Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
The series is a not-so-subtle commentary on idol culture in Japan so Kotaro's just playing his role in that. But yeah, not to worry, he gets his rear end kicked by the zombidols.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Yeah, it's important to remember that they very quickly stop taking Kotaro's poo poo and just beat the hell out of him when he oversteps. Saki especially.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1383797601896517641

There's going to be a new ZLS manga in Ultra Jump, and from the description, apparently it will involve Tae's backstory

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Willo567 posted:

There's going to be a new ZLS manga in Ultra Jump, and from the description, apparently it will involve Tae's backstory

Saw something on Twitter that Romero (possibly) died in 1989, so now I'm convinced that ZLS is going to troll us by making this Romero's backstory.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Saw something on Twitter that Romero (possibly) died in 1989, so now I'm convinced that ZLS is going to troll us by making this Romero's backstory.

Also, there's text in the image that reads 大予言1989年世界の終わり, or Great Prophecy 1989: The End of the World

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Willo567 posted:

It best be as legendary as we've been led to believe.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I hope that current Tae is just how she acted all of the time.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
There is nothing funnier than the revelation about how people eventually found out who Tae's voice actor is and it turns out that they paid Sailor Fuckin' Moon to moan and groan in bespoke unique ways for every episode

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Do we know when the next episode drops?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sephyr posted:

Do we know when the next episode drops?

New episodes every Thursday at 10:00 AM CST until July IIRC

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Good episode again. I really liked Junko's guitar solo. I'm also happy that they're developing Ai and Junko's relationship more

Spoilers for episode 3: Do you all think Ai would actually leave Franchouchou behind for Iron Frill? I couldn't see why she would, not to mention that she's a loving zombie

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Was it established in season 1 that Iron Frill have sugababes'd out all their original members? Impressive they're still popular, if so.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Brutal Garcon posted:

Was it established in season 1 that Iron Frill have sugababes'd out all their original members? Impressive they're still popular, if so.

I mean, multigenerational idol groups where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time are a thing and have been for a while, haven’t they?

What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Heisei Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Loved the detail where they changed the aspect ratio with letterboxing when Junko was singing her acoustic Showa era idol song, as well as the two metal heads, the Doremi motorcycle gang girls led by Saki’s co-leader’s daughter, and Lily’s giant of a dad were in the opening concert crowd scene. The preview from last week made it seem like this was gonna be solely an Ai episode, but we got a bunch of Junko as well, and I’m not complaining.

Anyway, someone better at sunrunes than me tell me who was voicing the center of Iron Frill, Shiori, this episode? Bound to be listed in the credits, but I can’t read their names.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 22, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

GhostStalker posted:

I mean, multigenerational idol groups are a thing where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time. What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Showa Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Loved the detail where they changed the aspect ratio with letterboxing when Junko was singing her acoustic Heisei era idol song, as well as the two metal heads, the Doremi motorcycle gang girls led by Saki’s co-leader’s daughter, and Lily’s giant of a dad were in the opening concert crowd scene. The preview from last week made it seem like this was gonna be solely an Ai episode, but we got a bunch of Junko as well, and I’m not complaining.

Anyway, someone better at sunrunes than me tell me who was voicing the center of Iron Frill, Shiori, this episode? Bound to be listed in the credits, but I can’t read their names.

It's Sora Tokui, who also voiced Nico in Love Live.

Also, I'm probably alone on this, but I actually like Ai the most, mostly due to her character arc on Season 1, and having a really determined attitude after episode 7

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

GhostStalker posted:

I mean, multigenerational idol groups are a thing where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time. What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Showa Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Got the eras mixed up there; Ai died in the Heisei era.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
A lot of good Tae voices this episode.

The water gun scene was great. Saki tried to avenge Sakura immediately and Lily shielded Yugiri. :hai:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Willo567 posted:

It's Sora Tokui, who also voiced Nico in Love Live.

Oh, it is Soramaru. I knew she sounded familiar.

narm00 posted:

Got the eras mixed up there; Ai died in the Heisei era.

Thanks, will correct. Dunno how I mixed that up, Showa was Hirohito after WWII, Heisei was his son Akihito.

