Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Len posted:

It took 4 hours and 30,000 gallons of water

Love the replies that have decided they deserved to die in the self driving car for letting it self drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Love the replies that have decided they deserved to die in the self driving car for letting it self drive.

It's not self driving you still have to help it

:goonsay:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
See? We can all still be friends.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1383550753956982787

the ultimate IOSM

also the Tesla fanboys think these deaths are good actually

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Saagonsa posted:

Someone made a joke about the actor being on the Epstine flight logs, which one poster didn't get and had a very aggro response to. Then some guy dropped in with some hot take about trans women, and then it exploded into this.
Oh, I got the joke I just didn't care for its tone or timing. And if you think I was aggro about that...

jaegerx posted:

I like McDonald’s Buffalo sauce. It’s pretty legit.
You are literally Hitler

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Bottom Liner posted:

the ultimate IOSM

Scoble is a sexual predator

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

It was better when they were there and not here though.

Content:

News reported that the fedex shooter was a brony who posted about wanting to be in heaven with his favourite pony before he did his thing. Bronies took it well.

Hadn't this show already ended several years ago?

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bottom Liner posted:

the ultimate IOSM

They are martyrs. Inshallah.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

ReidRansom posted:

Hadn't this show already ended several years ago?

I thought so too, but according to IMDB it was still running new episodes until May of last year and it's got a Teen Titans Go!-style super-deformed spin-off.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

Len posted:

It took 4 hours and 30,000 gallons of water

Len posted:

https://www.theverge.com/2021/4/18/22390612/two-people-killed-fiery-tesla-crash-no-driver

In the past, Tesla CEO Elon Musk has rejected calls from Tesla engineers to add better safety monitoring when a vehicle is in Autopilot, such as eye-tracking cameras or additional sensors on the steering wheel, saying the tech is “ineffective.”

LMAO, GM's SuperCruise self-driving technology (available on some Cadillac models and the new Chevy Bolt EUV) is generally considered to be much less annoying to use because it uses eye tracking instead of requiring the driver to tap the steering wheel every 10s. The driver just needs to keep looking forward and the car can drive itself without interaction. It's the complete opposite of "ineffective" (it would just cost more, just like all the extra sensors their competitors use).

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

What a ride

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Love 2 wake up to the goon being aggressive at me get suddenly banned for being absolutely themselves

Ok content

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1383885417854898179?s=19

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Love 2 wake up to the goon being aggressive at me get suddenly banned for being absolutely themselves

Ok content

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1383885417854898179?s=19

:guillotine:

Butterwagon
Mar 21, 2010

Lookit that stupid ass-hole!

Saagonsa posted:

Someone made a joke about the actor being on the Epstine flight logs, which one poster didn't get and had a very aggro response to. Then some guy dropped in with some hot take about trans women, and then it exploded into this.

A good prelude to meltdown may.

Thank you. As someone who doesn't have a full list of the entire cast of the Harry Potter film series and the entire Epstein black book in their head, I wasn't even sure where to start

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Diggus Bickus posted:

Thank you. As someone who doesn't have a full list of the entire cast of the Harry Potter film series and the entire Epstein black book in their head, I wasn't even sure where to start

More or less this

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

That other poster is still out there, thinking about penises

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Mx. posted:

That other poster is still out there, thinking about penises

this is evergreen post-age

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I thought it was a schindler's list joke, checked back a few hours later and goddamn. I love these dead, gay forums.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's fairly obvious from everything s_e dredged up that MC sees themself as the baby in that fantasy, but yeah keep calling them a pedo.

lmfao

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
wow.

pieuvre armement
Feb 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It's fairly obvious from everything s_e dredged up that MC sees themself as the baby in that fantasy, but yeah keep calling them a pedo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sHHEBURn4M

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

I also wanted his funeral.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Nazzadan posted:

More or less this

We didn't start the fire

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I get that much, but the petition they're sharing is against the bill outlawing conversion therapy. Which I thought might be a lol that they didn't bother synchronizing their poo poo takes, but realize now that they're probably both just angling for it to be replaced with a more transphobic bill and are in agreement.

Sorry, it turns out it wasn't actually funny.

