Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I've been learning 3D in Blender. I started like in December I think, with zero prior art experience of any kind. So my poo poo probably isn't impressive yet. But it's mine! Anyone who is into Blender at all will probably recognize the famous Donut Tutorial. This is my journey so far.

The Donut:

Some items: (Anvil was part of a tutorial, I added the sword + shield)

Castle Hallway - Day

Castle Hallway - Lost Goon at Night

My First Character - Body

My First Character - Headshot

Well thanks for reading hope you liked it. I hope to get around to making more stuff soon.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

That's all pretty loving cool! I'd love to learn how to do something like that one day.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I posted about this in another thread, but I'm still very excited about it.

We had the Brazilian Megaman Comic thread last year and collectively decided to have a comics jam to continue the cliffhanger from the official comics. I made this cover for the "first volume":

I also work as a BG artist on a show called Pantheon and was tasked with designing the interior of a comic shop. Since we need comic covers to populate it, my AD and I agreed that anyone on the crew should be able to submit comic covers.

I submitted my horny Megaman cover (with a title tweak) and it got approved. So a little piece of our goon project will be immortalized on a TV show forever and I am stupid, stupid happy.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Fantastic!!! :kingsley:
Can you post a pic when it happens (with the backstory) in GBS please?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Megaman thread was great, ridiculously proud of all who sailed in that thread.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Bismuth posted:

lastly, flower crowns for week old rats (that I bred, does that count as 'making' something?)

Lol those are adorable

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Spinz posted:

Fantastic!!! :kingsley:
Can you post a pic when it happens (with the backstory) in GBS please?

Yesyesyesyes!

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

Megaman thread was great, ridiculously proud of all who sailed in that thread.

Someday I wanna electric boogaloo it. I still think of things breaking into triangles and crashing computers and can't stop laughing.

Evan Jellicle
Apr 20, 2008

I recorded a cover of my favorite Thin Lizzy song. I posted this on another thread recently so forgive me if you see it twice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4tzI5mgLw

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Evan Jellicle posted:

I recorded a cover of my favorite Thin Lizzy song. I posted this on another thread recently so forgive me if you see it twice!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZ4tzI5mgLw

This is nice very relaxing. It sounds good even without being familiar with the original!

TravellinDan
Feb 20, 2006

Wa...ter?
I'm a filmmaker, and will be shooting my second feature film this August!

It'll be at the location (and some of the same crew) where I shot this short film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_qhqwWlmW8

It'll be very different tonally than that one though - think Night of the Living Dead meets THE THING.

Mod edit- fundraising link sorry man, even if it looks cool

And hey, why not a trailer for my first feature? (it was made for zero dollars on weekends with friends. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could finish one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDaGOas0ZTM

Somebody fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Apr 13, 2021

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

At the beginning of last year, I had a great idea for a webcomic, but other than photoshopping things, I didn't have a lot of experience with like... actual artwork, other than some art classes in high school ages ago. So I did what any person would do with a great idea for a webcomic, and no actual experience: I bought a tablet! At the same time, I also joined Gooseflock and started making discord icons and propaganda to learn how to use my new shiny device. My gooseflock project folder is 873mb, but here is a random assortment:

I made most of the discord icons in Aseprite, which I had never used before, and I sort of fell in love with pixel art- something I had never made before. that got me interested in GBstudio so I started working on my own gameboy game, inspired by Shadowgate, but a zombie survival point-and-click game instead of a fantasy thing:

Will I ever finish it? Will I ever start that webcomic I had an idea for a year ago? Probably not! But I am learning new things!

These are all pretty small, hopefully this isn't image-overload.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Digital Prophet posted:

I made most of the discord icons in Aseprite, which I had never used before, and I sort of fell in love with pixel art- something I had never made before. that got me interested in GBstudio so I started working on my own gameboy game, inspired by Shadowgate, but a zombie survival point-and-click game instead of a fantasy thing:

Will I ever finish it? Will I ever start that webcomic I had an idea for a year ago? Probably not! But I am learning new things!

These are all pretty small, hopefully this isn't image-overload.

yoooooooo check out World of Horror and start making mods! This is gloriously creepy.

TravellinDan posted:

I'm a filmmaker, and will be shooting my second feature film this August!

