Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Here is the thread for posting about work and it's related awfulness and glories. Because I think I'm going to need a space for this.

I'll start: Work is a fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac

I fart at work and then light a candle.

I'm almost out of candle.

Khad

third time's the HRAAAAAAAAAAAAALF
i have been unemployed for like 3 years :(

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
farted

Escape From Noise

The new brewery I'm at has a fairly knowledgeable head brewer who knows how to properly clean and maintain equipment...too bad the owner makes him follow bullshit SOPs like "cleaning" the bottling machine with cold water. Also I was told they were hiring me on as a head brewer, but I guess I'm like a consultant/assistant brewer? So basically I'm here to tell him what his previous and current head brewers told him and he ignored or actively worked against. Also he's rushing production to try and meet high volume demands well above the brewery's capacity to deliver so the beers have lots of off flavors that could easily be fixed with a long enough fermentation time but cutting corners allows him to push more lovely product out the door. But at least the hours also suck!

Khad

oh this is a fart thread too? perfect

https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiPlainDeerKeepo-N65TncdiXasbQuTm

Khad fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Apr 21, 2021

Escape From Noise

Big Fart Energy

Khad

Escape From Noise posted:

Big Fart Energy

I wish it only happened once

https://clips.twitch.tv/ArbitraryCarefulAnteaterBCouch-eSQ2_OAKbShe7gLK

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

my work computer has to charge so I'm eating cake and peach tea on the porch

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I almost walked out of work twice today because the person they hired to process orders literally cannot retain information no matter who, how and when information is relayed. She's been doing this job, the same thing over and over all day, for t months. She asks me, interrupting my sales calls every FIFTEEN MINUTES to ask the same questions.

I cannot do this poo poo anymore. I literally wrote up documentation, step by step, on how to do everything.

She also passes me every single call that someone says "I'd like to set up an account."

It's usually a single person wanting to buy like, a single item. Instead of taking and processing the order, she sends it to me. When I'm dealing with million dollar a year plus revenue clients.

I don't have time for this. Her bullshit is causing me to miss appointments. She also fucks up every order, and instead of taking reinstruction with grace, she just gets upset. I'll say "hey, [name], would you mind looking at this with me? It looks like the address was supposed to be this. Can you switch it to their requested address? Thanks!" Or "hey friend, can you review this? It looks like you might have miskeyed an item number, they actually asked for this. Can you revise and send them a new invoice, advising them? Thanks!"

Instead of actually doing it she just says "I'm a loving idiot, gently caress me" or "I'm at loving stupid." She's in her late middle age. That poo poo is manipulative as gently caress. Don't do that.

I am really loving good at my job but I need order accuracy and I need someone who can communicate with grace with my customers. She's their first point of contact. Telling someone "oh, you wanna talk to uhhhhhh Hamjobs? Hold on I guess" I would like to see someone, idk, professional. I don't think my boss pays enough for professional though.

I feel like a lovely micromanager. I just want her to like, pick up on what I'm putting down.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like I don't care how she gets to the end result, but, come the damned end result.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

She worked 2 hours of overtime today because she couldn't get her poo poo together enough to just do things in an organized fashion and I'm just getting my teeth because my boss is gonna flip the gently caress out that I'm not getting anything done because I'm getting interrupted all day. He already got mad that I'm touching things when customers call to complain.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

Khad posted:

i have been unemployed for like 3 years :(

I'm unemployed too! Try and enjoy it. You may never be freer.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Why be employed when you could have Ones and just chill

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Like trust me y'all are not missing poo poo

Areola Grande

:)

Areola Grande

chomp cbd gummies, vape we'd and go for lots of walks with my 11 pound best friend. when I'm not doing that I'm either eating, sleeping or playing vidya.

sundown means it's time for drinking Ones and posting, youtube and watching v serious dramas/period pieces. Mortal Kombat 11 online with voice chat muted at least six nights a week. I don't do caffeine so I gotta get my heart beating hard somehow. I think it's important to have one unchill habit to make u appreciate the otherwise chill day.

when it comes to lockdown or long term unemployment, the hardest obstacle to overcome is monotony. forcing myself to go to a new dog park or eating lunch takeout from somewhere weird is usually the best I come up with

no work crew :meowth:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I read some new poems from a former student today and I felt really proud because when I taught them it was their very first time writing poems and now they kick a ton of rear end at it and are getting the recognition they deserve.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Escape From Noise

I'm torn. On the one hand I'm thinking about just quitting and going back to "work" at the company that is forever getting their brewing license "in a few months", or holding out for a while longer to see what pans out. I guess the meeting tomorrow will give me a better idea of where things are headed. My hopes aren't too high though.

Twenty Four

Im going into surgery in a week, expected to have over a month recovery, and we just had a change of management, so even though I've been with the same company for over 15 years It is unknown if I will have a job or pay my bills! :iiam:

Welp thats my work story other then the hundreds of others!

