Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

The Islamic Shock posted:

Fair enough. What do you lot call the worst characters, for both genders? I'm much newer to anime than I am to lurking in general.

Try "Shithead".

Who's Myne?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Omnicrom posted:

Try "Shithead".

Who's Myne?
That works. She was just the worst in Shield Hero. Pretty much the epitome of you love to hate.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

There are so many equally disparaging expletives one can use to refer to terrible characters of any category that it's a wonder people still gravitate to the overtly sexist ones.

I mean unless you're like Australian or something.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
I'm still new to anime and loving it, so if you have recommendations for good animes with characters I'd love to hate, I'm all ears. Redo of Healer is pretty obvious for a male one.

(okay that isn't a good one but it's fun to hate the protagonist)

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Also try not to call female characters that.
Myne's punishment for all the poo poo she did to Shield Hero is to legally be called 'bitch'. :shrug:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
grouchio stop please

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Grouchio posted:

Myne's punishment for all the poo poo she did to Shield Hero is to legally be called 'bitch'. :shrug:

:allears:

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Grouchio posted:

well if noted misogynistic trash anime Shield Hero says it's okay

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021
Grouchio thanks for your support but seriously shut the gently caress up
On-topic edit: Vivy Fluorite Eye's Song is my underdog pick for this season. They could've hosed up the whole plot in a myriad of ways, but it actually seems like they're doing a banger of a job.

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 20, 2021

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Lmao. I had totally forgotten why Shield Hero was ever a discourse anime because this forum can't help but argue about whatever isekai is the flavor of the season so it all kind of disappears from my consciousness whenever the next thing comes around

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the discourse was about why it was Shield Hero when Spear Hero was the hot one

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Nagatoro being a bully is a draw for the show, not a character flaw. If it bothers you being there at all you're not the target audience, if it bothers you in severity then stick around for a few eps to find out.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Grouchio that post wasn't directed at you. :cripes:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Terrible Opinions posted:

Nagatoro being a bully is a draw for the show, not a character flaw. If it bothers you being there at all you're not the target audience, if it bothers you in severity then stick around for a few eps to find out.
Yes, it bothers me. That's what the general message was to me. I will actually stick around for it.
Edit at below: looking at the MAL rating, looks like I have a few hours to binge

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Apr 20, 2021

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Terrible Opinions posted:

Nagatoro isn't really a bully, there's actually something a bit of a complex character interaction going on and its interesting to see it in action because there's actually some nuance and subtlety.

Anyways, I like how Megalo Box Nomad seems scientifically designed to refute people who claim anime isn't political though, it's about as direct as you can get.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Nagatoro is a tsundere that's more playful about her bullying rather than mean/angry. But they're already gotten her to the point it takes a bunch of chapters in the manga to even start broaching so it's an improvement in that regard.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
So is anyone watching To Your Eternity and if so what are their thoughts on it?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Hunt11 posted:

Seems like its probably going to be really good, but its hard to tell what the actual structure of the show is going to be like.

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Seems like its probably going to be really good, but its hard to tell what the actual structure of the show is going to be like.
Ditto. Good so far, but that's what makes it entertaining- I have no idea. I really hope they don't sacrifice the little girl next.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Raenir Salazar posted:

Nagatoro isn't really a bully, there's actually something a bit of a complex character interaction going on and its interesting to see it in action because there's actually some nuance and subtlety.

I haven't seen the anime yet, it's not Funimation or AnimeLab, but the real conceit of her once the manga gets going in earnest is to remember that whatever she's accusing him of she thought of it first...

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The people in To Your Eternity who want to sacrifice a child are lame bozos, imo.

That's my opinion and you can take it or leave it, buster!

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

The Islamic Shock posted:

So is Nagatoro pretty much just fetish material, or does it actually get better? As far as I can tell, she's a super-oval office almost on league with Myne (obviously, nobody can get worse than Myne).

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yeah this was a really strange conversation when I'm only familiar with Myne from bookworm.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I'm pro-bullying so Nagatoro would have been better if she remained a bully instead of shifting to some weakass tsundere poo poo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Yeah I was like "whoa there, Myne has some bad behaviors but she's not the worst"

Bullbar
Apr 18, 2007

The Aristocrats!

Hunt11 posted:

I'm totally on board so far, first episode was extremely good and the second episode gives us a better idea of where it might be going especially with the opening credits

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jackard posted:

Yeah this was a really strange conversation when I'm only familiar with Myne from bookworm.
Indeed. :yikes:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also, please try to avoid doing this, 'kay?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nagatoro is about a sadist and a masochist flirting so hard that it sometimes becomes s&m foreplay. to those of us who aren't masochists it just looks like she is being mean for no reason.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/nflstreet4/status/1381460243931074563?s=20

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I DO DECLARE BY DUKE OF YORKSHIRE THAT SHE'S NO GOOD FOR YOU BOY. BOY, I SAY BOY NOW THAT EXHIBITIONIST CLASS PRESIDENT OVER THERE IS A MIGHTY FINE WOMAN.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Apr 20, 2021

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

This is amazing.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Foghorn leghorn chastising characters with his ridiculous comparisons would be a meme I could get behind

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Joran had a great opener this week, and despite still being skimpy on action choreography they do deliver little gems like this

https://files.catbox.moe/noxraq.mp4

the "Book 1" in the titlecards was not messing around either, with things hitting a climax that could easily be taken as the end of the current "book"

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

dogsicle posted:

Joran had a great opener this week, and despite still being skimpy on action choreography they do deliver little gems like this

https://files.catbox.moe/noxraq.mp4

the "Book 1" in the titlecards was not messing around either, with things hitting a climax that could easily be taken as the end of the current "book"

Is this supposed to be the last 30 seconds of a 2 minute video

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's only 30 seconds

it looking weird is just because of whatever i did in ffmpeg that i don't fully understand at this time

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Srice posted:

I'm pro-bullying so Nagatoro would have been better if she remained a bully instead of shifting to some weakass tsundere poo poo

Truly she was most powerful in the original image sets

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Yeah, Joran had a cool episode. Although Janome's cliched villain dialogue brought it down a bit, and I still don't really understand Makoto's motivations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Truly she was most powerful in the original image sets

People keep saying this but even there she starts freaking out when she thinks she's actually ticked off the PoV character.