It'll be at the location (and some of the same crew) where I shot this short film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_qhqwWlmW8

It'll be very different tonally than that one though - think Night of the Living Dead meets THE THING.

Mod edit- fundraising link sorry man, even if it looks cool

And hey, why not a trailer for my first feature? (it was made for zero dollars on weekends with friends. I just wanted to prove to myself that I could finish one):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDaGOas0ZTM

hey mods i think this thread should allow fundraising links. especially for someone with an established track record! totally unrelated but if anyone likes movies where night of the living dead meets the thing, okay here's the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/regicide-horror-movie#/

PHIZ KALIFA fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Apr 14, 2021

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

yoooooooo check out World of Horror and start making mods! This is gloriously creepy.

Oh my god yes. This artstyle would vibe so well with World of Horror

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

I had to google this. Im at least going to play it, for sure.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

hey mods i think this thread should allow fundraising links. especially for someone with an established track record! totally unrelated but if anyone likes movies where night of the living dead meets the thing, snip

Yeah, personally I don't have a problem with it so I'll ask, but in the interest of not getting a probe would you mind editing that out in the meantime?

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

sebmojo posted:

Yeah, personally I don't have a problem with it so I'll ask, but in the interest of not getting a probe would you mind editing that out in the meantime?

nah its all good, I had been wrong about the rule and im glad because that would suck!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
me running back and forth between this post and my browser history as an ever increasing line of mods weighs in on the probateability of fundraising in the ccircus thread

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

me running back and forth between this post and my browser history as an ever increasing line of mods weighs in on the probateability of fundraising in the ccircus thread

i'm actually gonna probate you so hard just on general principles riffling through my big book of reasons godddam

e: ok link is fine, closing big book of reasons, as u were

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 14, 2021

mofolotopo
May 10, 2004

TICK STAMPEDE!!!!

mofolotopo posted:

Oh, this is timely! I just put out my first real full album in years, literally posted it on Bandcamp today.

It's called Evergreen, and it's a weird one. It's basically a vocoder opera about some robots that are trying to bring a bunch of frozen human brains back to consciousness, and in order to do that they have to figure out what makes human beings tick. It's a sort of sci fi existentialist love story.

Anyway it's so strange that it might be one of those things that's just for me, but hey I've been wrong about that before.

It's been a long time since I posted music here, so if anyone out there is hankering for something that's more in line with my usual fare, I also did a bunch of songs for the Hypnospace Outlaw soundtrack as Barnaby's Chair.

edit: oh yeah here's my soundcloud which I post new stuff to semi-regularly

Oh hey, for some reason Bandcamp gave me a buttload of download credits, so this is now marked down to pay-what-you-want (including $0) until those run out. I'm perfectly happy to have people snarf it for free, too, because I think that causes them to suggest it more on the app. Please do go and grab it if you haven't yet!

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

my dad gave me a piano a few months back and i've started jotting down stuff i've been playing so i don't lose it

i got myself some piano, violin, and cello vsts, everything else is done with free sounds i found online. i'm still figuring out how to master the sounds and stuff but it's really fun playing back stuff i've made :)

piano:

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/ambient-piano-004

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/piano-001

ambient:

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/ambient-003

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/ambient-001

cello / violin / piano ambient loops:

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/melan-001

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/cello-violin-intro

piano / cello / violin riff:

https://soundcloud.com/weedlord69420/piano-cello-violin-002

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

sigma 6 posted:

Nice! Heheh. I VJ weekly and here is one of my performances with Res_Freq (a local DJ) for Radio RVA (Richmond Magazine)

https://twitch.tv/videos/956020564

This slaps :haw: VJing is so cool, it's something I'd really love to do once the pandemic is over (or before that! Twitch sets are fantastic, I can get down to not leaving the house)

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

lil' drop leaf card table w/ some inlaid crossbanding.

uhhh yeah I would like to hear more about this crossbanding

Bismuth posted:

drat, literally every goon is cooler than me... heres my insta that i'm terrible at updating.

Heres some stuff?

Made a mold from a real fossil and cast this magnet

Made molds from local acorns and cast em

Made some real small corns out of polymer clay

lastly, flower crowns for week old rats (that I bred, does that count as 'making' something?)

whoa these own, are they all sculpey?