It's the same take, I think. Their logic is, the bill banning conversion therapy will also ban any therapy aimed at discouraging gender transition in a patient, since that could be seen (rightfully so, generally speaking) as a form of conversion therapy, attempting to convert the patient from trans to cisgender. Their flawed, terfy logic further implies that allowing gender transition is the true conversion therapy, because it sometimes involves gay cis people converting to straight trans people.

This is, of course, insane. But while trans people are their current target and scapegoat, and their transphobia is deep and tenacious, I think this particular cause comes down more to homophobia.

UK tries to ban conversion therapy. Homophobes oppose such a ban, but can't voice their opposition on homophobic grounds, as gay people are accepted enough that such an argument would hurt their cause, which is why the law has a chance of passing in the first place. Transphobia is much more commonplace though, so they construct a complicated reason why the law would actually help trans people rather than gay people, and attempt to obfuscate the harm opposition to the law will do to gay people.

Pretending to be allies of gay people, and only opponents of transpeople, for the sake of hurting all lgbt people is a go to move among bigots these days.

And now that I've typed all that out, can someone clarify some language for me? I kept writing "trans people," which I learned was acceptable language when I was younger and more involved with lgbt people. It seems like the language evolves very quickly these days and it no longer looks right, should I have typed out "transgender people" each time? Or is there a better abbreviation, or is "trans people" fine? I'll edit my post if my terminology is bad.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula has a new favorite as of 04:14 on Apr 19, 2021

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Trans people is fine, you're good.

I'm always kinda mad that I called the 'conservatives take aim at trans people once they couldn't swing at gay people anymore' years ago (particularly when legalizing gay marriage was finally on the table in Australia), but I don't even get an 'I told you so' from that since nobody was really refuting it, I just get the fact that I saw it coming.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
Trans people or transgender people are both fine, just use them like you would any other adjective. What you want to avoid is merging them into a single noun (transpeople).

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I don't see what's wrong with this idea at all

Oh... right
https://twitter.com/KPRC2Deven/status/1383791730575638542?s=20

People in the replies imitating Elon.

https://twitter.com/PBColo/status/1383962715614453761?s=20

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wizzardstaff posted:

Trans people or transgender people are both fine, just use them like you would any other adjective. What you want to avoid is merging them into a single noun (transpeople).

I'll bite, is that like the democrat vs. democratic party thing where one is supposed to be a stealth burn?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Acerbatus posted:

I'll bite, is that like the democrat vs. democratic party thing where one is supposed to be a stealth burn?

Nah, the stealth burn is not adding the space after “trans”.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

That generally means someone is at the wheel in case of tree.

That was not the case in this situation.

So yeah. Sucks that they died having more money than sense but at least their passing saved their loved ones on cremation costs.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TinTower posted:

Nah, the stealth burn is not adding the space after “trans”.

So it is? I'm not sure I get how one of those is wrong, but I guess I'll keep in mind to add a space.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Acerbatus posted:

More or less, yeah, in that some people use it as a stealth (or not so stealth) burn and some people don't notice or care.

But one is still correct and one isn't, unless you drop spaces between all your adjectives and nouns.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FilthyImp posted:

That generally means someone is at the wheel in case of tree.

That was not the case in this situation.

So yeah. Sucks that they died having more money than sense but at least their passing saved their loved ones on cremation costs.

It's fairly obvious from everything twitter dredged up those two guys saw themselves as the tree in that situation, but yeah keep calling them idiots for believing Elon Musk.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
This thread seems to have good sense of socially sensitive materials so I turn to your wisdom: "Himbo" has been making the rounds but is there a gender neutral version of the concept? Asking for a friend.

What is your avatar from if you don't mind me asking, I feel like I might've seen that video before but I can't place it.

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution

Agents are GO! posted:

yeah keep calling them idiots for believing Elon Musk.

Sounds like a plan!

e: to be clear I am not saying that they deserved to die for believing Elon Musk. I am 100% saying that they or any other person or entity that believes anything Elon Musk says is completely an idiot.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Vib Rib posted:

This thread seems to have good sense of socially sensitive materials so I turn to your wisdom: "Himbo" has been making the rounds but is there a gender neutral version of the concept? Asking for a friend.

I mean, logically speaking it has to be 'thembo', right?

'Bimbo' used to be gender neutral, but was eventially only ever used to refer to women.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Vib Rib posted:

What is your avatar from if you don't mind me asking, I feel like I might've seen that video before but I can't place it.

Himbx? Ximbo?