Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

well why not posted:

I'd have just used Batman v Superman, and the followup be Batman & Superman

Batman w/ Superman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Batman x Superman, a two hour AMV.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Yeah, ever since BvS there've been plenty of takes that Affleck got bored of/wasn't excited about Batman movie plans, but I always had an impression he just ended up being too beaten down by the WB/Jossleague idiocy, plus his personal issues at the time didn't help.

Not directly related, but I did a 'Ben Affleck' twitter search to see if I can find the original tweet, and got this as a first result. Never seen it before:

https://twitter.com/DawsonforReal/status/1380950350295879683
Ben Affleck's pretty alright.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Yeah, ever since BvS there've been plenty of takes that Affleck got bored of/wasn't excited about Batman movie plans, but I always had an impression he just ended up being too beaten down by the WB/Jossleague idiocy, plus his personal issues at the time didn't help.

Not directly related, but I did a 'Ben Affleck' twitter search to see if I can find the original tweet, and got this as a first result. Never seen it before:

More people really need to tell Bill Maher off

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Perhaps a hamster posted:

Yeah in a time when everyone was looking sideways at muslims Ben told them to gently caress off, and I got mad respect for that

But yeah fans have long suspected the JL bullshit with Whedon, Johns And WB execs is what made Ben just pack it up and throw in the towel

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

"World's Finest" would be a deeply sarcastic title for BvS. Did Luthor title this film?

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

McCloud posted:

Yeah in a time when everyone was looking sideways at muslims Ben told them to gently caress off, and I got mad respect for that

But yeah fans have long suspected the JL bullshit with Whedon, Johns And WB execs is what made Ben just pack it up and throw in the towel

His next project is with paramount after a long time being the poster child for mid budget high prestige dramas for WB.

I say every time , and it never fails to surprise me: WB burnt a whole lot of working relations with people that brought massive amounts of prestige and money to the studio for joss Whedon.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

josh04 posted:

"World's Finest" would be a deeply sarcastic title for BvS. Did Luthor title this film?

That's why I like BvS as well, when Luthor tells Superman he wants him to fight Batman he's like "fight night! Black and blue! God vs man!" So the title is like Lex Luthor advertising the film to us

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

2house2fly posted:

That's why I like BvS as well, when Luthor tells Superman he wants him to fight Batman he's like "fight night! Black and blue! God vs man!" So the title is like Lex Luthor advertising the film to us

I feel it's basically Lex seeing Bruce Wayne as basically his own fantasy self, a human who has the strength, intelligence, willpower and insanity to truly confront a living god. Pretty much spelling out the similarities between the characters in canon.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

2house2fly posted:

Right; the film demands a title certain level of crassness and pomposity. BVS: DoJ is kaiju naming convention, which suits the material better than a more ‘tasteful’/poetic thing might.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Right; the film demands a title certain level of crassness and pomposity. BVS: DoJ is kaiju naming convention, which suits the material better than a more ‘tasteful’/poetic thing might.

I still say a Snyderverse/Monsterverse crossover would work perfectly. Superman realising he's the counterpart to King Ghidorah and all. Does make me wonder how Darkseid would take a rematch with Godzilla.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

It's kind of "working to rule" as well; people love vs matches between big characters (eg Marvel Civil War came out in 2016 as well) so BvS says up front "here's Batman fighting Superman, like in classic comic books Dark Knight Returns, Red Son, probably in a bunch of cartoons as well! Finally in a big feature film!" and the audience says "gently caress yeah" and then they get Batman having a protracted psychotic break drugging Superman and beating the poo poo out of him. They even give Superman his little dangling hair curl from the comics to make him look more sympathetic as he gets his face mashed against a pile of rusty radiators, and the message of the whole fight scene is these guys shouldn't actually be fighting. Giving the audience what they want, and what they want is ugly

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

2house2fly posted:

