Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Man, still can't bring myself to really watch that season. What a shameful follow-up.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I ducked out on episode 3 or 4 I think. I watched the poo poo out of that first season, I got dark drunk on it.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypsQO3dFiB8

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Wow that is bad

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My Boomer mom watches these kind of shows where everyone talks in paragraphs. They're like political cop dramas I don't even know what she's watching but it's like what you guys have posted.

No one talks like this that I've ever known but then I didn't go to college do people talk like this in academia?

Anywhere?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

utter trash

surprised a bald eagle didn't bust out from the overhead and start waving a flag around

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Spinz posted:

My Boomer mom watches these kind of shows where everyone talks in paragraphs. They're like political cop dramas I don't even know what she's watching but it's like what you guys have posted.

No one talks like this that I've ever known but then I didn't go to college do people talk like this in academia?

Anywhere?

Only in the mind of Aaron Sorkin and uhh Kevin Smith?

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Spinz posted:

Anywhere?

The building where my classes were held was shared with cinema students and they sure as hell tried.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Okay, True Detective 2 is bad sure, but the scene that second quote is from is great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95-UDsNm1dA

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
This one is also very good

https://twitter.com/i_zzzzzz/status/1172247645118783488?s=19

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

I'm a milquetoast centrist "liberal" who enjoys most of Sorkin's stuff, but... uh...

wow.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

I've noticed from that scene and a few other scenes in stuff hes done that Nic Pizzolatto seems to think Johnnie Walker Blue is the pinnacle of whiskey. When its actually a poo poo tier blend that everyone only thinks is good because its $200 a bottle.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

this is actuall;y a great line sorry op

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lol

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Chrs posted:

I've noticed from that scene and a few other scenes in stuff hes done that Nic Pizzolatto seems to think Johnnie Walker Blue is the pinnacle of whiskey. When its actually a poo poo tier blend that everyone only thinks is good because its $200 a bottle.

John Walker was a teetotalers so no surprises.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Spinz posted:

Anywhere?

I don't think they exist. Conversational speech and performed (or written) text are just different in style. It's similar to the difference between Hollywood shiny visual production and on the ground video of actual events - the point isn't to feel like real life, but to be appealing on its own.

Of course, that requires the manuscript and actors to be, you know, good.

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Is sorkin involved in this?

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

God drat it don't remind me about true detective season 2. The worst 12 hours I have wasted on TV.

Remember gay bike cop who maybe was banging his mom dying without finishing any of story arcs.

Do you remember anything about the lady cop expect she had a sex worker sister?

Other cum son and that whole plot line was funny though.

YOU ARE A MONSTER

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Chrs posted:

Its actually fine and way more accessible than the stuff that tastes like Band-Aids roasting on a campfire. I think its a good gifting whiskey because the receiver can break it out on special occasions and even people that aren't insistent scotch drinkers will enjoy it.

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

lol that was so awkward I couldn't even finish it. It was bad enough when all the passengers started talking, and then enter the flight attendant.

MikeTheCoolOne
Jul 18, 2006

Drinking heavily the night before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGDgnp7-uck

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
worst...or best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPxZ4LVEWs

Speed Weed just can't be stopped

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Poohs Packin posted:

Its actually fine and way more accessible than the stuff that tastes like Band-Aids roasting on a campfire. I think its a good gifting whiskey because the receiver can break it out on special occasions and even people that aren't insistent scotch drinkers will enjoy it.

Lol if you aren't just chugging down wild turkey 101.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

OMFG FURRY posted:

worst...or best?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJPxZ4LVEWs

Speed Weed just can't be stopped

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzAuXuxD0Oo was that before or after this seminal music thing.

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Poohs Packin posted:

The problem is its a $50 bottle with a $200 price tag. Its hilariously overpriced for what it is.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine defending Johnnie Walker Blue online, lmao

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

I think I watched this drunk and now seeing it sober is enough to make me not want to drink anymore.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Staunch and proud ally of Big Pharma! We stand with you!
just post a list of Aaron Sorkin's writing career, thread over

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Someone in TVIV posted this recently and it's so bad I genuinely cannot fathom another scene in television history coming close to stealing the title from it. And if there is, I don't want to hear it because this poo poo is so bad I'm still trying to un-cringe from it weeks later.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu4s7TPjJJY

Oh, okay. Show's over. Got it.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

sorkin's dialogue sounds like the kind of stuff that you think of later in the day that you wish you had said at the time

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
The scene where Colin Quinn beat up the bully's dad was a great scene and season 2 would have been better if they just limited it all to the events leading up to that scene and ended it there. Know when to exit.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Caesar Saladin posted:

sorkin's dialogue sounds like the kind of stuff that you think of later in the day that you wish you had said at the time

Yeah? Well, I had sex with your wife!

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Caesar Saladin posted:

you misspelled joss whedon

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

kntfkr posted:

The scene where Colin Quinn beat up the bully's dad was a great scene and season 2 would have been better if they just limited it all to the events leading up to that scene and ended it there. Know when to exit.

Asspen lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)

Chrs posted:

The problem is its a $50 bottle with a $200 price tag. Its hilariously overpriced for what it is.

I got one of those JW gift boxes with little 200ml bottles of Black, Gold, Platinum, and Blue from a friend earlier this year. Gold sucks hard. Blue is fine but yeah lol at $200 a bottle. The Plat was really good imo though. Black is black, it’s fine with some soda.

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos

my dog died im sad posted:

Is sorkin involved in this?

Not as far as we're aware, thank god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
i'm feeling a little apoplectic myself, op.