Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how much gold do you think is already in his diet

i bet it's a fair amount

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/deep_dab/status/1384019471363309568

loving with the bmx kids is not a good idea

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I know I told you guys in yospos about bmx kids

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the pigs don't gently caress with bmx kids here for good reason, you absolutely don't want to get on the bad side. they're bmx kids they know everything

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
capsule gang

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
you know what capsule, I wont give it the cute names

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fshgWIpcPeE

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol. licenses??

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

President Beep posted:

lol. licenses??

in la you need a license for a bike, and there are all these rules about it they use as an excuse to harass people

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Broken Machine posted:

in la you need a license for a bike, and there are all these rules about it they use as an excuse to harass people

i wonder why Libertarians don't protest overreaching government laws that are used to harass black kids

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

lol what? For real? There's an assumed right to mobility under your own (muscle) power in the United States.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol what? For real? There's an assumed right to mobility under your own (muscle) power in the United States.

bicycles are considered vehicles in most countries' road laws (cycling while drunk can be treated as drunk driving, you need to stop for red lights, etc)

arbitrary enforcement of road laws specifically on black kids just riding them is very american tho

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

lol wtf? so, what, a six year old wakes up on christmas, sees their first bike under the tree and then "not so fast, first you need to pass the test on cycling laws and get that training wheels permit"?

Apr 7, 2003

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

bicycles are considered vehicles in most countries' road laws (cycling while drunk can be treated as drunk driving, you need to stop for red lights, etc)

arbitrary enforcement of road laws specifically on black kids just riding them is very american tho

They're treated as road vehicles but you have an assumed right to use them because they're muscle-powered.

Licensing them or requiring registration is ridiculous.

Apr 7, 2003

The_Franz posted:

lol wtf? so, what, a six year old wakes up on christmas, sees their first bike under the tree and then "not so fast, first you need to pass the test on cycling laws and get that training wheels permit"?

Yeah, this poo poo is solely about motorists seeing the roads as their own personal domain and throwing a poo poo fit about cyclists also using them.

They don't want cyclists to be safer, they just want them gone, that's a route for harassing cyclists so they don't go near their roads.

There was a giant cycling boom in the 1970s in the US that was generally encouraged. Since everything is all about culture war now, the more recent cycling booms have all the revanchists in a tizzy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/lmlauramarsh/status/1384227649548029955

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/maloneyfiles/status/1384225345784537091?s=20

youth smoking is already down to nearly nonexistent levels. this seems like a handout to the tobacco industry as all it would do is get existing smokers to suck even more tar filled smoke into their lungs as they try in vain to get their nicotine fix

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

there are probably so many think tank ghouls freaking out that we can do healthcare stuff for free

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

The_Franz posted:

https://twitter.com/maloneyfiles/status/1384225345784537091?s=20

youth smoking is already down to nearly nonexistent levels. this seems like a handout to the tobacco industry as all it would do is get existing smokers to suck even more tar filled smoke into their lungs as they try in vain to get their nicotine fix

if they do this for cigs they are going to need to ban nicotine from vapes as well otherwise people will just switch to sucking c-3POs dick

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

The_Franz posted:

they issue them to everyone for like five dollars, so there's no test but yes, several major cities in cali require licenses to ride your bicycle, to disenfranchise the poor and minorities. so your kid probably wouldn't be bothered unless they were black or hispanic

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

I was riding the motorcycle on mercer island the other day (rich guy island east of Seattle with a road circling the island). There was some construction and people directing traffic on the main road and a huge sign that said "CYCLISTS MUST ALSO OBEY".

But despite that apparent issue with people breaking the rules I didn't see 6 police cars confiscating bikes and for the life of me I can't figure out why????

Also on the way over some dickhead boomer in a classic mustang almost hit me on the bridge after swerving across 3 lanes of traffic

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lament.cfg posted:

i wonder why Libertarians don't protest overreaching government laws that are used to harass black kids

we just don’t know

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Shaggar posted:

i love grocery store pickup and will probably continue to do it forever

same but delivery. it rules so much.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/VottoPlantEmoji/status/1384259685188919307

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

akadajet posted:

if they do this for cigs they are going to need to ban nicotine from vapes as well otherwise people will just switch to sucking c-3POs dick

they already are

if you include vaping then underage "smoking" is higher than it was at the last peak in like '92

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

on the other hand, maybe it’s best that these people go back to kids’ movies, because they’re fundamentally hosed up and should probably restart their emotional and moral growth from scratch.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

at its heart conservative thinking is a dire craving for the world to be simpler than it ever could be so entertainment for literal children is a good match

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

qirex posted:

at its heart conservative thinking is a dire craving for the world to be simpler than it ever could be

Apr 7, 2003

Hence the popularity of Disney movies like Star Wars, The Avengers, etc

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

On Monday, singer Ted Nugent said during a Facebook Live that he had tested positive for COVID-19, after calling it a "scam" and "not a real pandemic" back in December.

"I have had flu symptoms for the last 10 days," said the rocker during the live feed. "I thought I was dying." Adding, "I literally could hardly crawl out of bed the last few days."
lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

They're treated as road vehicles but you have an assumed right to use them because they're muscle-powered.

Licensing them or requiring registration is ridiculous.

it is, im just saying extending some existing framework to go from “all vehicles with engine displacement greater than 50cc must be registered and the driver must be licensed to operate it on a public road” to “all vehicles must be registered and the driver must be licensed to operate it on a public road” is an easy “Karen doesn’t like the black kids cycling on HER neighborhood streets” fix to give the police legal power to move them

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

are non-electric wheelchairs allowed on public roads?

what if you have don’t mask on while propelling yourself, does tori perform a citizen arrest?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

it's ok as long as it's being towed by an electric one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efyrzAewjz8

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The_Franz posted:

this is really depressing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
it would be even more depressing if they were stuck at home

i mean why are they even allowed in public

let's post more videos of fat people

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

The_Franz posted:

con-voy!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

i don't even think electric ones are legal on the roads most places, maybe in a bike lane

golf carts aren't generally road legal either

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
more like

stop and shoot :xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Yeah, I got a DUI on a moped scooter so small I didn't even need a license for it.

Silver linings, it ran on a mixture of gas and oil so the molotov I had in my backpack because I was gonna firebomb [redacted] completely escaped the cops' notice.