Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

Rescue Toaster posted:

I think people have covered most of the legendary old episodes. But if you haven't watched it, Beatniks will always have a place in my heart. It's like the shittiest possible version of A Star is Born's story.

one of my favorite things about this ep isn't even a riff (though the riffs are outstanding); it's the awesome low tech "spinning newspaper" effect joel does with a board on a stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I can't remember if I already said this, but both Fugitive Alien movies are loving stellar (heh)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Rescue Toaster posted:

I think people have covered most of the legendary old episodes. But if you haven't watched it, Beatniks will always have a place in my heart. It's like the shittiest possible version of A Star is Born's story.

Shut up Iris.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I SHOT THAT FAT BARKEEP

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

"Catalina Caper" is the first episode that raises the bar for me.

A movie so white you'd think it was from a universe where Hitler conquered America. Little Richard shows up for a musical number on the party yacht and Crow goes "Thanks! Now leave out the back door"

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

nishi koichi posted:

one of my favorite things about this ep isn't even a riff (though the riffs are outstanding); it's the awesome low tech "spinning newspaper" effect joel does with a board on a stick

Yes the skits are phenomenal too. "Say... if it isn't my very own plasti-faced bug lady!"

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Also Rock N Roll Nightmare stares Jon Mikl Thor, the guy from Zombie Nightmare.

jon mikl thor is great. legit z-grade rock and roll guy whose stage act included bending steel bars with his teeth and blowing up hot water bottles like balloons. absolute chad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZdsnXp8a2w&t=2759s

e: im sorry i forgot about this video which is stupendously good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m0bc3Io10s

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 21, 2021

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its very weird that Jon Mikl Thor starred in just two movies, both with Nightmare in the name that both came out in the same year.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Merlin's Shop of Mystical Wonders might be my favorite episode. That movie is so weird, constantly bouncing from kid-friendly goofiness to brutal murders and tales of guys getting turned into babies for their infertile wives.

I also still think about " Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you." and laugh to myself.

A funny thing is that the original version of the monkey story ends with all the characters dying.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

muscles like this! posted:

Its very weird that Jon Mikl Thor starred in just two movies, both with Nightmare in the name that both came out in the same year.

he and his band were getting traction at the time plus, he's canadian, so he and his band were available for any low budget canadian filmmakers who needed a rock and roll dude who would write the score and flex his pecs in any old script you throw at him

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Another great and freely available episode is The Undead.

A hypnotist manages to send a woman to inhabit the body of a distant relative in the middle ages. This relative is to be executed as a witch, and the movie tries to ask deep and meaningful questions but fails miserably.

It's also famous for the gravedigger, Digger Smolkin, who has embraced his identity as a crazy person and responds to everything along the lines of 'ah, as a crazy person I have no idea of understanding if you are making fun of me or not', as well as singing songs that revolve around people in coffins, rats eating people in coffins etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQgF7vnTG14

Leading to one of the best host segments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EU6Ufu56GCA

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm Cherokee Jack!

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

As a kid, the Santa Claus looking captain in Space Mutiny was the funniest thing in the world to me. Especially "Finally, Christmas comes to Santa!".

My Dad still refers to MST3K as "that show where the guys in the corner make jokes".

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

A Fancy Hat posted:

As a kid, the Santa Claus looking captain in Space Mutiny was the funniest thing in the world to me. Especially "Finally, Christmas comes to Santa!".

the captain is played by cameron mitchell, who had a pretty decent career on broadway and stage in the mid 20th c before transitioning to hollywood, westerns, and as he got older, a lot of very entertaining bad movies

he's the bad guy in kill squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIS48FDzutk

and he's the worlds most pissed off cop in terror in beverly hills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tk-Giofqyc

and he's all over the titan of bad 80's action movie rip offs, deadly prey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQbBULQT3s

pretty sure you can find all of these movies on youtube

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Apr 21, 2021

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

the captain is played by cameron mitchell, who had a pretty decent career on broadway and stage in the mid 20th c before transitioning to hollywood, westerns, and as he got older, a lot of very entertaining bad movies

he's the bad guy in kill squad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIS48FDzutk

and he's the worlds most pissed off cop in terror in beverly hills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tk-Giofqyc

and he's all over the titan of bad 80's action movie rip offs, deadly prey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrQbBULQT3s

pretty sure you can find all of these movies on youtube

It's amazing, going from the RLM thread to this one, and seeing that there are people out there who know bad movies but don't know who Cameron Mitchell is.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

LanceHunter posted:

It's amazing, going from the RLM thread to this one, and seeing that there are people out there who know bad movies but don't know who Cameron Mitchell is.

He's a fuckin legend. I love his roles where he was clearly on set for half a day, sitting in a desk, and just reading off his lines where he has no idea of the context or anything. Bonus points for movies that star Cameron Mitchell but they literally just re-use the same footage of him behind a desk from prior movies.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

LanceHunter posted:

Oh they know Cameron Mitchell. They might not know him by name, but they have all felt the power of his epic semi-sober monologues.

