Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I hope why-man is literally anything but that stupid robot from the prequel spinoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Doesn't the time of the prequel make that impossible?

Now there's nothing stopping the robot from becoming an important ally once the Science Kingdom goes to space.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now there's nothing stopping the robot from becoming an important ally once the Science Kingdom goes to space.

Except my infinite spite for the titty bot.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I hope they get to space and tiddytron becomes a core part of the science team.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Just a massive exposition dump explaining everything interspliced in between these pinup shots of this sexy robot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Just a massive exposition dump explaining everything interspliced in between these pinup shots of this sexy robot.

oh, so you are summarizing boichi's entire body of work.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I mean, I don't think there's any explicit confirmation that

The original attack on Earth in 20XX
The Medusa raining down in Matsukaze's time
And the broadcasts of Why-man

are all from the same source. The original attack and the later raining Medusae are probably linked, but the Why-man broadcast could be something else entirely.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
The Why-man is actually someone tormented by the question of WHY someone would petrify humanity. Thus we now face Why not?-man.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Lamebot posted:

The Why-man is actually someone tormented by the question of WHY someone would petrify humanity. Thus we now face Why not?-man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmH7tAJ0SfA&t=356s

:hmmyes:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's actually the restless spirit of Enron's marketing department.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Doesn't the time of the prequel make that impossible?

Of course she will, she has to fight her dark doppleganger who lives on the moon and did the original attack, which is absolutely 100% for sure going to exist by the way and we will get at least 3 cover pages, 2 volume covers and several page spreads of them being in mirrored poses

One of them will be that thing where they sit across each other and join hands into the shape of a heart and look at the camera

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

rannum posted:

Of course she will, she has to fight her dark doppleganger who lives on the moon and did the original attack, which is absolutely 100% for sure going to exist by the way and we will get at least 3 cover pages, 2 volume covers and several page spreads of them being in mirrored poses

One of them will be that thing where they sit across each other and join hands into the shape of a heart and look at the camera

Let's not go full Fate/Extra here.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's not full Fate Extra unless there's giantess/vore shoved in somewhere

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Eej posted:

It's not full Fate Extra unless there's giantess/vore shoved in somewhere

Oh look Senku accidentally tripped while testing his new growth ray and what do you know there’s Kohaku

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

rannum posted:

Both asleep in the fetal position, head to foot, forming a ying yang symbol. Cover text, in bold: "...so different, yet so similar. The thing that links them is..."

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=193: Our Stone World
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-193/chapter/22360?action=read
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009096

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

rannum posted:

I think the one part of the science club we haven't checked in with since the raid started is Luna and geology girl. Maybe if they had a bottle of fluid themselves and took a gamble; Luna's a capable gal, she'll time it right surely!

well

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

So, it looks like we're getting a two year timeskip?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
god this arc has been just out of the park, really exciting stuff. just endlessly tense up to the close, im excited for more.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
For a more reliable de-petrifying machine why didn't senku think of the easier and more reliable: Make a shower with a dissolvable plug? Like just make a sugar plug or something that'll take a few minutes to dissolve away. Or some thin paper that'll get soaked and fall out letting the revival fluid shower down.

I know the plot and story answer since they wanted a timeskip to reset things for dramatic purposes. But it feels too variable for something Senku would be ok with risking their success on. Far easier to test that and make it than the big tower with the Rube-Goldberg machine. Even the "well they only had so much time to prepare" point fails for me since, again, they had time to come up with a complicated mechanism and build a big tower. Like even if they get the big enough sound to trigger the device, what if the wind is too strong and blows the bottle away as it falls.

Minor gripe, but meh, I feel like this one falls short of Senku's usual good ideas.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Crain posted:

For a more reliable de-petrifying machine why didn't senku think of the easier and more reliable: Make a shower with a dissolvable plug? Like just make a sugar plug or something that'll take a few minutes to dissolve away. Or some thin paper that'll get soaked and fall out letting the revival fluid shower down.

