Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Carly Gay Dead Son posted:

Has anyone watched this movie, Iron Mask on Hulu? It has Jackie Chan and Arnold Schwarzenegger in it. It’s the sequel to the big budget Viy adaptation from a few years ago, which I haven’t seen. But I watched this one last night. It’s very bad and I highly recommend it.

Wha.... huh? Buh???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Lurdiak posted:

Wha.... huh? Buh???

Watch the movie if you wanna spend two hours saying that.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Just caught this Korean period piece creature feature called Monstrum that was a lot of fun. Highly recommended, currently on Shudder. It reminded me a lot of Brotherhood of the Wolf.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ansv6hqZ3A8

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
It’s really funny how most of It Chapter Two’s problems come from it being a sequel to the first half of the story. At least we got a scene of Stephen King telling his self-insert character that his endings suck.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
He got the last laugh there cause the movie ending sucked so badly compared to the book.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CPL593H posted:

It's interesting that the Superman radio show which created The Clan of the Fiery Cross was only a couple years removed from the issues of the comic book that used a slur for Japanese people on the cover so people would buy war bonds. Especially since the family that's targeted by the Klan in the radio show is Asian.

If anyone is interested there is a three issue miniseries that adapted the Clan of the Fiery Cross called Superman Smashes the Klan.

Non-communist Asians were obviously still discriminated against in America (The Chinese Exclusion act wasn't lifted until 1943) but they were more accepted than a lot of other races and the 1950s saw large overhauls of immigration law that allowed significantly more Chinese and Taiwanese nationals to immigrate.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

married but discreet posted:

He got the last laugh there cause the movie ending sucked so badly compared to the book.

If it wasn't for the :siren: underage sewer sex :siren:, It would actually be one of the King books with the better endings. Like a whole town blows up, excising the cancer that pennywise was on the town killed the place because the two were so intertwined. The main characters start to forget their past again, because you can't go home again. It's several pages of well thought out conclusions to the themes of the story, instead of "the evil dog died and the problem was solved oh poo poo here comes my wife cutting up all our credit cards gtg".

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/Srirachachau/status/1383815755095941133?s=20

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

married but discreet posted:

It chickened out on all the weird cosmic horror and was just a dumb blockbuster action climax.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

still love that pennywise was defeated through the power of bullying

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Fury Road prequel has been greenlit

https://www.smh.com.au/culture/movies/mad-max-is-back-with-a-new-movie-to-be-shot-in-nsw-20210419-p57kbr.html

quote:

Weeks after finishing the shoot for a new movie, director George Miller is preparing to make the long-awaited next Mad Max instalment.

Furiosa, a prequel to Mad Max: Fury Road, will shoot in New South Wales soon after landing filming incentives from the state and federal governments.

At a media conference at Sydney’s Fox Studios, Premier Gladys Berejiklian described it as “the largest film ever to be filmed” in NSW - bringing at least $350 million into the state’s economy and involving 850 jobs.

Anya Taylor-Joy, the breakout star of the hit series The Queen’s Gambit, will play a younger version of Furiosa, played by Charlize Theron in Fury Road, with Chris Hemsworth and Yahya Abdul-Mateenin II (Watchmen, Aquaman) in as-yet-unspecified roles in movie for Hollywood studio Warner Bros.

Miller has just finished shooting the fantasy drama Three Thousand Years Of Longing with Idris Elba and Tilda Swinton in Sydney.

Hemsworth, who is filming Thor: Love and Thunder in Sydney, said that having grown up watching Miller’s iconic action series, joining the Furiosa cast was the biggest “pinch myself moment” in his acting career.

“It’s a huge honour,” he said. “A lot of pressure but exciting pressure that is certainly motivating.”

Released in 2015, Fury Road took $US375 million around the world and was a rarity for an action sequel for being critically acclaimed and winning six Oscars, as well as being nominated for best picture and director.

2, 3 and parts of Fury Road were filmed in NSW. I wonder if we'll get older Furiosa with Charlize and a Tom Hardy cameo as Max during the movie.

Hugh Keays-Byrne died in December (immortan joe) so perhaps Hemsworth plays a younger version of him?

George Miller says this movie happens over many years

https://twitter.com/AngelaBishop/status/1383948908263403523

drunkill fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Apr 19, 2021

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
It's kinda weird that mad Max of all series is now concerned with continuity

Still looking forward to it!

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
I thought it would be cool if Mad Max was a sort of anthology series and they had all kinds of different stories taking place at no specific time with the character being played by a variety of different actors.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

still love that pennywise was defeated through the power of bullying

Mimic!!!!!!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

If it wasn't for the :siren: underage sewer sex :siren:, It would actually be one of the King books with the better endings. Like a whole town blows up, excising the cancer that pennywise was on the town killed the place because the two were so intertwined. The main characters start to forget their past again, because you can't go home again. It's several pages of well thought out conclusions to the themes of the story, instead of "the evil dog died and the problem was solved oh poo poo here comes my wife cutting up all our credit cards gtg".

