Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Khablam posted:

You nearly missed the wall, but then you realised you could just literally drive right into it instead.
https://giant.gfycat.com/SnivelingScholarlyBobolink.mp4

remember when everyone itt made fun of max because he was trying to avoid crashing into other cars and hit a wall. well poois shamilton can hit the wall with 0 cars around him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lmao russell hitting the grass and thinking bottas clipped him or waggled his slipstream over his wing or something, like bottas has the skill to do something that precise

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

track day bro! posted:

remember when everyone itt made fun of max because he was trying to avoid crashing into other cars and hit a wall. well poois shamilton can hit the wall with 0 cars around him

Max ended his race doing it, Hamilton kept his car going and finished 2nd.

ROFLBOT
Apr 1, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Fraudulent British media with some revisionist views on the incident involving are george
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/56793494

Nice that the new track limits rules mean the literal grass can be interpreted as "the damp part of the track" and smacking someone in the head is "brushing their helmet"

it was the wet edge of the tarmac, he didn’t go onto the grass

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I want Hamilton to retire purely for the clownshow that will be Russell and Bottas taking an all-conquering car and placing it firmly into the midfield wall.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Khablam posted:

You nearly missed the wall, but then you realised you could just literally drive right into it instead.
https://giant.gfycat.com/SnivelingScholarlyBobolink.mp4

i need to see a full toto reaction compilation for this race.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

masterpine posted:

I'm fine with Are Dan giving way. Good lads on a good team and Dan was slow as poo poo. They both know they've got to maximise every opportunity they get this year if they want to beat the scud and that move early was the difference between Norris holding 3rd and coming in 5th. Can you imagine Leclerc giving way to Sainz in the same situation? At the very least with Ricciardo it would be 100x sadder if he was in that Alpine, christ that car is trash.

You've got a point with that, it was team playing and it's a better team than loving Renault. Hope Dan can improve on things next race though.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Dictator. posted:

i need to see a full toto reaction compilation for this race.

Toto is a psychopath. He only knows emotions from reading about them, and you can clearly see when he’s trying to look angry he’s really replaying things he saw normal people do.

BurgerQuest
Mar 17, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mokotow posted:

Toto is a psychopath. He only knows emotions from reading about them, and you can clearly see when he’s trying to look angry he’s really replaying things he saw normal people do.

This confirms that Toto is infact a goon

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Landon is cool but I have trouble believing he has that championship spirit because he waited for the team to put him in front of Dan instead of just overtaking him.

He did a good lad deed by waiting for the garage to put him in front but good lads don’t get championships, sorry.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mokotow posted:

Yes everyone knows he's Austrian

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Torger Wolff

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mokotow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvLUBwc8fIY&t=11s

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Tsaedje posted:

that was the fault of the other cars, he had no choice but to crash to not end two other's races because Max is very thoughtful and introspective. Unlike poois shamilton who only thinks about himself

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Dictator. posted:

History is written by the victors :britain:
So Dutch and Austrian fascists?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Pablo Bluth posted:

It's gravel rather than grass. I think his main concern was not getting stuck in it (which tends to happen once your car stops in it) so he wanted to drive on to the paved strip in one smooth attempt but underestimated his turning circle. In the end, because the gravel was wet he was able to reverse over it without just becoming beached.
When I explained to the thread why Max couldn't just slam the brakes on when travelling over gravel, and was carrying a lot of speed and aiming at it because he swerved to avoid hitting the side of a stopped car (literally the most dangerous crash type) I was told "no max is bad he went directly into the wall lmao"

If we recontextualize those statements we can only conclude Lewis is a massive fraud OP and drove directly into a wall despite a much easier wall to miss, no reason to be there at all and many other options available to him.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Imagine being so good at driving cars like Lewis that you can clown on Max and drive in to a wall and still come 2nd just to prove a point. Max just doesn't have that championship mentality he drives into the wall and gives up and blames other people.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

When I explained to the thread why Max couldn't just slam the brakes on when travelling over gravel, and was carrying a lot of speed and aiming at it because he swerved to avoid hitting the side of a stopped car (literally the most dangerous crash type) I was told "no max is bad he went directly into the wall lmao"

If we recontextualize those statements we can only conclude Lewis is a massive fraud OP and drove directly into a wall despite a much easier wall to miss, no reason to be there at all and many other options available to him.

max is bad and drove directly into the wall lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

Imagine being so good at driving cars like Lewis that you can clown on Max and drive in to a wall and still come 2nd just to prove a point. Max just doesn't have that championship mentality he drives into the wall and gives up and blames other people.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

NtotheTC posted:

A sentient shoe could have driven that car onto the podium after Lewis was gifted a lap back and a restart to bunch the pack after....

.... the other two Mercedes drivers caused a red flag at exactly the right time to save Lewis.

Makes you think OP

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lando Norris owns, OP

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Lewis was just cosplaying as max by hitting a wall and finishing P2 which is pretty much all max does most of the time

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Landon is cool but I have trouble believing he has that championship spirit because he waited for the team to put him in front of Dan instead of just overtaking him.

He did a good lad deed by waiting for the garage to put him in front but good lads don’t get championships, sorry.

He didn't wait lmao, he couldn't get past him because it's hard to pass

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Was there a race this weekend?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

your friend wicka posted:

As the late Ayrton Senna said

If you no longer go for a gap, you’re no longer putting Bottas out of his misery.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

your friend wicka posted:

Sounds like the kind of excuse a fraudulent pissbaby would come up with, OP

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

toto or adolf?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Khablam posted:

A sentient shoe could have driven that car onto the podium after Lewis was gifted
You mean blessed by God? When was the last time Lewis had a bad race in F1 anyway? Like finished low in the points or DNF? Sky said his last DNF was in 2018. That's a level of luck which defies naturalistic explanation. Lewis is proof that God exists, and that Lewis is His prophet.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

Apparently Are Dan is holding the lead in the current (not all time) consecutive finishes in the points stakes.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
They should trade Bottas with Latifi and let George and Bottas settle this on the track and let Latifi win the WDC.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the Wall Driving Championship?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Tsaedje posted:

yeah because the fia allowed him to re enter the track in an unsafe way driving backwards like a loving moron

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Zeta Acosta posted:

yeah because the fia allowed him to re enter the track in an unsafe way driving backwards like a loving moron

they made a game time decision that lewis could manage it without endangering anyone unlike ballteari fuckass and fraurdge hustle who can't even negotiate a gentle flat-out left curve without spraying debris for a quarter mile and drat near starting a fight amidst the wreckage

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Zeta Acosta posted:

https://youtu.be/aq5ecBaOb6Y

Makes u think

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Khablam posted:

I appreciate your dedication to being the ignorant straight man to this thread's comedy routine.

Khablam posted:

A sentient shoe could have driven that car onto the podium after Lewis was gifted a lap back and a restart to bunch the pack after....

Disagree, I do not think Bottas could have done it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Theophany posted:

Sounds like the kind of excuse a fraudulent pissbaby would come up with, OP

Mods??

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

ilmucche posted:

I appreciate your dedication to being the ignorant straight man to this thread's comedy routine.

Disagree, I do not think Bottas could have done it.

bottas couldnt get pass 9, got crashed by a loving williams and some english twerp hit him. the guy is done

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Thanks Ants posted:

Lando Norris owns, OP

I can't wait until like 10 years from now when Nando has been winning every race and wdc for years and he continues to own.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just remembering how pathetic the Bottas F1 tv show shaky voice episode was. Rosberg was 10x the driver and competitor that Bottas is or ever will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

everything else aside bottas is clearly struggling with the dominant car and lewis is having a good wdc defense