I've been making a lot of wood poo poo and playing around with a laser cutter

latest thing has been trying to get it to crank out cheap and easy marquetry, hosed this design up pretty bad but maybe it'll be salvageable with an epoxy fill or something

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Apr 16, 2021

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Holy hell that's cool

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Yeah that’s absolutely phenomenal. I love that second box so much.

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I quit my job back in January, and since then, have been trying to put a short story on Kindle every week for a year. I'm also designing my own covers, usually including artwork.

This one has my favorite cover art:

And this one seems to be the most popular, in terms of orders:

I'd already self-published a novel a few years ago, and drew the cover for that one, too. My nephew, who actually went to art school, helped with the colors (and a fellow goon copyedited it):

Since I need to get better at color if I'm going to do my own illustrations, for practice I started drawing monsters from the original Final Fantasy and posting the results on Instagram. I completed Chaos earlier today:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

whoa these own, are they all sculpey?
First two are resin, resin with sculpey-premo caps, then the rest is all sculpey/premo

I've been making a lot of wood poo poo and playing around with a laser cutter

latest thing has been trying to get it to crank out cheap and easy marquetry, hosed this design up pretty bad but maybe it'll be salvageable with an epoxy fill or something

This stuff is absolutely amazing? Is that picture jasper or picture sandstone on top of the top two boxes? I absolutely love both of them and your use here is gorgeous. That tiger is also blowing me away, im off my rear end about how cool this wood stuff is

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Thanks! Yeah they're sandstones I picked up at a gem shop out West, I really liked the way the grain sorta continues in all dimensions so I wanted to make something where they pop out a bit. Running out of em now but I'm hanging out with the local lapidary guild so I'll probably be doing a lot more stone in wood in the near future.

I really like the translucent glow you got on the acorns, what resin do you use? I've been hunting around for affordable stuff I can use for stuff like that tiger where a wood inlay just tears out

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Thanks! Yeah they're sandstones I picked up at a gem shop out West, I really liked the way the grain sorta continues in all dimensions so I wanted to make something where they pop out a bit. Running out of em now but I'm hanging out with the local lapidary guild so I'll probably be doing a lot more stone in wood in the near future.

I really like the translucent glow you got on the acorns, what resin do you use? I've been hunting around for affordable stuff I can use for stuff like that tiger where a wood inlay just tears out

Back when we could go to conventions rock and gem shows were nice for getting decently cheap slabs of stuff. Its more expensive, but picture jasper has a similar look in terms of the banding and colors but looks even more like a sepia toned watercolor, and sometimes includes teals/blues.

Your boxes are gorgeous

Re resin, those are easycast but i also really like art n glow and use it mostly nowdays

Cakewalk
Aug 25, 2003

I made this:

After some lite troubleshooting, its works great!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cakewalk posted:

I made this:

After some lite troubleshooting, its works great!

on pics please

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Currently working on a new short game together with my team, to take a break from our main game, Kandria (forums thread here). We're hoping to finish this one by the end of the week. You play as a tired office worker looking to spice up their life a bit, so you go to an animal shelter to find a pet to adopt!

We have a steam page where you can wishlist it if you're interested: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1605720/Eternia_Pet_Whisperer/

It should release in about two weeks from now!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Sid Vicious posted:

I drew goku hair as a sequel to goku pant

Post the skull!!!!!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Edit: wrong thread. But still good for a bump since there's lots of awesome stuff.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Thread is getting ready to move on, so drop in any last minute projects and creations!

jarlywarly
Aug 31, 2018
I take photos of live active bugs really close up

Hoverfly by Aves Lux, on Flickr

Hoverfly Mouthparts by Aves Lux, on Flickr

jarlywarly fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Apr 20, 2021

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I've seen cool pictures of bugs eyes up close before, but that's a really wonderful shot (composition?) that does a great job of showing the eyes in detail while still having a lot else going on. Very, very cool!

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

uhhh yeah I would like to hear more about this crossbanding

It's kingwood with an ebonized pear stringing.

Very cool boxes! You should post them in the woodworking thread!
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2819334

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Huh, that's cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seravid
Apr 21, 2010