Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

mabels big day posted:

watchdog man will never be explained

I'm good with this but for gently caress's sake give him something to do, he's barely been featured in the series at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

On the flip side it'd be funny if he's never explained or explored, and all we ever really know about him is that he trounced Garou

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's a dog.

That's his power.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

He's a dog.

That's his power.

Excuse me, he is a dog-MAN.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Bucswabe posted:

Excuse me, he is a dog-MAN.

Actually given his human face and dog body he is technically a MAN-dog.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Monkey's Paw: Watchdogman gets fleshed out, but only in the Manga, in the 4th redraw of the Phoenixman fight.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

oh jay posted:

Monkey's Paw: Watchdogman gets fleshed out, but only in the Manga, in the 4th redraw of the Phoenixman fight.

Imagine Endless Eight, but it is the Phoenixman fight.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ethiser posted:

Imagine Endless Eight, but it is the Phoenixman fight.

Why imagine when we lived it?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for the Dragon Quest themed Heroes to show up and help defeat Phoenixman's 18th form.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Does anyone know a non-MangaDex source for 138 and 139? I was behind and now that MangaDex is down I can't catch up.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sefer posted:

Does anyone know a non-MangaDex source for 138 and 139? I was behind and now that MangaDex is down I can't catch up.

138 is up in the Jump app, if you're in a country that supports it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Sefer posted:

https://manganelo.com/manga/read_onepunchman_one

I wish the watch page on Mangadex was accessible, because I can't even remember 6 manga that I was following on there right now.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Thank you!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

RareAcumen posted:

https://manganelo.com/manga/read_onepunchman_one

I wish the watch page on Mangadex was accessible, because I can't even remember 6 manga that I was following on there right now.

You could try the way back machine

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mr. Lobe posted:

You could try the way back machine

Ah, trying to look at follows must make it want to log me in and that takes me to that actual site so it's not working for me. Was worth a shot though!

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

You could install Tachiyomi on your phone or something for in the future when another site dies.

Even if you don't use it to read you can keep a list of follows and chapters read. It also has a migrate feature that lets you move everything from one site to another.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't want to bother the manga thread with this question, were the heroes this brutalized in the webcomic? I can't remember and I don't know where to check since Mangadex is still down.

For reference:
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/73ssrKi/1/1/

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
TTM wasn’t even there in the webcomic. But since we know he survives, maybe he’s immortal while wearing a tank top or something? That would give him a unique gimmick.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

Didn't want to bother the manga thread with this question, were the heroes this brutalized in the webcomic? I can't remember and I don't know where to check since Mangadex is still down.

For reference:
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/73ssrKi/1/1/

The brutalization in the manga is definitely more extreme than the webcomic, and not just because of Murata’s art. What just happened to sweet mask is much worse than in the comic. And Tatsumaki is getting far more traumatized. Zombie Man... pretty much the same.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Used to be a rule that the only characters that got really mangled were cyborgs or Zombieman. Not so much this go around.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Used to be a rule that the only characters that got really mangled were cyborgs or Zombieman. Not so much this go around.

...or Garou!

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
More characters drawn in more detail getting hurt more times. More more more, but I think the One version was more affecting. Golden Sperm beating up Tatsumaki was one page, but it was heart wrenching. That chapter just felt gross.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Wittgen posted:

More characters drawn in more detail getting hurt more times. More more more, but I think the One version was more affecting. Golden Sperm beating up Tatsumaki was one page, but it was heart wrenching. That chapter just felt gross.

That "let me pass on through" panel of GS hitting Tatsumaki was just a real good demonstration of just how fast and powerful Golden Sperm is. ONE is very good at portraying super-speed characters in action.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

There weren't any heroes around to brutalize in the webcomic, just tats, I think this is clearing the way for king to shine

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

I wonder how much Genos is going to get brutalized now that his repairman is dead. Is he finally going to stop being a jobber?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was trying to read ""this part"" on the webcomic last night and lol it is entirely different. Fubuki fights most of the psychic and then there's a beating before Garou is up.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

MorningMoon posted:

I was trying to read ""this part"" on the webcomic last night and lol it is entirely different. Fubuki fights most of the psychic and then there's a beating before Garou is up.

Where we are at right now it doesn't seem to be too radically different from the webcomic at the point where Tatsumaki was taking on the cadres by herself, right before Genos and Bang show up. I think most of the "chess pieces" are more or less in the same place.

Depends on the actual status of Sweet Mask, TTM, Metal Bat, and Darkshine, and whether any of them will play a different role.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Difference is the MA wasnt losing much momentum and it feels like a copout to how dangerous the MA is because the heroes are tired out from psykorochi.

Also a beaten up tatsu with muratas design is...uncomfortable.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 20, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The newest Murata chapter gives more context to why Darkshine retired.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

RatHat posted:

The newest Murata chapter gives more context to why Darkshine retired.

A part of me kind of hopes that Darkshine is mostly done for this arc (even though I really like his character). I found the webcomic to be a bit lacking in the part where he teams up with Flashy Flash to fight Garou, since there was absolutely zero reason to think it would be an interesting or challenging battle.

I realize part of that is the gag of continuously teasing the reader about when Saitama will finally fight, but I feel like Darkshine in the manga has already gone through his lose-->regain his confidence-->lose again arc.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Bucswabe posted:

A part of me kind of hopes that Darkshine is mostly done for this arc (even though I really like his character). I found the webcomic to be a bit lacking in the part where he teams up with Flashy Flash to fight Garou, since there was absolutely zero reason to think it would be an interesting or challenging battle.

I realize part of that is the gag of continuously teasing the reader about when Saitama will finally fight, but I feel like Darkshine in the manga has already gone through his lose-->regain his confidence-->lose again arc.

Flashy Flash needs someone to team up with though, because the elephant panel is too good.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What is going on with this pacing
It's like they're playing the hits but without any context
Golden sperm arrived with a whimper, not a bang

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Terror Sweat posted:

What is going on with this pacing
It's like they're playing the hits but without any context
Golden sperm arrived with a whimper, not a bang

Honestly it was Vomited Fuhrer Ugly who arrived with a bang.

Put a big ole' Oda "Don!" behind him.

Mystic Mongol fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 26, 2021

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

We are rapidly accumulating extra fetch quests. Blast and the cubes. And now the Swordsmen and the Moon Blade.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Mystic Mongol posted:

Honestly it was Vomited Fuhrer Ugly who arrived with a bang.

Put a big ole' Oda "Don!" behind him.

Yeah he definitely became a big star in this version

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I reread the webcomic chapters last night to get a feel for what's up and golden sperm is showing up "early" but the og arrived with as much of a bang as this one...

I think they have made ugly the current scariest non garou foe in the lineup in the redraw and so are playing around that concept right now

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah he definitely became a big star in this version

I think the manga has done a great job of scaling up the danger of the cadres. Between the webcomic events, and the first half of the the raid on the Monster Association, it was starting to feel like most heroes in the S Class could solo any dragon-level threat.

Characters like Goketsu, Elder Centipede, Fuhrer Ugly, and now Black Sperm really show what it ought to take to defeat them (a concerted effort of multiple heroes working together).

... I still think Nyan went down too easily, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nyan was caught by a bad match up.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
I think Golden Sperm is taking the place of Multi-Cell Sperm, and we'll be seeing him either powering up more through fusion or a stage beyond that for the "9 trillion etc." fusion (Platinum Sperm???).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What I don't get is how merging together creates gold. I thought it was a moniker for the ultimate, final form, but it turns out it's also literal?