It's kind of "working to rule" as well; people love vs matches between big characters (eg Marvel Civil War came out in 2016 as well) so BvS says up front "here's Batman fighting Superman, like in classic comic books Dark Knight Returns, Red Son, probably in a bunch of cartoons as well! Finally in a big feature film!" and the audience says "gently caress yeah" and then they get Batman having a protracted psychotic break drugging Superman and beating the poo poo out of him. They even give Superman his little dangling hair curl from the comics to make him look more sympathetic as he gets his face mashed against a pile of rusty radiators, and the message of the whole fight scene is these guys shouldn't actually be fighting. Giving the audience what they want, and what they want is ugly

On the contrary, I didn't want anything that happened in Beavis

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Mantis42 posted:

Batman x Superman, a two hour AMV.

Batman y Superman, the telenovela

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Batman y Superman, the telenovela

Isn't this basically already what we got

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

Remember the Batman/Superman movie poster teased in I Am Legend? I wonder if that played a small role in shaping up expectations. (Just realized that Will Smith would eventually be face to face with Batman a few years later too).

Written by Akiva Goldsman, who also put the Superman reference in Batman & Robin.

I remember a long time ago some interview with Goldsman about him putting that sign into I Am Legend and him wanting to do a Batman & Superman movie for years, but have no idea where that was by this point. Thought it might be The Death of Superman Lives but looking it up again and he wasn't in it.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Batman X Superman X Doomsday: Metropolis S.O.S.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman: Meta Humans All-Out Attack!!

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Moving away from BVS for a second, it’s absolutely fuckin’ wild that the titular Justice League ends up being Princess Mera, Joker, and DeathStroke The Terminator.

But what’s really fun is putting the individual plotlines in chronological order, so that Queen Hippolyta says “return to me, Diana”, lights the signal fire, and then smash-cut to Diana’s funeral pyre.

Also, how it skips over the entire plot of Aquaman 1 and just says “yeah, he died.”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Also, how it skips over the entire plot of Aquaman 1 and just says “yeah, he died.”

Well, these things happen

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ah, Lucas helped with the script.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Not gonna lie, I would be interested in seeing George Lucas direct a Green Lantern movie. Or, at the very least, work on designing the planets and aliens. I feel like he could come up with a decent take on Galius Zed:

And I can imagine that Mogo's terrain would look pretty bitchin' as well.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

why does that person have an arm growing out of their butt

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Why wouldn't it grow there?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

what are you, some kind of body fascist?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

So they can better catch the poop, duh.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Moving away from BVS for a second, it’s absolutely fuckin’ wild that the titular Justice League ends up being Princess Mera, Joker, and DeathStroke The Terminator.

It is one of my favorite tropes of superhero team comics - big guys get hosed big time so sidekicks, B-Listers and villains turned allies pick up, sometimes in dystopian future.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

If you're in the UK and were waiting for something better than the 720p Now TV version, it has dropped on iTunes in 4K Dolby Vision/Atmos for £14 (or you can get all 3 of Snyder's DC films for £20).

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1384273641496453127

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Prepare for trouble
Make it double

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Breaking News! Director had imperfect idea once!

Imagine if we publicized every single spitball or rough idea every director and writer had lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Predator sucks. I mean, did you see the suit that they never used?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Batman vs. Superman: The Knightman Cometh

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Film director says something which makes Google News push articles with his name in them to people's phones for like 2 days

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Neo Rasa posted:

Batman vs. Superman: The Knightman Cometh

THOMAS WAYNE: What the hell is that?
JOE CHILL: You know what it is bitch

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Terrio and Snyder

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

SoSKoN would be a very cumbersome title. Keep it nice and simple!

gregday
May 23, 2003

2house2fly posted:

Unlike Batman Vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

2house2fly posted:

Soskon is like an off brand Avatar character's name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Batman V Superman is very simple. You can just ditch Dawn Of Justice, it's de jure part of the title but the colon marks it as an appendage, a way of distinguishing it from theoretical other Batman V Superman films