Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
do you heat up leftover fast food? most of it just gets mushy and weird. i try to not have leftovers but some places (arbys) aren't too bad later. you can just slam a roast beef right out of the fridge. shameful? yes. have i done it? yeah.

fast food burgers are a no-go leftover for me though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

if i know it's going in the fridge sometimes i'll get no veggies, or at least no tomato. i'll reheat basic taco bell poo poo and sausage biscuits, but mcchickens get got cold

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol if you have leftover fast food, what are you doing not eating it all

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I eat it off the table that it's been sitting on all night.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I usually don't order enough for there to be leftovers at all.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
white castle burgers and chicken rings are pretty ok cold out the fridge

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Universe Master posted:

god tier

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
tfw you go to bed hammered and wake up so excited that u have some leftover tbell or pizza on the table in the living room, maybe 1/3rd of a glass of water next to it. free breakfast bitch

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Smythe posted:

tfw you go to bed hammered and wake up so excited that u have some leftover tbell or pizza on the table in the living room, maybe 1/3rd of a glass of water next to it. free breakfast bitch

basically like a holiday inn

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i nuke it, i cant stand hot food eaten cold. i don't even eat pizza cold :twisted:

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Air fryer is the pro move here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

reheated sausage biscuit from an air fryer is better than from the window

----------------

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
I'll reheat it if I got too much, but if it has lettuce or vegs I'll give that to my dogs

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Aardvark! posted:

i nuke it, i cant stand hot food eaten cold. i don't even eat pizza cold :twisted:

i like cold pizza but i also sometimes want that weird microwaved slice where the crust is really chewy and the cheese is stretchy but not melty

the grossest part of eating microwaved leftover pizza is if you accidentally touch the plate underneath the pizza slice and get some of the wet on your fingers

a slice of cheese pizza microwaved with chinese leftovers on top is a secret combo that is not listed in the official player's guide

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Aardvark! posted:

im going to gun you down in the street

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WITCHCRAFT posted:

i like cold pizza but i also sometimes want that weird microwaved slice where the crust is really chewy and the cheese is stretchy but not melty

the grossest part of eating microwaved leftover pizza is if you accidentally touch the plate underneath the pizza slice and get some of the wet on your fingers

a slice of cheese pizza microwaved with chinese leftovers on top is a secret combo that is not listed in the official player's guide

agreed w/ all of the above

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Aardvark! posted:

what the gently caress

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

it's truly debased but everyone needs to experience at least once the devastating experience of just staggering out of bed and eating half rotten garbage off the table where you left it last night.

----------------

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

uber_stoat posted:

it's truly debased but everyone needs to experience at least once the devastating experience of just staggering out of bed and eating half rotten garbage off the table where you left it last night.

debased and vile breakfast, you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmozGmGoJuw

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

When I was a teenager I left 6 inches of a footlong subway club in the backseat of my car while I was at the beach with friends and then ate it hours later.
I was starving. It remains the best sandwich I think I've ever eaten. All warmed through from the sun, mayo and mustard and all.

I never got even an upset stomach from it. I'm lucky I didn't die.

Anyway, in general yea, I don't bother to reheat most left overs, let alone fast food. Everything just gets all weird textured and funky. Hell, half of it I seem to like better cold the next day anyhow. Even burgers. Whoppers make it overnight and are particularly good chilled in this manner. Mcdonalds doesn't cut it. Also fries tend to suck, I usually toss those. Those don't chill or reheat. Chinese and pizza go without saying are just plain better cold.

----------------

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
cold chinese??????????????????????????????????? you're a loving psycho

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Aardvark! posted:

cold chinese??????????????????????????????????? you're a loving psycho

I also like cold chinese, but it depends on the dish and how your place makes it

My favorite is probably singapore chow mei fun, extra spicy. cold noodles and cold shrimp are both good, and it doesn't have a thick or greasy sauce; those get gross when cold the same way gravy does.

cold eggroll with hot mustard midnight snack :discourse:

cold steamed dumplings are kinda grody tho

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Big Beef City posted:

When I was a teenager I left 6 inches of a footlong subway club in the backseat of my car while I was at the beach with friends and then ate it hours later.
I was starving. It remains the best sandwich I think I've ever eaten. All warmed through from the sun, mayo and mustard and all.

