Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/akaWorf/status/1384232487656640522
:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

gently caress yes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Never has something gotten my hopes up only to immediately crush them as quickly as the posts on this page did.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My favorite pastime in the Trek/Wars/MCU threads is to immediately pump the brakes and dampen people’s expectations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

That's some bullshit by Michael Dorn but he did put #ad in the tweet.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Yeah, IGN talked to ViacomCBS and confirmed that Dorn's tweet has nothing to do with any sort of TV project.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

My favorite pastime in the Trek/Wars/MCU threads is to immediately pump the brakes and dampen people’s expectations.

What a big mean jerk :mad:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Timby posted:

Yeah, IGN talked to ViacomCBS and confirmed that Dorn's tweet has nothing to do with any sort of TV project.

Hopefully we're get a secret Dorn cameo anyways.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Big Mean Jerk posted:

gently caress Morrissey

:yeah:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Alright so this latest episode of Family Guy made me laugh more than once. It was pretty good.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GreenNight posted:

Hopefully we're get a secret Dorn cameo anyways.

Dorn could say anything in the Worf voice and it would be gold.

"I cannot get the gacha waifu that I am hoping for. My credit card is... maxed out."

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

GreenNight posted:

Alright so this latest episode of Family Guy made me laugh more than once. It was pretty good.

I feel they’re usually about the same quality, but everyone has a different one that for some reason works for them.

Nundizo
Feb 9, 2021

finally

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

xerxus posted:

I wouldn't feel too bad.

Will Forte explained what was planned for the cliffhanger, and it's just a reset into the status quo like always...

Yeah, I had complained earlier in one of these threads that the characters in the show had almost zero growth. It really felt like they didn't know what to do with January Jones' character.

Still would have been nice for another season. I'm running out of light-hearted shows to watch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/sallutephilipe/status/1383545371230576645

Hell, who hasn't

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

That sounds like something Michael Scott would do, except instead of a Mustang it would be a Chrysler Sebring.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hughmoris posted:

That sounds like something Michael Scott would do, except instead of a Mustang it would be a Chrysler Sebring.

huh. figured him more of a dodge stratus kinda dude.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Oxxidation posted:

the 2021 Kung Fu show is playing in this room and I feel like I’m losing my mind. there’s half a season of plot and two seasons of racial stereotypes in the first ten minutes. is this normal? am I looking at some avante-garde promo commercial?

I thought of myself to have a very high tolerance for typical CW-trash. Heck, i really liked cheap stuff like The Outpost!
And i kinda liked the original Carradine Kung Fu. A calm pacifist wandering the land and solving problems would be just what we could need in these times, right? Well,...
Now the protagonist is a girl who was sent to China to get married, ran away to a Shaolin-cloister for 3 years, when it was raided by evil Ninjas and a woman in black stola a magical sword. So she went home, to her ditzy sister who is into fashion i think and casually hacks bank computers, her brother is gay and the token asian former "Mathlete" is now a hunk, her mother "has no daughter" cause no arranged marriage i think and her father got beat up cause... and she has to get the magic sword back for... gently caress it i'm out. I don't know when i last or ever turned the first episode of something of but this one broke me.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Speaking of kung fu shows, Warrior is as enjoyable as everyone says. The way they distinguish what language people are speaking and how they transition from Mandarin to English is quite clever. Ah Sahm is cool, you'd expect his character to be a morally upstanding, repressed man, but he's cocky and down to gently caress or smoke weed or whatever and loves to fight people. Young Jun owns too. Looking forward to the episode where Ah Sam kicks the Irish dude's rear end.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

Dorn could say anything in the Worf voice and it would be gold.

"I cannot get the gacha waifu that I am hoping for. My credit card is... maxed out."

I'm in a crowded restaurant with lots of people talking and a TV blaring sports stuff, and I could hear Michael Dorn saying that as Worf as clearly as if he were sitting right next to me

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I don't know why I waited so long to start Brockmire but I'm halfway through S1 and I love it. Azaria is really good and I always like seeing Amanda Peet.

I think maybe I thought it was something other than what it is

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Brockmire's seasons are pretty different from each other. One was easily the best I thought

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I keep confusing Brockmire with Longmire.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Oasx posted:

I keep confusing Brockmire with Longmire.
I was going to make this post. I like to imagine that it's a spinoff.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

misguided rage posted:

I was going to make this post. I like to imagine that it's a spinoff.

Retired Sheriff becomes a baseball announcer, or retired announcer becomes rural Wyoming Sheriff?

The latter could be a Banshee sequel. Retired baseball announcer comes to small town, gets mistaken as the new Sheriff, and just beats people up while slinging witty one-liners and dropping baseball facts.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Hughmoris posted:

Retired Sheriff becomes a baseball announcer, or retired announcer becomes rural Wyoming Sheriff?

The latter could be a Banshee sequel. Retired baseball announcer comes to small town, gets mistaken as the new Sheriff, and just beats people up while slinging witty one-liners and dropping baseball facts.

Brockmire being blasted out of his mind at Standing Bear's bar could be fun.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Hughmoris posted:

Does either show star Breckin Meyer?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/GreysABC/status/1384537398776844288

Celebrity activism or cable news show panel experiencing technical difficulties, you be the judge

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/Snoodit/status/1384922379604750337
What, no, what?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Initial thought is that Hillary Duff is a big downgrade from Greta Gerwig. On the other hand the Gerwig pilot episode was terrible.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I will say, How I Met Your Father is the correct name for the show. How I Met Your Dad was a terrible choice.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's actually going to be about how they chose their church

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

howe_sam posted:

I will say, How I Met Your Father is the correct name for the show. How I Met Your Dad was a terrible choice.

Somewhere there's a chalkboard with Who's Your Daddy crossed out.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Can't wait for the return of Ted Mosby Architect.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its weird to me that they managed to cast a great comic actress as the Mother and then keep going some where else for the spinoff.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
is it going to have a laugh track

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

STAC Goat posted:

Its weird to me that they managed to cast a great comic actress as the Mother and then keep going some where else for the spinoff.

I don't think people would want to watch a sitcom where the main character dies at the end.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

I don't think people would want to watch a sitcom where the main character dies at the end.

In retrospect, most of us would have watched HIMYM if Ted had died in the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
they should use clips of the laughter from Gutfeld! as the laugh-track IMO.