Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

uh oh. there's one thing her profile and foster family neglected to inform us of.

she's a professional stair climber. I was letting her tour the house and get a feel for things, I went to pick something up, turned around, and she'd silently gotten halfway up the stairs in like 5 seconds.

guess I'll be building a hinged, magnetized locking gate at the bottom of the stairs to prevent her from getting to the second floor.

Erhh, just about all dogs can climb stairs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty’s butt wiggle when he’s scooting quickly down some stairs is :3: as heck

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Erhh, just about all dogs can climb stairs.

mrmcd posted:

Most dogs can go up stairs. :confused:
I was joking, I know dogs can climb stairs. but she, uh, is really, really fast especially for her size. practically ran up the stairs in no time at all, and kept trying to go up the stairs until I put a temporary gate across it.

She is a wonderful dog, but the upstairs is a no dog zone. There's pocket pets that would get freaked the gently caress out by a dog in the vicinity, and nothing is "dogproofed" up there, lots of fragile stuff etc. Having free reign of the first floor should be plenty when she's inside.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
there was a freak cold snap and snow storm today, so I took Pongo and my oldest kid out on a run while it was still coming down. Cold and wet but definitely beautiful.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I guess we know who owns the place now.

devmd01 posted:

there was a freak cold snap and snow storm today, so I took Pongo and my oldest kid out on a run while it was still coming down. Cold and wet but definitely beautiful.
what do you use for your pictures? they're awesome. I'm using my ancient phone's camera which usually can take decent photos but not when it's dogs apparently

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Captain Invictus posted:

I guess we know who owns the place now.

:kimchi:

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Looks so comfy

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
When mom went to bed, she followed and jumped up on the bed with her and curled up in a ball, despite apparently not doing that at her foster place. It's like she was meant to be here. I'm so happy we were able to get her.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Enjoy your new four-legged family member.

I gave Luca a bully stick, and he carefully watched just in case extra treats were forthcoming:

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Welcome new doggo!

Does her chonkness have a name yet?

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

devmd01 posted:

That's awesome.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Jehde posted:

Welcome new doggo!

Does her chonkness have a name yet?
her name is Nibbles. She barely responds to it though, and I don't like it because it's not something I can belt out to call her back or stop her from, say, trying to go after a pigeon in my neighbor's yard(this just happened, she has severe bird-chasing tendencies looks like). I was initially thinking "Casey" for a name, but after taking her for a walk and seeing her first time peeing, I think the name "Noah" is appropriate because while she rarely has to go to the bathroom, when she does, it is essentially a Great Flood. She did not pee from when we picked her up, through the entire car ride, then went to sleep when we got home and didn't have to go until nighttime, nearly 10 hours later. but when she did have to, she peed for a full goddamn minute.

also despite being a porker she's INSANELY strong. I'm 230lbs and in good shape, and she, when she really wants something(the aforementioned pigeon), can really put up a fight against the leash. I think I'll have to use the Gentle Leader unfortunately, but hopefully that fixes the issue.

She can look in basically any direction, as dogs can, but she prefers to barely move her head in a way that she can glance at you and then seriously side-eye you. it's hilarious

she slept by mom's side the entire night, didn't bother her at all or need to go out, just curled up in a ball next to her and laid her head on a pillow nearby. what a good dog.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Captain Invictus posted:

what do you use for your pictures? they're awesome. I'm using my ancient phone's camera which usually can take decent photos but not when it's dogs apparently

Thanks! Just an iPhone 12. I don’t even need the horsepower, but the camera is nice.

It was hard to take a bad picture this morning, absolutely beautiful out in the woods after the snow.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Names need to be capable of being shortened to 1 syllable, although easy 2 syllable names are acceptable. Its a rule.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Dear Monty

You have tells. I know when you have to poo poo. When we walk through the grass on the way to the burger place up pick food up, you’re allowed to poo poo. This whole waiting until I’m carrying my food to take a massive poo poo and making me carry a bag of poo poo for a quarter mile is just rude.

Sincerely,
The guy who has picked up thousands of your piles of poo poo and never complained.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
We don't deserve dogs.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1384551197500137482?s=19

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I just went through every emotion

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

boop the snoot posted:

Dear Monty

You have tells. I know when you have to poo poo. When we walk through the grass on the way to the burger place up pick food up, you’re allowed to poo poo. This whole waiting until I’m carrying my food to take a massive poo poo and making me carry a bag of poo poo for a quarter mile is just rude.

Sincerely,
The guy who has picked up thousands of your piles of poo poo and never complained.

Give Monty the burger, pick up poo, go back to burger place.

It’s loving simple, man.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

she slept by mom's side the entire night, didn't bother her at all or need to go out, just curled up in a ball next to her and laid her head on a pillow nearby. what a good dog.
:bisonyes:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Reminder: all food must go to the lab for testing.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

boop the snoot posted:

Dear Monty

Sincerely,

Monty radiates smugness

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

devmd01 posted:

I don't know where you are, but I blame you for the snow we got today :colbert:

Took Bonehead & Squeeg out for what better be the last snowy hike of the season. I forgot how much of a dainty little princess Gigi is though, she would've been happy left at home and not forced to trek through the mud and water.

Photographers might not like it, but Dogs Eye View is peak perspective.

Okay technically there are no dogs in this photo, but I just wanted to share that I had to carry Gigi across it 🙄

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
The inconveniently located dog strikes again

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Reminder: all food must go to the lab for testing.

He gotta make sure there's enough quesa in that dilla baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POcWahyvOSI

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Lando does the butt tuck zoomies when he gets really excited! We call them the Goat Leaps because sometimes he bounces up and down like a little black goat. Fuckin love it so much :3:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty butt tucks. It’s hilarious. Like his butt is trying to get there faster or something.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea Gigi does that maybe 40% of the time when she zooms from the living room to my bedroom. Cute as gently caress.

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

:kimchi:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

b-tuck just kicked in yo

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Dogs doing butt tuck zoomies + spinning in place is my favorite :3:

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Reminds me that I need to cut Hana's nails...

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

No take ball only throw!

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1385386633432735745

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So I was thinking we would go with Noah for Nibbles's new name, but mom doesn't like it(because "but that's a boy's name!"). She gave me a list of names she came up with that she likes, but I still want to call her Noah, it started out as a joke but honestly it fits and she just kinda "feels" like a Noah. She even already responds to it when I call it out.

Have you ever had disagreements on what to name a dog, and if so, how did you come to an agreement?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

The female version of Noah is, uh, Noa

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
LOL if your dog has only one name.

Kiki answers to Kiki, kick, Princess, pretty girl, peanut...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty. Montster. Dog. Montgomery. D-O-G. Gum. Dude. Little Bro.

I could go on.