Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

AceOfFlames posted:

recall the first Ant-Man trailer which also made the movie look as generic as possible

The movie also did this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Pikehead posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb058uk6g04

I really enjoyed the first season of Love, Death + Robots. The episodes I liked I really liked, some I was meh on.

I really loved the anthology series and am excited for season 2 a lot

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I like how for like an hour after I saw it I thought “Eh, another tv show I suppose.” And then decided to read the comments and learned this is a movie. Like a TV movie? Everything seems subpar. But whatever that’s Marvel for you.

Apparently Disney decided if people love TV so much let’s bring it’s level to the big screen.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
The Shang-Chi looks (as in purely visually) like all the other current MCU media. I initially thought it was gonna be a tv show like wandavision.

Also is that Tony Leung's voice over? I am not that familiar with his English voice. Because he is one of the reasons I'm interested in this.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
Apparently Olivia Colman just signed up for some Marvel thing? I really hope we’re experiencing the nadir of this era of Hollywood. It’s so depressing to see how much talent is being absorbed like a blackhole by Disney for its various brand extensions.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
if any part of that marvel trailer looks appealing, please do yourself the favor of finding some real wuxia action to watch instead of this secondhand garbage

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

if any part of that marvel trailer looks appealing, please do yourself the favor of finding some real wuxia action to watch instead of this secondhand garbage

lmao. So even trashy martial arts movies have a community that gatekeeps?

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj2iCJkp6Ko

This time, it's the real one I swear!

The first season had some really intense uncanny valley situations.

Comes out May 14, and they're also promising Vol 3 in 2022.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

Technically this is MCU gatekeeping, but instead of preventing people from entering the gate, it's trying to contain the MCU within it to protect the public.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

The MSJ posted:

Technically this is MCU gatekeeping, but instead of preventing people from entering the gate, it's trying to contain the MCU within it to protect the public.

lol, who do i thank?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Gatts posted:

I like how for like an hour after I saw it I thought “Eh, another tv show I suppose.” And then decided to read the comments and learned this is a movie. Like a TV movie? Everything seems subpar. But whatever that’s Marvel for you.

Apparently Disney decided if people love TV so much let’s bring it’s level to the big screen.

I thought it was a TV show right up until reading this post.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Has everyone forgotten that a lot of TV shows just look like movies these days anyway

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Hakkesshu posted:

Has everyone forgotten that a lot of TV shows just look like movies these days anyway

If you confuse any Marvel TV show with Marvel Cinematic Universe offerings, that was entirely intentional.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Proteus Jones posted:

???

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Gatekeeping...Disney? Yes. Of course.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I'm Chinese-Canadian, I grew up on Hong Kong martial arts films, and Shang Chi looks kickin' rad. gently caress tha haterz.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Gatekeeping...Disney? Yes. Of course.

lmao. Not what I said and not what the OP said. But yeah, sure, go with that.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Heard y’all like Marvel so here’s some more Marvel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSEWdhHBlYU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

i do not

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Oh my. Oh my, no.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

No thank you.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Jordan Blum wrote and produced on Community & American Dad, so there's that, and I'l always have a soft spot for stop motion. Nothing in that really made me laugh, but I'm in a pretty poo poo mood this week and that is a painfully stock trailer.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

Movies and tv are congealing increasingly into a unified slop that consistently embodies the worst aspects of both.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHBiFx25tA8

I don't know, I haven't kept up with the Conjuring-verse since the first film, but this seems wildly exploitative and somewhat irresponsible. It feels like a satanic panic film from the perspective of the crazy Christians.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

All those movies are wildly exploitative, like Ed and Lorraine Warren are legendary scam artists. Never before have I seen a more ludicrous use of "based on a true story"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I am glad they are trying different things but I think I’m moving on from Marvel

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Movies and tv are congealing increasingly into a unified slop that consistently embodies the worst aspects of both.

I think I would agree with this. Marvel is a prime offender

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is what happens when an organization has too much money to spend

The art style's kinda neat I guess

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Charlie Band's trying to turn From Beyond into a Riverdale knock-off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI4Ms6l8haw

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is this a good place to say I'm done with Falcon and the Winter Soldier?

I've had enough heartfelt conversations and 15 minute boat fixing montages and sappy music scoring. It's like This is Us with a relatable villain who operates through social media. Ugh.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

I've had enough heartfelt conversations and 15 minute boat fixing montages and sappy music scoring. It's like This is Us with a relatable villain who operates through social media. Ugh.

Well, there's only one episode left for you to not watch, so I guess you're fine.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No? This is the trailer thread lol

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CelticPredator posted:

No? This is the trailer thread lol

This is also a good point.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

feedmyleg posted:

Uh...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHBiFx25tA8

I don't know, I haven't kept up with the Conjuring-verse since the first film, but this seems wildly exploitative and somewhat irresponsible. It feels like a satanic panic film from the perspective of the crazy Christians.

I do have to admire the sheer brass balls required to make a movie in the Conjuring series about every skeptic's go-to example about why the Warrens weren't just frauds, they were dangerous frauds. If you're gonna make a fictionalized retelling of their adventures, that's the one you absolutely have to gloss over.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I want a series of movies with the Warrens as villians instead

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

All those movies are wildly exploitative, like Ed and Lorraine Warren are legendary scam artists. Never before have I seen a more ludicrous use of "based on a true story"

The funniest lawsuit was the one arguing over who had rights to their story and part of it involved one of the claimants stating that since ghosts aren't real you can't say it is a true story/based on real life.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Snooze Cruise posted:

I want a series of movies with the Warrens as villians instead

I haven't seen any of the movies, but having a vague understanding of the true story, I'm shocked they're not the villains.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
I’m hopeful that the trailer for MODOK killed the timing of all the jokes. I think Rick and Marty is funny but avoided the show for years because the advertising gave me a bad impression. MODOK will likely be awful.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

As good as any, I'd say.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

DarklyDreaming posted:

I do have to admire the sheer brass balls required to make a movie in the Conjuring series about every skeptic's go-to example about why the Warrens weren't just frauds, they were dangerous frauds. If you're gonna make a fictionalized retelling of their adventures, that's the one you absolutely have to gloss over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trial_of_Arne_Cheyenne_Johnson
For those interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

TBF he did kill his landlord so maybe he's the true hero