Escape From Noise

Twenty Four posted:

Im going into surgery in a week, expected to have over a month recovery, and we just had a change of management, so even though I've been with the same company for over 15 years It is unknown if I will have a job or pay my bills! :iiam:

JFC. I'm wishing you the best for whatever that's worth

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Twenty Four posted:

God dammit, I'm sorry. Is the company big enough to be required to honor FMLA?

Twenty Four

JFC. I'm wishing you the best for whatever that's worth

Thanks, I appreciate you friend!

Teddy Thunders posted:

God dammit, I'm sorry. Is the company big enough to be required to honor FMLA?

I had to look up what FLMA was and well... it's definitely a big enough company, but probably? I have had years of sick pay piled up since they mandated it by the government, because they never would have given it otherwise, but "if you aren't on the schedule you don't get your sick time" is the policy from district so I never get it even though I usually never use it.

I had to talk to corporate just to get my W2 which is apparently "in the mail" via email to a mystery account that is disabled to access it, half a year past due, still waiting to get it done by the deadline.

Just finished working my birthday, then a double the day after, but hey, WORK CREW! :/

Trying

going to replace the concept of "work wife" with "business bae"

selan dyin

my work is actually fine i guess, especially after covid which resulted in new WFH policy which means i only need to go to the office twice a week now

still: work sucks, the only people dumber than my customers are every other department in my company that isnt mine

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

"did you send that quote?" Yes, here's the timestamp.

"That seems low, change it to this this and this" no that's what they asked for and he's already told me it's too much

"Well, charge him more" no? I don't think so.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
The city's looking to hire a few new cemetery managers because the office is crazy understaffed, and I'm still technically just a groundskeeper but I asked about it and ended up in, like, I guess an internship of sorts. Training to be management. I have to wait like a month until I can apply.

It's sorta nerve wracking cause I feel like I keep making dumb little mistakes when measuring plots and graves and you have to meet with grieving families and that's always a little awkward, but I just keep telling myself it's not something I'm incapable of doing, I'm just worrying about it too much. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks, of course I'm gonna mess stuff up. But I've always felt like I should automatically know how to do stuff and loving anything up means I'm a dumbass. That's an impossible standard to meet though and it's a wack line of thought.

I do enjoy my job for the most part and I got extremely lucky to have an awesome boss. I don't think I'd be doing this if not for him.

Ass-penny

drat, sorry the new gig is such a poo poo show EFN. Ditto about your coworker TT, that's hella hosed that they can't just get the job done. I also have some pretty incompetent coworkers but it is kind of par for course considering it's the food industry. Twenty Four I wish you a speedy recovery and that your new management doesn't cut you on some bullshit. It's wild to me people stay at jobs that long. I think the longest I've worked anywhere is like two years, I always just end up livid at the boss or a coworker or something. Actually this current job is probably the first place I'm going to be at for more than two years.

I assure all of the unemployed goons here though that aside from the financial security, you are really not missing much.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

:peanut:

Into The Mild

home office is awesome.

I haven’t worn jeans for like a year.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I go to work every day. We've been in the office the entire pandemic.

Today: "wow we should look into working from home."

Holy gently caress. Ok. I'm on board.

"Ehhhhh it might hit us on taxes."

THAT IS THE LEAST OF OUR PROBLEMS, I ASSURE YOU.

Ass-penny

Unfortunately I cannot do my job from home so I have been doing pretty much the exact same things I was doing before the pandemic.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
slow day @ work-from-home today. Drinking a spindrift and wishing it was a one instead. Two more hours till trashed o'clock. :pray:

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

rear end-penny posted:

Unfortunately I cannot do my job from home so I have been doing pretty much the exact same things I was doing before the pandemic.

I probably cooooouuuuld but I need to be able to physically see the warehouse because no one has ever done a loving inventory in SIXTEEN YEARS OF BUSINESS

I MIGHT DIE

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

I probably cooooouuuuld but I need to be able to physically see the warehouse because no one has ever done a loving inventory in SIXTEEN YEARS OF BUSINESS

I MIGHT DIE

Oh maaaaan!

Ass-penny

Teddy Thunders posted:

I MIGHT DIE

:eyepop:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

We find poo poo, constantly, that has been hidden for more than a decade. I found a case of a long defunct manufacturer's original formula for a bamboo soap. It was a glycerine soap in a plastic wrap. The plastic had liquefied due to the breakdown of the glycerine soap from being stored in improper, overheated conditions near a hot water pipe for fifteen years. It was awful.

Escape From Noise

Teddy Thunders posted:

We find poo poo, constantly, that has been hidden for more than a decade. I found a case of a long defunct manufacturer's original formula for a bamboo soap. It was a glycerine soap in a plastic wrap. The plastic had liquefied due to the breakdown of the glycerine soap from being stored in improper, overheated conditions near a hot water pipe for fifteen years. It was awful.

Those are never fun discoveries

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Those are never fun discoveries

We did find a box of hitachi magic wands that was shipped to us by mistake so I had fun hooking those up and making horrible vibration noise on the steel plates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80

Friday I crop dusted my entire parts room with a truly foul fart. My manager walked through the entire thing behind me and started complaining. He ran out of the room covering his nose. Ngl, kinda proud of that. :yaybutt: