locally, any largish roadkill is supposed to go to a wolf sanctuary.
The murder puppies get fresh deer regularly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day