Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

The worst are the odd warrior rope bots that do nothing but stretch the game out with just their hero power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Had someone recently send me an invite after they beat me, I accepted because usually when people win they're less likely to be salty babies. They dropped a one liner about hitting my face then unfriended before I could respond. I get it when losers vent and unfriend, but if you're gonna poo poo talk don't you at least want to see a response? I just don't understand why they bothered.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Jeza posted:

If the occasional roping and emoting player didn't exist, you'd never experience the greatest feeling in Hearthstone where you're on the verge of losing but topdeck perfect counterlethal and you sit out until the last second of the rope while they smugly emote, thinking you're just salty and spite roping, only to crush their dreams at the last possible moment.

Then to snap message "ez" and nothing else when they immediately rage add you.

That has literally never happened to me since beta.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Chernabog posted:

That has literally never happened to me since beta.

I stayed in many a lost game chasing that high, friend, so maybe that's for the best. Can only have happened a handful of times tops.

Might be more of an Arena thing given there's less impetus to just move on to the next game, and winning has more weight. Also decks are unknown quantities, so counterlethal outside of expectations is far more probable.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

One day a filthy net decker was roping every turn and I top decked the perfect answer in my homebrew. This card is usually considered sub optimal but I knew better. I roped on my turn until the last possible second and gave a well play before destroying my opponent.

I got an email from the hearthstone team saying all of Activision blizzard was watching our games and entire company stood up and clapped when I did my well played emote. I was given the official title of "Coolest Hearthstone Player for all time".

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I swear to god, three games in a row now my opponents played Mankrik and drew the spell the very next turn (none of them Hunters with Kodobane).

WTF?

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
I feel like I've seen the same thing way too often too. I suppose it could be selection bias but it seems REALLY common.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
18 decks and I am bored with them all, gonna start playing no-win con priest.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

AnacondaHL posted:

Also in new deck news, Paladin has gotten leaner with a non-secret aggressive build, Secret Rogue is back with various philosophies on how to actually win the game, and there's this midrange Mage GoodStuff.dec as well. Oh and Control Priest, that's a thing, yay.

gotta list for the new paladins?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Control warlock makes me want to take a cheese grater to my genitals, and while this:

enki42 posted:

Warlock and Mage both have sub 50% winrates right now (at Diamond+), so I really doubt they'd go after either of them.

is true, personally I find it very un-fun to play against. It's only been a couple of weeks so maybe the meta just needs time to evolve a bit but I do not enjoy going up against a warlock, ever, as a token druid. The removal they have at all stages of the game make it very hard to get any sort of momentum going (a-doy DBD it's a control deck that's the point) but I think it's a perfect storm of board clear at multiple levels, lots of healing to counter the damage from tapping, motherfucking Tickatus to push the fatigue/surrender win condition faster on your opponent that make me find it so obnoxious.

mcbexx posted:

I swear to god, three games in a row now my opponents played Mankrik and drew the spell the very next turn (none of them Hunters with Kodobane).

WTF?

While not the same thing, my token druid deck isn't finished (25/30 cards so subbed a couple) so I used to play a Darkmoon Menagerie deck while building, and in back-to-back games the opponent played his Vol'jin card late game and dragged my N'zoth out, wasting the battlecry. I swear that troll has some sort of old god homing device built into his ability because in one game I had four other cards in my hand, and in another six, and both times he just yanks out N'zoth.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

DeadButDelicious posted:

Control warlock makes me want to take a cheese grater to my genitals, and while this:

is true, personally I find it very un-fun to play against. It's only been a couple of weeks so maybe the meta just needs time to evolve a bit but I do not enjoy going up against a warlock, ever, as a token druid. The removal they have at all stages of the game make it very hard to get any sort of momentum going (a-doy DBD it's a control deck that's the point) but I think it's a perfect storm of board clear at multiple levels, lots of healing to counter the damage from tapping, motherfucking Tickatus to push the fatigue/surrender win condition faster on your opponent that make me find it so obnoxious.

While not the same thing, my token druid deck isn't finished (25/30 cards so subbed a couple) so I used to play a Darkmoon Menagerie deck while building, and in back-to-back games the opponent played his Vol'jin card late game and dragged my N'zoth out, wasting the battlecry. I swear that troll has some sort of old god homing device built into his ability because in one game I had four other cards in my hand, and in another six, and both times he just yanks out N'zoth.

any priest you play against still feels 10x - 100x worse given how much they can pull out of their rear end... with warlocks at least the main components of the deck feel pretty consistent so you know what to expect and can try to play around / against it as best as possible. with priest, sometimes they find infinite hysterias, soul mirrors, apotheosis, etc.

Last King fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Apr 18, 2021

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
At least with Priest you know you're in for a ride of weird poo poo and counterplays. With Warlock you know how you're going to lose from turn 1. Either you get Tickatus into N'Zoth, or you get Jaraxxus'd, or both. There's no consistent way to avoid that outcome unless you're capable of dealing about 40 face damage by turn 9. Most classes don't really have "counterplays" against that poo poo once it comes down; you might be able to remove one or two bodies but not all of it.