I know the plot and story answer since they wanted a timeskip to reset things for dramatic purposes. But it feels too variable for something Senku would be ok with risking their success on. Far easier to test that and make it than the big tower with the Rube-Goldberg machine. Even the "well they only had so much time to prepare" point fails for me since, again, they had time to come up with a complicated mechanism and build a big tower. Like even if they get the big enough sound to trigger the device, what if the wind is too strong and blows the bottle away as it falls.

Minor gripe, but meh, I feel like this one falls short of Senku's usual good ideas.

the tower was meant to activate the medusa, using it to break the revival fluid was a seat-of-their-pants solution to their immediate problem and not the intent of it

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
So this is just going to be an excuse to de-petrify Suika before everyone else and have her be the same age as Kohaku right? I'm sure people have already put forth that theory in this very thread.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

So this is just going to be an excuse to de-petrify Suika before everyone else and have her be the same age as Kohaku right? I'm sure people have already put forth that theory in this very thread.

Yeah, horndog Boichi wants fresh flesh.

Crain posted:

A timed release mechanism needs to be reset and you need someone ready to be in position at any time.

If anything, a wristband with a wax motor that opens up once people turn into stone (because they won't keep it warm anymore) would be portable and wouldn't shower you in Nital unless necessary.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The two girls who had the bottles of fluid could've reasonably planned for it. Just have one person lay down, then have the second person slightly loosen the cork on the bottle and hold it by the cork over the person on the ground. The cork would eventually come loose and drop the bottle onto the second person.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fabricated posted:

The two girls who had the bottles of fluid could've reasonably planned for it. Just have one person lay down, then have the second person slightly loosen the cork on the bottle and hold it by the cork over the person on the ground. The cork would eventually come loose and drop the bottle onto the second person.

They had 56 seconds to come up with a plan, and neither of them are the stable, rational type that would be able to think under such tremendous pressure.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

"Time to start counting!" :ohdear:

DizzyBum posted:

Dr. Stone: To save humanity, everyone must get stoned.

Oh poo poo, thanks for using my silly suggestion!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even if this hasty plan works and suika comes out first, she'll have problems with producing more revival fluid. the original plan was to have her hang out out of range with a supply, not make it from scratch. she knows enough to be able to figure it out eventually, but it will still take some time.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Boo I'm gonna miss kid Suika. Wonder how much this manga has left in the tank, guess we're not gonna see a whole world tour before the end. Guess they could make any excuse really, depending on what Senku wants to build. Looking forward to the Congo expedition to mine cobalt.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

TriffTshngo posted:

I'm hoping for a double fake out: Old woman Suika who became a beast master with the boar and dog in the same vein as Kaseki being a craftsman.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Crain posted:

I'm hoping for a double fake out: Old woman Suika who became a beast master with the boar and dog in the same vein as Kaseki being a craftsman.

The boar and dog are on the other side of the World, they were with Soyuz's tribe

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Plutonis posted:

The boar and dog are on the other side of the World, they were with Soyuz's tribe

the boar & dog are in ishigami, i think. You can see the uhhh what is it. Prison thing? in the background and everyone dresses differently on Soyuz's island. Both tribes were going into defensive positions.

Either way you're right they are both on the other side of the world

rannum fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 19, 2021

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
A friend told me this is what happened in the newest chapter and now I hate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3PWHxoT_E&t=65s

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seems like it was only 2 years, so not that bad.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Mraagvpeine posted:

A friend told me this is what happened in the newest chapter and now I hate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK3PWHxoT_E&t=65s

Man just seeing that title makes me tear up a bit.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=194. Homo Sapiens, All Alone.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1009097
https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/dr-stone-chapter-194/chapter/22415?action=read

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 25, 2021

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
fuckkkk that hurt to read

the only intact bottles are with Luna and Chelsea, right?

Eeepies fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Apr 25, 2021

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Suika! The Capable Gal!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm hoping boichii doesn't give us hornt up suika.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Cloks posted:

you know he will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.

Cloks posted:

get ready to quote this in a week with a "goddammit" attached