Underage sewer sex would be a good username.

Actually no it wouldn’t.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I thought it would be cool if Mad Max was a sort of anthology series and they had all kinds of different stories taking place at no specific time with the character being played by a variety of different actors.

I've been saying for ages that, if they still made episodic TV, it would be awesome to make a live action Mad Max tv show with a mid-90s kind of budget where every episode some new randos in the desert are dealing with a situation and Max comes in, gets involved in spite of himself, then peels out at the end of the episode like he's Lucky Luke. No meta-plot, no recurring central characters outside of Max himself (except maybe he could run into popular guest star characters again every once in a while). You could reuse the junk settlement set by just moving parts of it around.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Riders of Justice was very, very Danish. Trashy but fun.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Lurdiak posted:

I've been saying for ages that, if they still made episodic TV, it would be awesome to make a live action Mad Max tv show with a mid-90s kind of budget where every episode some new randos in the desert are dealing with a situation and Max comes in, gets involved in spite of himself, then peels out at the end of the episode like he's Lucky Luke. No meta-plot, no recurring central characters outside of Max himself (except maybe he could run into popular guest star characters again every once in a while). You could reuse the junk settlement set by just moving parts of it around.

Like the Littlest Hobo, but post-apocalyptic.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The other really fun part of It Chapter 2 was using the middle hour to retcon the previous movie because WB/New Line made the boneheaded decision to make the first movie standalone.

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day

Lurdiak posted:

I for one welcome the return of episodic tv. And, you know, as much Mad Max content as possible.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Everyone always brings up underage sewer sex orgy but they always leave out the junkyard bully jerkoff session section of the book.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

That was the weirdest scene for me.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

banned from Starbucks posted:

junkyard bully jerkoff session

Good name for a crust punk/Oi! Crossover group.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Progress report:

Even spookier

Now with added moss

Most of the greenness I got last time faded fast. I used food colouring and it was basically gone the next day. Guess tombstones aren't food.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Everyone always brings up underage sewer sex orgy but they always leave out the junkyard bully jerkoff session section of the book.

That's hosed up too but it's not plot-critical.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The Shining is King's book about his drinking problem and It is his book about his cocaine problem.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

CPL593H posted:

The Shining is King's book about his drinking problem and It is his book about his cocaine problem.

The Lonesome Death of Jordy Verrill is about the time he went vegan.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Duma Key is his "getting hit by a car" book

(it's also really good)

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Have you ever thought, "I wish we could be bombarded by even MORE advertisements!". Well there is good news!

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-56758376

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'm pretty confident I'll be able to avoid that for at least 20 years through piracy and browser extensions and clinging onto my physical media.

Only once it starts being in first-run movies might it actually affect me and illt get angry but it'll be too late.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
If you like any of the various new raunchy shows about high schoolers explicitly talking about sex, you can’t make fun of that It scene.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If you like any of the various new raunchy shows about high schoolers explicitly talking about sex, you can’t make fun of that It scene.

No I'm pretty sure everyone can make fun of that scene.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CPL593H posted:

Have you ever thought, "I wish we could be bombarded by even MORE advertisements!". Well there is good news!

Another win for the physical media owner.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

X-Ray Pecs posted:

the jerk off one or the orgy one?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Whomst amongst has not had a circle jerk in a garbage dump with the boys?

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CPL593H posted:

Wow! I just want to die!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I haven't read It and this is the first time I've heard about the circle jerk, but I'd previously heard of the underage sewer sex, and that had previously been described as a rape scene (I haven't read it, so I don't know if that's an accurate description), which the raunchy CW shows either don't have or are portrayed very differently than the other sex scenes.

Is the circle jerk just kids masturbating in the same room? Weird and gross but still not as bad as I've heard the sewer scene described.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Is the circle jerk just kids masturbating in the same room? Weird and gross but still not as bad as I've heard the sewer scene described.

Theyre in a junkyard lighting their farts on fire with their pants off and one bully jerks the alpha bully then offers to blow him

edit: https://www.coursehero.com/lit/It/part-4-chapter-17-summary/

banned from Starbucks fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Apr 20, 2021

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Theyre in a junkyard lighting their farts on fire with their pants off and one bully jerks the alpha bully then offers to blow him

Super loving weird, not as bad as what I've heard about the sewer scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I think the central thesis of It is "What's with all the 50s Nostalgia? Were you even there it was super hosed up, man."