I never got even an upset stomach from it. I'm lucky I didn't die.

Anyway, in general yea, I don't bother to reheat most left overs, let alone fast food. Everything just gets all weird textured and funky. Hell, half of it I seem to like better cold the next day anyhow. Even burgers. Whoppers make it overnight and are particularly good chilled in this manner. Mcdonalds doesn't cut it. Also fries tend to suck, I usually toss those. Those don't chill or reheat. Chinese and pizza go without saying are just plain better cold.

Speaking of, I got stuck with a group of friends on a float trip that was supposed to take about 2.5-3 hours; we were out there for 12 (they shut the reservoir gates behind us.) The river got lower and lower and everyone was horribly sunburned, dehydrated and exhausted when we got back. Stomping through mud for hours. We had Chester's chicken waiting in the car for lunch, and damned if I didn't enjoy that better than any fried chicken I've ever had, even if it is like C- tier gas station food.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
the one time i went to quakecon i just bought a whole sack of whataburgers at the start to last me through the weekend which remains one of the best decisions in my life. why leave THE WORLDS BIGGEST LAN PARTY when there is a sack of cpu fan warmed burgs just waiting for you to reach in when the gamer shakes start

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Nikumatic posted:

the one time i went to quakecon i just bought a whole sack of whataburgers at the start to last me through the weekend which remains one of the best decisions in my life. why leave THE WORLDS BIGGEST LAN PARTY when there is a sack of cpu fan warmed burgs just waiting for you to reach in when the gamer shakes start

genius

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
usually don't reheat fast food but i make an exception for taco bell soft tacos

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

usually don't reheat fast food but i make an exception for taco bell soft tacos

:hmmyes:

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Universe Master posted:

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
cold fast food/refrigerated fast food is gross as gently caress. but to properly reheat fast food to an edible state arguably requires more work than just cooking a brand new loving meal yourself. so who knows

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Sometimes I get tacos for later and soft tacos heat up well or you can just eat them cold it doesn't matter. Cheeseburgers from McDonalds/BK or Carls are good but I prefer to heat them up (although sometimes when I go into the woods I get some to have for dinner).

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Universe Master posted:

i feel seen

----------------

MykonosFan
Sep 9, 2012

Hows my homies training
going? Whaa? Hey! What
are you doing Ronald?

Not to be that guy, but air fryers handle fast food decently. Much better for fries than the microwave is at least.

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

For fast food burritos, wrap it in a damp paper toweI and microwave for 1m45s at 500watts power, then toast each side in a pan with spray oil for like 60 seconds.

I f you have sour cream or lettuce it will be nasty, so plan ahead. This works very well for Taco Bell beef burrito (seasoned beef, seasoned rice, nacho cheese sauce, creamy jalapeņo sauce). I typically have one of these leftover after getting one of the LTO boxes

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

I closed @ mcds for a while in college and I would sometimes make myself a couple plain double cheeseburgs to take home with me. They're pretty tasty cold out of the fridge, but I liked to reheat those guys up in the microwave the next morning so the cheese is molten lava and then dunk em into sour cream and salsa as I take bites.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nikumatic posted:

:perfect:

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

Here's how I reheat the taco bell beef burrito. This menu item contains seasoned beef, nacho cheese sauce, seasoned rice, and creamy jalapeno sauce. It costs $1. You can freeze them wrapped in plastic wrap. Way better than any frozen burrito

1. preheat a non-stick skillet over medium-ish heat
2. remove paper wrapper. wrap burrito in a damp paper towel and microwave for 66 seconds at 50% power. If frozen, you have to go up to 2-3 minutes. The point is to heat up the insides before you toast the tortilla
3. spray some oil on the pan. toast each side of the burrito for 30-60 seconds until brown. I start on the side with the flap, then the other flat side, and then the two skinny sides

Serve and enjoy

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

In this forum it should be probatable to give microwave instructions without specifying the wattage you're using

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

agreed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Jenny Agutter posted:

In this forum it should be probatable to give microwave instructions without specifying the wattage you're using

how do you even adjust this. do you need to go to science college to learn? thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

how do you even adjust this. do you need to go to science college to learn? thank you

Just meant specify if you're 'wave is like 1000W or 800W or whatever so readers can adjust accordingly