Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
nope. I will never agree with this. Im not really interested in bbq if its got to be all difficult. I just want to cook outside with booze in my hand.

I mean i guess I agree, its cheating and I'm cool with that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I'm awake. Hello

pim01
Oct 22, 2002

CancerCakes posted:

I stayed up all night trying to get the Aldi one a few weeks ago. They sold out immediately and grifters were selling them for twice the sale price. So maybe pick one up, if you don't like it you will make some money. Rather someone bought one with some intention of using it.

Plenty of reviews on YouTube I think. The ceramic egg style BBQs have a lot of advantages, but they don't have a lot of cooking area so if you want to be able to cook burgers and sausages for 20 people you are better off with something else. If you want to do great beef joints for 4 people it is perfect.

I've had the aldi one for a couple of years now, it's really really good and super simple to use. Probably use it more than the actual oven at this point (especially now the weather's less Scottish).

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

fridge corn posted:

Been drinking a lot more lately. Up to 2 small glasses of wine a night. Plus the weather has been nice so I had a beer as well today

2 small glasses, AND a beer?!? :eyepop:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Pistol_Pete posted:

2 small glasses, AND a beer?!? :eyepop:

I usually don't drink much of anything at all

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Slab slab slab slab slab slab slabby slabby slab slab.

At least there's a heat 'plume' actually caught the sun a tad yesterday :sun:

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

good lord I hate hey duggee, but not as much as I hate bing

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

Bing is a bratty little oval office, I'd love to drop kick him off a cliff

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

you're all forgetting that peppa pig still exists and really should be hog tied and roasted over a fire pit rather than influencing children

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Salisbury Snape posted:

Bing is a bratty little oval office, I'd love to drop kick him off a cliff

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

I have one of these. Very handy for making pulled pork, and cooking with charcoal is really no massive hassle as long as you use a chimney (if you dont have one get one, it's a life changer compared to e.g. when i was a teenager and we all starved while dad spent like 2 hours trying to get the grill going).

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Nah can't be arsed with that.

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

This is as much as I am willing to do... it has a firey bit and a lid

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

massive knee erection

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

luv 2 have another loving migraine and be calling it a day at 11am

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
You should get a doctor to find out what you picked up from all those slurry pits.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

another wild swimming victim

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I will be borrowing a gas barbecue next month for birthday purposes and only care that it cooks food, legitimacy be damned

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

Witnessed a murder last year and now I have to go to court. Urrrrrrrrrgh.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

I mean once Lizzie, fine. But this is getting a bit ridiculous now.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

My axe slipped.

Repeatedly.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I'm sure the family of the deceased appreciate you making time for them

LizzieBorden posted:

My axe slipped.

Repeatedly.

iirc some guy weaseled his way out of a rape charge once using the 'I repeatedly slipped and fell' defence

kecske fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Apr 21, 2021

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Looking at installing air conditioning to stave off the inevitable 2-3 weeks of intense and oppressive summer we get every year now (which will absolutely get longer in the decade to come).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol there won't be a decade to come

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol there won't be a decade to come

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
We've been saying that for a while now, but things refuse to burn in a cleansing pyre of our shame and resentment that will consume all that we are and the corruption we exude.

Or even nuclear hellfire.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

tried to fix the car door. made it worse. goign to be one of those days. stay in bed for rest of day i think

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Hello sleeping off brain pain wasn't working, so went for a run, threw up in a hedge and feel worse now

ama

NotJustANumber99 posted:

tried to fix the car door. made it worse. goign to be one of those days. stay in bed for rest of day i think

on the tez? (i assume that's the slang name)

LizzieBorden posted:

Witnessed a murder last year and now I have to go to court. Urrrrrrrrrgh.

pls share as much info as you can

and also agree to do any netflix documentaries they invite you on

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Ratjaculation posted:

no and I hope that isnt the slang name. On an old jag xj. the passenger window just does its own thing so I bought a new (old) unit to replace it but I'm a cack handed moron and the wire has come off the little wheel thing and just gently caress it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

The_Doctor posted:

Looking at installing air conditioning to stave off the inevitable 2-3 weeks of intense and oppressive summer we get every year now (which will absolutely get longer in the decade to come).

I have a portable AC unit. Costs about 300 quid normally, old-work sold it to me for a tenner when they were refurbishing. It's a lifesaver.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

feedmegin posted:

I have a portable AC unit. Costs about 300 quid normally, old-work sold it to me for a tenner when they were refurbishing. It's a lifesaver.

Oh, bargain! Yeah, we're looking at costs of portable vs installed. Portable needs the tube out a window, and to get emptied all the time. Actual wall units aren't that much more, but getting a bod to properly install seems to be more than the unit costs.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

I don't know where to look

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

kecske posted:

iirc some guy weaseled his way out of a rape charge once using the 'I repeatedly slipped and fell' defence

He was a Saudi prince or similar, the rules are different when you're rich and royal.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

Ratjaculation posted:

Hello sleeping off brain pain wasn't working, so went for a run, threw up in a hedge and feel worse now

ama

pls share as much info as you can

and also agree to do any netflix documentaries they invite you on

I promise to wear a Dickbutt t-shirt on any Netflix show they invite a on.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

oh no computer posted:

I need to start cycling to work again but my bike needs a service and I keep missing those government voucher deals.

Bikes are very simple machines and if you have even a halfway logical brain you can learn how to service one yourself with minimal tooling. Park Tool has a website with instructions and they also have a youtube channel with videos covering virtually everything. I've been buying their tools for decades and I love that they also did the site and vids for people.

https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help
https://www.youtube.com/c/parktool/playlists

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Bikes are very simple machines and if you have even a halfway logical brain you can learn how to service one yourself with minimal tooling. Park Tool has a website with instructions and they also have a youtube channel with videos covering virtually everything. I've been buying their tools for decades and I love that they also did the site and vids for people.

https://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help
https://www.youtube.com/c/parktool/playlists

I make sure there's air in the tyres and spray the chain with GT-85.... is there much more to servicing then that?
Once it stops braking effectively I'll change the pads but that's not been an issue yet

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

freelop posted:

I make sure there's air in the tyres and spray the chain with GT-85.... is there much more to servicing then that?
Once it stops braking effectively I'll change the pads but that's not been an issue yet

Ohhh loads can go wrong. Basically everything wants to and will break but don't worry about it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

freelop posted:

Cables should be cleaned/lubed/replaced when they stop shifting/braking nicely but that's such a gradual thing most people don't notice until they actually stop shifting or the pull on the brake lever gets really lovely. If you're not replacing cabling entirely you can do a kinda basic 'service' on them by pulling the outers out of the cable stops and blasting the poo poo out of them with WD40, moving them up and down over the inner cables to try and pull out any crap, blast again with WD and then hit with an oil and slip them back where they were. If this doesn't help then you'll have to replace the inners and outers but chances are it'll do the job nicely.

You could treat the drivetrain to a proper clean too on occasion, pound shops sell their version of Muc-Off (which is about £15 a go usually) for a quid and it is honestly the same thing. Combo that with an old toothbrush and knock off the poo poo from the cassette/chainrings, rinse and then hit with WD40 and then a cheap chain oil and you're good to go.

Obviously if your brakes and gears need adjusting, once your poo poo is freshly lubed would be the time to do it.

Bikes aren't hard and I recommend doing maintenance in the sunshine out in the garden with a couple of nice ciders of your choosing.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

went back to the car door for another go and yeah now the wires proper chewed up.