Bomb-omb Texting
Sep 24, 2009
A strange game. Only winning move is not to play.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Quotey posted:

I miss sorry because when I rope because I just didn't click end turn I have to go Oops and Greetings. And god help you if it's in duels because those have some of the meanest emotes ever created, some harder to understand than Evil Draws Close

Stelina's Threaten is my favourite Duels emote, but I also love using Fireheart's in reply to my opponent emoting something. I like Stelina's "Yikes" too. Looking forward to the new mercenaries coming to Duels but as much as I love "Coward!" I hope they don't just copy the ones from the rewards track. The more different heroes the better, and I really like how they finally decided to expand the pool after six years of only 1-2 new ones.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

orangelex44 posted:

At least with Priest you know you're in for a ride of weird poo poo and counterplays. With Warlock you know how you're going to lose from turn 1. Either you get Tickatus into N'Zoth, or you get Jaraxxus'd, or both. There's no consistent way to avoid that outcome unless you're capable of dealing about 40 face damage by turn 9. Most classes don't really have "counterplays" against that poo poo once it comes down; you might be able to remove one or two bodies but not all of it.

for me, better the devil you know than the devil you don't. with warlock i know i've got a set number of turns to get there and if i don't, the outcome plays out predictably.

however, once in a blue moon, you get to beat the house: https://hsreplay.net/replay/X8BPWu8xkhicvXM8jkRPsS (post flinger nerf, and i wasn't able to draw any anyways)

in my experience (very limited) playing ranked this expansion, i've still had noticeably better success against warlock when compared to priest (the games are typically much shorter too). it doesn't matter if i tried playing pally, hunter, dh, warrior, etc.

currently stuck in d5 - d1 purgatory... at this bracket it feels really frustrating so i'm just trying to take it a few games at a time instead of trying to grind further.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

gotta list for the new paladins?

I do! Here is the buff-based list I brought to MTQs today in a ban-Priest lineup, did pretty well with it (7-2), 30th card is Samuro which I'm still testing

### Aggro Buff
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 2x (1) Argent Squire
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Argent Braggart
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 2x (3) Goody Two-Shields
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Underlight Angling Rod
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Blessing of Authority
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
#
AAECAZ8FBPy4A/voA5HsA+fwAw37uAPKwQOezQO/0QPK0QPg0QOF3gOR5APM6wPj6wOanwSVoATJoAQA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

but Jackiechan's take on it is fine as well:

### Aggro Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (2) Argent Braggart
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (2) Murgur Murgurgle
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 2x (5) Blessing of Authority
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
#
AAECAZ8FAvy4A/zoAw77uAPKwQOezQO/0QPK0QPg0QOO1AOL1QOF3gOR5APM6wPj6wPrnwTJoAQA
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/TyikzucNTSlABVNnbH41hc/

or you can split the difference with something like this, which is trending just today:

### Custom Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Cult Neophyte
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 1x (4) Cariel Roame
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
#
AAECAZ8FApHsA+fwAw77uAPKwQPczAOezQPK0QOO1AOL1QOF3gOR5APM6wPj6wOanwTrnwTJoAQA
#

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Was wondering why I didn’t get my packs for GM today so I looked at the Official rules and it turns out the stream isn’t allowed to be muted or in the background.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The Book Of Heroes singleplayer missions that I've tried were so boring that I haven't even gotten around to doing all of them for the free cards, but I've got to say, the new Book Of Mercenaries singleplayer thing for Warrior is a great improvement. You get some fun OP original cards to play around with, and I like having the choice between different hero powers for each battle. I still really just want something else that's as good as Dungeon Run though and I'd happily pay $10-$15 for it.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

RatHat posted:

Was wondering why I didn’t get my packs for GM today so I looked at the Official rules and it turns out the stream isn’t allowed to be muted or in the background.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they have no way of telling if the browser tab itself is muted (Firefox, no idea why they removed that feature from Chrome. I mean, I have an idea, I just think it's dumb.)

Also, who keeps their YouTube window in focus the whole time? Both rules are wishful thinking on their part. I have cheesed plenty of goodies in the past without sticking to those "rules"

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

mcbexx posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but they have no way of telling if the browser tab itself is muted (Firefox, no idea why they removed that feature from Chrome. I mean, I have an idea, I just think it's dumb.)

Also, who keeps their YouTube window in focus the whole time? Both rules are wishful thinking on their part. I have cheesed plenty of goodies in the past without sticking to those "rules"

I put the stream on my phone and turned the phone volume off while I was working. So that could be a workaround?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

RatHat posted:

Definitely not the case. I got my packs and I had it muted. But, maybe muted through the firefox tab and not on the web player. Definitely did not have the tab up front and centre either.

