Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
So there's another FF7 remake that looks and plays more like the original and it incorporates all the spinoffs, including Advent Children

https://twitter.com/finalfantasyvii/status/1365070893014220801

Also it's only for mobile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

someone buy me a ps5 so i can play as yuffie.

this

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

that FFXV monstrosity was also just for mobile to begin with. just give it a few months.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

hopefully i'll be able to order a ps5 online one day

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting the itch to finally go back and do Lightning Returns hard mode...it's gonna be sick

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Started Zodiac edition of FF12 on pc. Have not played 12 since it originally released. Game upscales beautifully and all the QOL improvements are sick.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
Fast mode in jrpgs is godly

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/Skazuko/status/1377868800578576393

short hair blonde terra

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I am playing FF5 for the first time ever, I really like it. but I am a bit confused how magic works. you buy magic from shops (weird) but is that all? do you have to "learn" it? one of my characters is already a maxed level black mage. if I buy magic in the future, does she just automatically know it? or do I have to level up with her as a black mage even though she's already at the max level (level 6)?

I just saw that recently in this book that came out a year or two ago. It has a lot of unused graphics from the game that I've never seen anywhere else. here is a link to the english version: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393248296814?epid=239665694

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

I am playing FF5 for the first time ever, I really like it. but I am a bit confused how magic works. you buy magic from shops (weird) but is that all? do you have to "learn" it? one of my characters is already a maxed level black mage. if I buy magic in the future, does she just automatically know it? or do I have to level up with her as a black mage even though she's already at the max level (level 6)?

I just saw that recently in this book that came out a year or two ago. It has a lot of unused graphics from the game that I've never seen anywhere else. here is a link to the english version: https://www.ebay.com/itm/393248296814?epid=239665694

missed the signal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

missed the signal

He's the poster Imp Zone deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

you have to equip the ability (in most versions it's !Black or !White or whatever) or equip the job, and then they know any spell that you "own." you buy some spells from shops and there are some that you have to find (usually weird spells like toad but also some of the higher level ones). so, if you put on Monk as a job and !Black as an ability, your guys can hit hard and also cast black magic. if you put on Black Mage as a job and equip !White as an ability, your guy can cast any black or white spell that you have.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

you have to equip the ability (in most versions it's !Black or !White or whatever) or equip the job, and then they know any spell that you "own." you buy some spells from shops and there are some that you have to find (usually weird spells like toad but also some of the higher level ones). so, if you put on Monk as a job and !Black as an ability, your guys can hit hard and also cast black magic. if you put on Black Mage as a job and equip !White as an ability, your guy can cast any black or white spell that you have.

forgot to mention, although it should be obvious, if you've only learned "!Black2," you can only cast second level spells when you equip the ability, but when you equip the job, they can cast anything.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EDIT: Nevermind

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

thanks a ton! I am going to do all of those. right now I have Bartz with the epic combo of !X-fight and !2-handed so he hits 8 times per turn like my man Locke when he had the gengi glove and the offering.

the game was a little slow to start but its gotten great, I actually like it better than ff4 already, and that's saying something

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

started replaying ffxv with all the DLC, i love cruisin with the boys in the regalia.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Playing LA Noire tonight since I never gave it a fair chance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thinking of playing Type-0 HD bc ive owned it for years due to purchasing it for the FFXV demo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this game is pretty awesome I wonder if the 3houses devs ever referred to it for inspiration.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the setting for this game is cool and there's loads of Menus and Abilities and Spells and Stats and Accessories and all this downtime and planning and setup but the actual combat is so extremely lovely lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

In Training posted:

the setting for this game is cool and there's loads of Menus and Abilities and Spells and Stats and Accessories and all this downtime and planning and setup but the actual combat is so extremely lovely lol.

that sounds like every square psp game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

3rd Birthday is all killer no filler.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah i really wanted to like type 0 but the combat is just so bad lol

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

It's been a while since I've played it and I never got that far into it, but isn't the best strategy against the first boss to just run around in a circle and let your AI controlled teammates kill it? Lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

They should have called it FF Hype-0 because nobody was excited for it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I actually did watch a good speedrun of it where 90% of the game was summoning Shiva and ice skating around

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Eighties ZomCom posted:

It's been a while since I've played it and I never got that far into it, but isn't the best strategy against the first boss to just run around in a circle and let your AI controlled teammates kill it? Lol.

idk I don't think I've reached a boss yet. I did do a weird RTS mission where you slowly walk around a big field looking at soldiers running at each other. Really put it all out there for this one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

do I have to diversify my team bc eventually they force me to use certain ppl in type-0 or can I just find 3 chars I like to use and ignore everything else

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the fist guy, the card guy and some of the sword chicks seem cool.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

In Training posted:

do I have to diversify my team bc eventually they force me to use certain ppl in type-0 or can I just find 3 chars I like to use and ignore everything else

you have to play as everyone at some point :mrgw:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

awesome. I'll just keep using the Yellow ppl then (think they get a Boost? When they're all Yellow?)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

every cutscene in this game is a wordsalad of fantasy empire names for cities countries and regions that have no relation to whatever you're doing, constantly dropping references to generals and leaders that never actually appear in the story, with PS1-tier line pacing where everybody takes a 3 second pause between each line. aLso they cut to black after each NPC is done delivering their lines instead of just cutting between camera angles, even if it's just two people having a conversation in the same room. Starting to think this game is actually certifiably Epic.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

awesome. I'll just keep using the Yellow ppl then (think they get a Boost? When they're all Yellow?)

They're racially ambiguous

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i think im done with this game...im up to chapter 4 and i really cant fin dthe fun in it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Posting the FFXIII-2 ending theme in the crying at video game music thread made me listen to the whole amazing soundtrack and now I'm installing it again. It was my least favorite of the trilogy on the initial playthrough but I still loved it, just not quite as much as the other two. Looking forward to giving it another go and maybe actually clearing all the bonus stuff this time around

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Just got to Galuf's World in FFV, and my monk is starting to fall off in damage output / utility. What's a good job to transition them to / augment them with?

Caithness
Nov 10, 2012

HEY!!!
YOU CAN SEE ME, CAN'T YOU? THEN WHY ARE YOU IGNORING ME!?

VikingofRock posted:

Just got to Galuf's World in FFV, and my monk is starting to fall off in damage output / utility. What's a good job to transition them to / augment them with?

A monk has the highest HP in the game, so they're the most effective at casting White Wind

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

VikingofRock posted:

There's a hidden Mime job in the game you get for beating gogo

Also if you want to level up jobs go to Bal Castle and there's this little spot in the basement that has enemies called Objet d'Arts. Beat them easily by using gold needles on them which conveniently the store in Bal sells. Your jobs will level up like crazy

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

VikingofRock posted:

I seem to recall that Mystic Knight is a good job for damage output around that time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what team sets do you guys like using for the ff6 end game?