Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Gripweed posted:

I think what happened here is, somewhat told you a very obvious lie as a joke, but you just believed it.

If so, the roots go pretty deep. Looks like it’s Texas and not the South though, which makes a little sense cause there is a Dr Pepper plant in Texas.

https://www.wideopeneats.com/hot-dr-pepper/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

I'd drink it if you threw some rum or whiskey in it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I love Liartown

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

I'd try a Hot Doc.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/freezydorito/status/1384190278475476999?s=20

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Jim Steinman died. Please honor him by watching the opening of Streets of Fire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arxD3Ro9mAk

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Even if you don't feel like honoring him, watch it. The first 9 minutes are in contention for the best opening sequence of all time.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
If any fool here doesn’t want to honor the legend that is Jim Steinman, writer of Total Eclipse of the Heart, Holding Out for a Hero, Bat Out of Hell, I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That), and It’s All Coming Back to Me Now, then just s m d h.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Skwirl posted:

I like how pushy the tone of these are.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If any fool here doesn’t want to honor the legend that is Jim Steinman, writer of Total Eclipse of the Heart, Holding Out for a Hero, Bat Out of Hell, I Would Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That), and It’s All Coming Back to Me Now, then just s m d h.

I never thought about all these songs being written all by the same guy, but now that I know, it’s the most sense any fact has ever made.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I like how pushy the tone of these are.

"Can I have some apple cider"
"NO ONLY HOT DR PEPPER"

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
It's cruel fate that I'm first hearing about Hot Dr Pepper right after winter ended. I'll have to wait a whole 6 months to truly enjoy it, and I probably won't remember about it by then.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Wait til you guys hear about how it’s popular to mix red wine with coca cola in the Basque region and parts of China.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Skwirl posted:

According to image #3 that is literally called a "Boomer" lol

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Making a hot Mt Dew in a glass rimmed with cheeto dust. Will report back

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Wait til you guys hear about how it’s popular to mix red wine with coca cola in the Basque region and parts of China.

This is pretty good. I prefer it with ginger ale though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Anonymous Robot posted:

I've done that, but it was because the restaurant I worked at at the time only had beer and wine.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

see at first I thought when you all said hot dr pepper you meant like, spicy dr pepper and that I was kinda down with.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

see at first I thought when you all said hot dr pepper you meant like, spicy dr pepper and that I was kinda down with.

Oh poo poo, yeah, I could see that.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Anonymous Robot posted:

Isn't this exactly what they did in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so they could drink in public?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Derek Chauvin has been found guilty on all charges.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They nailed the fucker on all 3 counts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Isn't this exactly what they did in It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia so they could drink in public?

No, they put red wine in coke cans, I always assumed they either chugged the entire coke or dumped it out before hand.

By the way, every store I go to now sells wine in 12 ounce aluminum cans that a passing cop wouldn't notice wasn't a soda assuming the person holding it was white.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

They nailed the fucker on all 3 counts.

I didn't think they'd get him on any of them never mind all three.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

CPL593H posted:

I didn't think they'd get him on any of them never mind all three.

The first one was the most serious, so after they announced that I was pretty sure it'd be all three, but I didn't exhale until after the jury roll call to affirm.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
I hope the fucker enjoys prison.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

The first one was the most serious, so after they announced that I was pretty sure it'd be all three, but I didn't exhale until after the jury roll call to affirm.

I enjoyed the look in his eyes as the judge was about to read the verdicts. The channel I watched also had a live feed of a crowd outside next to the screen showing the court and people immediately started cheering and jumping around.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Anonymous Robot posted:

man I freaking thought to do this all by myself when I was 18 of legal drinking age and I loved it. I deserve a medal

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I lean and more towards being a prison abolitionist all the time, but there is no cognitive dissonance in being glad this shitbag is going to a prison I hope we don't need in 20 years.

It's okay with me if he's one of the folks who gets to stay in there right until the last minute.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Geekboy posted:

I lean and more towards being a prison abolitionist all the time, but there is no cognitive dissonance in being glad this shitbag is going to a prison I hope we don't need in 20 years.

It's okay with me if he's one of the folks who gets to stay in there right until the last minute.

Him being subjected to the same corrupt system he upholds is some good poetic justice at least.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm happy when bad things happen to people I hate. I don't need a moral framework to justify that.

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

This channel edits movies in fun ways, they are currently debuting their latest work. It appears to be an edit of Hausu with soundtrack from Beach Houses. Very cool so far.

https://twitch.tv/racerxtrash

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Duckwaffle posted:

This channel edits movies in fun ways, they are currently debuting their latest work. It appears to be an edit of Hausu with soundtrack from Beach Houses. Very cool so far.

https://twitch.tv/racerxtrash

Just wanted to say I can’t always catch these but I always appreciate you posting them.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/ValterSkarsgard/status/1384419850270003201?s=20

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In fairness, I couldn't name a Valter Skarsgard film off the top of my head.

I didn't even know Alexander Skarsgard had a younger brother until right now.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

In fairness, I couldn't name a Valter Skarsgard film off the top of my head.

I didn't even know Alexander Skarsgard had a younger brother until right now.

Alexander Skarsgard has a huge family because his dad NEVER pulls out. One of his brothers played Pennywise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

CPL593H posted:

Alexander Skarsgard has a huge family because his dad NEVER pulls out.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
Nymphomaniac is such a good movie.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Gripweed, please keep your daddy issues contained to the appropriate threads tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckwaffle
Nov 8, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

Just wanted to say I can’t always catch these but I always appreciate you posting them.

I'm glad you like them! I'm just hoping to spread the word a bit, I've heard about so many great movies here that I wouldn't have checked out if it wasn't for everyone here. I don't wanna spam or anything, I'll just post em when they have something new. They stream a few times a month, but usually new stuff at the end of one.