Fake edit: Just opened a video in youtube, and it was muted in the player, so the stream was definitely muted.
To make sure your viewing counts, make sure that it says "Battle.net connected" in the settings for the stream/video.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Yeah I don't think they should be able to tell system or tab volume. I muted my whole laptop and left the house for a few hours and had a pack when I came back.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

gandlethorpe posted:

Lightning Bloom / Ancestral Knowledge / Snowfury Giant is pretty fun if you get the right draw. Arcane Giant also works if you don't have Snowfury and aren't about to spend dust on a brawl.

:saddowns:

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Thank you for that token druid list. It is very fun. When things swing right, it feels very good indeed.
It also allowed me the pleasure of this:

They conceded right after, which felt nice.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
I always turn my volume to 1 instead of muting just in case.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

No way you could watch those streams without muting since the commentary is dreadful.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

If I'm a dirty net-decker and I only plan to play standard, would it make sense for me to dust all of my older sets? I have some cards from Goblins vs Gnomes, The Grand Tournament and Whispers of the Old Gods that I would love to get rid of and get some dust to build some other net-decks. I only noticed I had these cards when I was dusting my gold cards that I don't use. Also noticed that I have a bunch of Legacy cards, which used to be Core, I'm assuming I can dust these bad boys as well?

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

obi_ant posted:

If I'm a dirty net-decker and I only plan to play standard, would it make sense for me to dust all of my older sets? I have some cards from Goblins vs Gnomes, The Grand Tournament and Whispers of the Old Gods that I would love to get rid of and get some dust to build some other net-decks. I only noticed I had these cards when I was dusting my gold cards that I don't use. Also noticed that I have a bunch of Legacy cards, which used to be Core, I'm assuming I can dust these bad boys as well?

I was you about 7 sets ago before I learned that the real fun is in Wild and regretted dusting all my old stuff. Evaluate and dust on a card by card basis is the smart way to go. You can trim probably 2/3 to 3/4 of them but if you blindly dust them all you might look back and regret it.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

obi_ant posted:

You could so that, but 2 years from now when you're sick of standard changing and you want to play wild you'll regret it.

(I did exactly what you're saying you want to do and have recrafted most of what I dusted in the first place).

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

If there are certain classes you know you'll never touch, you can dust those cards. Like if you know you hate Priest and Druid, like I do, feel free to use those as dust ATMs.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Strawberry Panda posted:

No way you could watch those streams without muting since the commentary is dreadful.

Yeah no kidding, nobody on these streams has any charisma. I'm just here for the freebie packs. Finally finished my Token Druid deck!

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

vS Classic Data Reaper Report #1

Unintentionally amusing to see the 2021 data analysis and write-up style applied to the 2014 cards and gameplay.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

My next pack is likely to push me over 50k dust. The only cards from Standard that I'm currently missing are Keywarden Ivory, Sayge Seer of Darkmoon, and Dark Inquisitor Xanesh (so... all largely terrible things). Is it actually time to go back and try to fill in some missing Wild spots? It feels like there's probably something degenerate to do with Hemet Jungle Hunter and I never recrafted Raza the Chained after the nerf. I've always wanted to screw around pointlessly with Noggenfogger and I never owned Aviana. Are there any really fun Wild decks that require obscure legendaries?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

obi_ant posted:

In addition to what others have said about Wild, if you ever want to play Duels you might want some of that old stuff, too. I dusted a lot of my old stuff because I never had any intention of playing Wild (and I still don't) but I had to re-craft some stuff to make certain Duels decks.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Speaking of dusting, just remembered that Kargal is available to be dusted for a full return. So here's your reminder!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

NorgLyle posted:

My next pack is likely to push me over 50k dust. The only cards from Standard that I'm currently missing are Keywarden Ivory, Sayge Seer of Darkmoon, and Dark Inquisitor Xanesh (so... all largely terrible things). Is it actually time to go back and try to fill in some missing Wild spots? It feels like there's probably something degenerate to do with Hemet Jungle Hunter and I never recrafted Raza the Chained after the nerf. I've always wanted to screw around pointlessly with Noggenfogger and I never owned Aviana. Are there any really fun Wild decks that require obscure legendaries?

Sayge is a solid craft for wild as well. Raza will never be bad. Seriously, 50k means just craft for fun at this point.

But for the general discussion, no, don't dust old cards at this point unless they're obvious garbage, they're actively making sure older cards are still relevant nowadays.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Patches still shows up in a ton of aggressive decks. Turns out that the deck thinning is still a big draw for running him.

Promoted Pawn
Jun 8, 2005

oops

Regalingualius posted:

Patches still shows up in a ton of aggressive decks. Turns out that the deck thinning is still a big draw for running him.

It’s not the deck thinning that makes him good (the difference between a 25 and 24 card deck is small enough it’s effectively negligible), it’s just that when a minion costs 0 mana and 0 cards from hand, 1/1 and a tribe is more than enough.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

We'll hit the heat death of the universe and people will still think Patches was ran for the deck thinning, rather than being a free 1/1 Pirate.

Even drawing Patches is now less stinging with Parachute Brigand's release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
You could make Patches a 0/1 tribeless minion and it'd still have a shot at getting in token Druid decks.