Sindai posted:

The water gun scene was great. Saki tried to avenge Sakura immediately and Lily shielded Yugiri. :hai:

Right, forgot to mention the FPS framing of that scene and the whole Full Metal Jacket aspect of it.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Apr 22, 2021

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Great episode, and a nice way to do buildup while developing both Ai and Junko.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

No one mentioned how Junko turned off the computer by unplugging it like a grandma?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No one mentioned how Junko turned off the computer by unplugging it like a grandma?

That was one of my favorite parts of the episode. When she saw that her typing was just busted, she gave up and left. It's a great detail.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Fight for your girlfriend, Junko.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Yuugiri is a VTuber now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1_4WA6KRXw

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Other than to be at the top again, would there be any reason why Ai would leave her friends for Iron Frill? We haven't seen any indication that she even wants to do that

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

There's probably a small part of her that misses being on that hardcore level, but her current group was insulted to her face. She loves Franchouchou and her friends; she would never leave them.

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Takoluka posted:

There's probably a small part of her that misses being on that hardcore level, but her current group was insulted to her face. She loves Franchouchou and her friends; she would never leave them.

Yeah. I think Iron Frill's new lead has essentially misjudged Ai, mistaking "wanting to be on their level" with "wanting to join them".

This part of the plot is probably more about Junko's fears and worries, not anything Ai would actually do.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Willo567 posted:

Also, I'm probably alone on this, but I actually like Ai the most, mostly due to her character arc on Season 1, and having a really determined attitude after episode 7

You're not alone. She's very good.

Fun episode this week even though it felt like it was only ten minutes long.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Takoluka posted:

Part of me is worried that Ai will start to think that they want her out of the group. I say this because in the episode preview, there's a scene where the lunch she has spells out the word Hippo, when it was supposed to be Ganbare. My fear is that Iron Frill is going to make Ai think that Franchouchou is sick of her by doing stuff like this so that she'll be convinced to leave them.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

GhostStalker posted:

I mean, multigenerational idol groups where members “graduate” and new ones join all the time are a thing and have been for a while, haven’t they?

What year did Ai die again? She died at the height of Iron Frill’s popularity in the Heisei Era, so mid 2000s? They’ve been around for 10 years or so (since it’s June 2019 at the moment in the anime) which if they’re super popular is not impossible.

Loved the detail where they changed the aspect ratio with letterboxing when Junko was singing her acoustic Showa era idol song, as well as the two metal heads, the Doremi motorcycle gang girls led by Saki’s co-leader’s daughter, and Lily’s giant of a dad were in the opening concert crowd scene. The preview from last week made it seem like this was gonna be solely an Ai episode, but we got a bunch of Junko as well, and I’m not complaining.

Ai died in 2008, shortly after Sakura died--since when Sakura lost her memory she recognized Ai but didn't know about her death.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

That ended up being a very gay episode, especially at the end.

I loving loved it

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Anime has peaked.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
:rock:

HECK YEAH!

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I was really hoping for the punchline of Junko crushing the electric guitar in the room but then she did it on stage and it was even funnier.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Ibblebibble posted:

I was really hoping for the punchline of Junko crushing the electric guitar in the room but then she did it on stage and it was even funnier.

:same:

Still, Mezame Returner electric version was amazing as usual. Also, I feel bad for the person at Saga Arena who has to sit behind Lilly’s Pappy.

Looks like a Lilly episode next week.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The normally-reserved Junko leading a metal song and getting so caught up in the passion of the moment that she smashes the guitar and points the wreck at her girlfriend was easily the best idea in the episode and I kind of wish they'd done more with that kind of vibe while they had it tbh.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now that was a good episode. :rock:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

RIP Kotoro's guitar

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
That was one of Zombie Land Saga's best episodes.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Yugiri making everyone's favorite meal and being the big sister is always endearing.

Also, the "you succ" gag was priceless.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

GhostStalker posted:

Looks like a Lilly episode next week.

At this point Yugiri better get a 4-episode extravaganza if a bunch of the others get multiple arcs before she gets even 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So do the girls look different to whoever looks at them without their makeup? When the cop saw Junko in episode 2 last season, she looked fine apart from the sunken eyes and cheeks. This time she looked awful