Cameron Mitchell posted:

Who am I? A little man who's spent 27 years of his life as a cop trying to put big shots like you away. 27 years in the filth and dirt of the streets and there ain't no music down there. You watch the people on the streets, killing, raping each other, pumping dope through their veins, while big men like you sit in the fancy penthouses. And yet the poor slobs rot in hell. I know about you. As long as it puts money in your pocket. Today the nobodies who made you rich are gonna win. Die you son of a bitch.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One of my favorite Cameron Mitchell movies is Raw Force. A friend bought me the blu ray based entirely on the cover, not knowing what it was, but figuring I'd be into it. And I was.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

A Fancy Hat posted:

My Dad still refers to MST3K as "that show where the guys in the corner make jokes".

Mine calls it the show with the guy and the bowling pin.

I love it when you notice the same lovely actors in multiple lovely movies. Some off the top of my head:

- Joe Don Baker was in Mitchell and Final Justice (this one is like a gimme)
- Robert Easton was the disgusting redneck farmer in Giant Spider Invasion who also lead the witch hunting mob in The Touch of Satan
- Keenan Wynn the crazy grandpa in Laserblast is the old reporter who gets blown up at the end of Parts: the Clonus Horror
- Bruno VeSota was the fat guy whose wife hates him in Attack of the Giant Leeches, is also the fat gangster in Daddy-o, and was also apparently in The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman, which is so awful I hardly remember anything about it. He was also in Wasp Woman, riffed by Cinematic Titanic
- Dick Contino was the hiked pants star of Daddy-o and supporting no-goodnik in Girls Town
- Clu Gulager was the hippie-friendly head of security in San Francisco International and the murderous land developer trying to drive off Demi Moore and Claude Akins off their airfield in Master Ninja I
- William Sylvester was in Devil Doll, Gorgo, and Riding With Death
- The entire cast of every Coleman Francis movie, notably Anthony Cardoza who had a hand in making at least one of the biker movies in Season 2 (wanna say Hellcats, minimum)

* Master Ninja I & II and Fugitive Alien I & II don't count since they're TV shows repackaged as movies

Am I missing anybody? Beverly Garland was in Gunslinger and Swamp Diamonds, but she's the opposite of lovely so she's not on that list.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

I love it when you notice the same lovely actors in multiple lovely movies. Some off the top of my head:

- Robert Easton was the disgusting redneck farmer in Giant Spider Invasion who also lead the witch hunting mob in The Touch of Satan
- Keenan Wynn the crazy grandpa in Laserblast is the old reporter who gets blown up at the end of Parts: the Clonus Horror
- Bruno VeSota was the fat guy whose wife hates him in Attack of the Giant Leeches, is also the fat gangster in Daddy-o, and was also apparently in The Wild, Wild World of Batwoman, which is so awful I hardly remember anything about it. He was also in Wasp Woman, riffed by Cinematic Titanic
- Dick Contino was the hiked pants star of Daddy-o and supporting no-goodnik in Girls Town
- Clu Gulager was the hippie-friendly head of security in San Francisco International and the murderous land developer trying to drive off Demi Moore and Claude Akins off their airfield in Master Ninja I
- The entire cast of every Coleman Francis movie, notably Anthony Cardoza who had a hand in making at least one of the biker movies in Season 2 (wanna say Hellcats, minimum)

* Master Ninja I & II and Fugitive Alien I & II don't count since they're TV shows repackaged as movies

Am I missing anybody? Beverly Garland was in Gunslinger and Swamp Diamonds, but she's the opposite of lovely so she's not on that list.

How could I have forgotten Daddy-O...

Dick Contino was also friends with crime novelist James Ellroy (LA Confidential) who featured Contino in a couple of his stories. Presumably he slaps an apple out of a lady's hand in one of them.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Whats the movie where the guy is radioactive (?) and there is a fat sheriff? Every time he is in the scene they say 'ARE YOU REEADY FOR SOME FOOOTBAALLLL" ? I feel like I saw that one on TV but could never remember which movie it was from.

I've seen Merlin's Magic Shop, Touch of Satan, The Girl in Gold Boots, Hobgoblins, and Time Chasers too many times. I think they are in the same box set that I used to have.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Whats the movie where the guy is radioactive (?) and there is a fat sheriff? Every time he is in the scene they say 'ARE YOU REEADY FOR SOME FOOOTBAALLLL" ? I feel like I saw that one on TV but could never remember which movie it was from.

Laserblast.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Awesome thanks

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Beverly also appeared in It Conquered the World, with Peter Graves who also appeared in Beginning of the End and Parts: The Clonus Horror (and also had a small voice-over bit in Attack of the The Eye Creatures). She also worked alongside Jonathan Haze (a Corman regular, I think he was in just about all the MST3K Corman movies they did) and Allison Hayes (The Unearthly and The Undead) in Gunslinger (which also had Bruno VeSota in it, IIRC).

Then there's Peggy Webber, who appeared in both The Screaming Skull and The Space Children; and Steve Brodie, who appeared in Wild World of Batwoman and The Giant Spider Invasion.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Beverly also appeared in It Conquered the World, with Peter Graves who also appeared in Beginning of the End and Parts: The Clonus Horror (and also had a small voice-over bit in Attack of the The Eye Creatures). She also worked alongside Jonathan Haze (a Corman regular, I think he was in just about all the MST3K Corman movies they did) and Allison Hayes (The Unearthly and The Undead) in Gunslinger (which also had Bruno VeSota in it, IIRC).

Then there's Peggy Webber, who appeared in both The Screaming Skull and The Space Children; and Steve Brodie, who appeared in Wild World of Batwoman and The Giant Spider Invasion.

My dude :respek:

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

:hfive:

Almost forgot one more Bruno VeSota MST3K appearance: the fat innkeeper who gets his head chopped off in The Undead.

A few others:

-Myron Healey (Mark in The Unearthly and General Perry in Incredible Melting Man)
-Mary Beth Hughes (Kitty Reed in I Accuse My Parents and Terry in Last of the Wild Horses)
-Harvey B. Dunn (Grampa in Teenagers From Outer Space, Mr. Romaine in The Sinister Urge, and Police Captain "He tampered in God's domain" from Bride of the Monster)
- And of course Alan "D'oh!" Hale, who appeared in The Crawling Hand, Angels Revenge, and The Giant Spider Invasion

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

A lot of these movies are made by the same people or studios so there's going to be a lot of the same actors showing up in these movies.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

:hfive:

Almost forgot one more Bruno VeSota MST3K appearance: the fat innkeeper who gets his head chopped off in The Undead.

A few others:

-Myron Healey (Mark in The Unearthly and General Perry in Incredible Melting Man)
-Mary Beth Hughes (Kitty Reed in I Accuse My Parents and Terry in Last of the Wild Horses)
-Harvey B. Dunn (Grampa in Teenagers From Outer Space, Mr. Romaine in The Sinister Urge, and Police Captain "He tampered in God's domain" from Bride of the Monster)
- And of course Alan "D'oh!" Hale, who appeared in The Crawling Hand, Angels Revenge, and The Giant Spider Invasion

Oh poo poo! Ben Murphy was a student-loving professor in Being from Another Planet, in addition to being incredibly mellow secret agent Sam Casey in Riding With Death, too!

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

Prof. Crocodile posted:

How could I have forgotten Daddy-O...

Dick Contino was also friends with crime novelist James Ellroy (LA Confidential) who featured Contino in a couple of his stories. Presumably he slaps an apple out of a lady's hand in one of them.

holy poo poo seriously (not the apple thing)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

When rewatching Eegah! once I noticed that Ray Dennis Steckler (The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies) appears briefly with I believe no lines during Eegah!'s rampage at the end of the movie.

Edit: He had lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCb5rLjtF-4&t=4705s

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Apr 21, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Johnny Walker posted:

When rewatching Eegah! once I noticed that Ray Dennis Steckler (The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies) appears briefly with I believe no lines during Eegah!'s rampage at the end of the movie.

Edit: He had lines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCb5rLjtF-4&t=4705s

He was a camera operator on Eegah. One of his earliest jobs in the business.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

the dream sequence in mixed up zombies is very good. creepy dream logic, weird poo poo. servo has an unironic freakout and everything. it's a shame about the jerkass riffs about the lady dancer in the rest of the ep

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!

Oh poo poo! Ben Murphy was a student-loving professor in Being from Another Planet, in addition to being incredibly mellow secret agent Sam Casey in Riding With Death, too!

And let's not forget Lee Van Cleef in both It Conquered the World and the Master Ninja TV episodes movies.

Also there was Jack Palance wearing the split-top muffin hat in Outlaw and a drug dealer's enforcer in Angels Revenge.

For a non-American flair, there was Sergey Stolyarov, who appeared in two of the Russo-Finnish movies: The Sword and the Dragon, as one of Ilya's friends; and as the title character in the (he's not) Sinbad movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A funny thing about Ben Murphy is that he was on the shortlist for Riker on Star Trek: TNG.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Awesome thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ijHd6qtrE

E: or if you want the whole thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZI96rOPAA

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 21, 2021

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

SPACE HOMOS posted:

Whats the movie where the guy is radioactive (?) and there is a fat sheriff? Every time he is in the scene they say 'ARE YOU REEADY FOR SOME FOOOTBAALLLL" ?

“Alright thunder bucket, it’s time for you to meet your greatest challenge.”

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Bruno VeSota was also in The Undead bringing is appearances to 4 making it the most of any actor

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
I still chuckle every time I remember that Daddy-O was the first movie John Williams ever scored.

"Oh no! John Williams BEFORE he heard Stravinsky!"

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Sourdough Sam posted:

I still chuckle every time I remember that Daddy-O was the first movie John Williams ever scored.

"Oh no! John Williams BEFORE he heard Stravinsky!"

Oh snap that’s right! Does that mean that John Williams wrote Rock Candy Baby? They leave that one off his compilation cd’s...

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

verbal enema posted:

Bruno VeSota was also in The Undead bringing is appearances to 4 making it the most of any actor

Let's celebrate with pure dairy butter, big handfuls of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 30 days!
"Hand over that key, fella. Gym policy."