Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Getting your show picked up by Hulu in 2021 is like getting booked for a gig on the Titanic - after it hit the ice burg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Initially I assumed it was going to be the story of the girl that Barney ended up having a kid with, since we know basically nothing about her and they can do whatever they want. But no, they are actually casting her as The Mother. Which, uh, ok

E: I might be misreading, I dunno. The press releases are way more confusing than they should be

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Apr 21, 2021

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
cracked laid off a lot of their writers and all of their video people then got bought by the company that owns ebaum's world

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
While many people in this thread have probably seen this already, I didn't see this until today, so to people in the same boat as me here is a CineD superstar trying to dunk on Rich and a lesser RLM man and failing badly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71RJJ0umdjQ&t=3715s

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"Mr Bibs you're horribly incorrect" was turned into a gif that was used liberally it owns.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Apr 21, 2021

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
IIRC Mr. Bibs gets dunked on constantly wherever he posts because they're an idiot.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
bring back PreRec but only so Jack can dress as a clown and call luchajones a nonce

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Jose Oquendo posted:

IIRC Mr. Bibs gets dunked on constantly wherever he posts because they're an idiot.

Also MisterBibs never, ever admits that he is wrong, so he's annoying as hell.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

Initially I assumed it was going to be the story of the girl that Barney ended up having a kid with, since we know basically nothing about her and they can do whatever they want. But no, they are actually casting her as The Mother. Which, uh, ok

E: I might be misreading, I dunno. The press releases are way more confusing than they should be

It's written pretty shittily, but the way I read it, it won't have anything to do with the original characters.

I suspect you could slap the conceit of the first show onto a lot of proposals for sitcoms. Just add the voiceover framing device, add in some jokes about the narrator being unreliable, maybe retool an episode or two to be a concept episode like the original had a lot of. I think this is the third attempt to make a new HIMYM?

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Groovelord Neato posted:

"Mr Bibs you're horribly incorrect" was turned into a gif that was used liberally it owns.

This post would have been a great place to liberally use the gif.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Reality Protester posted:

bring back PreRec but only so Jack can dress as a clown and call luchajones a nonce

run that up the flag, i'll salute

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

It's so weird they had Saget be the older dad telling the story to his kids. Your voice doesn't change that much.

BitcoinRockefeller posted:

This post would have been a great place to liberally use the gif.

https://i.imgur.com/Pliu9OG.mp4

Googled it and got it from these very forums lol

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Apr 21, 2021

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Bob Saget should also be the voice of older Hillary Duff

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Lmao loving Mr Bibs

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

misterbibs is a role model for countless gimmick posters across the internet and thus has an important place in the ecosystem

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Groovelord Neato posted:

It's so weird they had Saget be the older dad telling the story to his kids. Your voice doesn't change that much.

I think having a very different narrator voice helps sell the gap in time.

PostNouveau posted:

It's written pretty shittily, but the way I read it, it won't have anything to do with the original characters.

I suspect you could slap the conceit of the first show onto a lot of proposals for sitcoms. Just add the voiceover framing device, add in some jokes about the narrator being unreliable, maybe retool an episode or two to be a concept episode like the original had a lot of. I think this is the third attempt to make a new HIMYM?

I'm kinda surprised that the unreliable narrator flashback structure didn't pick up more steam in sitcoms. Usually when a new format hits it gets milked for all its worth. (See: the faux-documentary style that was all over everything for a long time.)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mister bibs may be horribly incorrect but how many times have the other posters in this very thread have been called out by our RLM (para-social) friends

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Me! Once!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Space Kablooey posted:

mister bibs may be horribly incorrect but how many times have the other posters in this very thread have been called out by our RLM (para-social) friends

I have never been, because I do not engage in social media in an attempt to get the content creators I follow to notice me. I don't even like youtube videos unless it is one of the best videos I have ever seen.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

legitimately was contemplating today about how part of the reason rlm has been so immune to the "cancel culture" drama poo poo that happens to all the other inferior youtubers and "content creators" that get posted in this thread, despite the odd tasteless joke and terrible take, is because outside of the videos they post their sole communication with their audience/fans is a constant message of open contempt and disdain

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

yeah, if mike called out my idiot poo poo, i'd be like hell yes

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

hard counter posted:

yeah, if mike called out my idiot poo poo, i'd be like hell yes

It's like getting pulled up on stage to dance with Springsteen

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

They're pretty polite and businesslike on patreon if memory serves. So while I'm sympathetic to your theory the facts don't really back it up

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

No Mods No Masters posted:

They're pretty polite and businesslike on patreon if memory serves. So while I'm sympathetic to your theory the facts don't really back it up

i'm lumping that in with their videos as an exclusively one-way form of communication

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

legitimately was contemplating today about how part of the reason rlm has been so immune to the "cancel culture" drama poo poo that happens to all the other inferior youtubers and "content creators" that get posted in this thread, despite the odd tasteless joke and terrible take, is because outside of the videos they post their sole communication with their audience/fans is a constant message of open contempt and disdain

there's no mystery here, that's exactly what it is

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Cowcaster posted:

That's probably part of it. But I think the bigger part is that the decision mostly rests with your audience. Anybody whose primary media lens is social justice probably isn't going to be an RLM fan. RLM isn't going to get away with shouting the N word or something, but they probably took a bigger risk not hating the Snyder Cut than when they said John Travolta is "regal" in The Fanatic or whatever.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm thinking more along the lines of how a lot of these people operate on the wavelength that each and every individual member of their audience could be considered their friend, in fact actively encouraging that mindset half the time, probably breeds these psychotic receipt-taker parasocial relationships faster than bacteria in a petri dish of agar, or a baby in one of dom deluise's folds

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Parasocial relationships are extremely unhealthy.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Cowcaster posted:

i'm thinking more along the lines of how a lot of these people operate on the wavelength that each and every individual member of their audience could be considered their friend, in fact actively encouraging that mindset half the time, probably breeds these psychotic receipt-taker parasocial relationships faster than bacteria in a petri dish of agar, or a baby in one of dom deluise's folds

Maybe. But there are plenty of twitch streamers who operate in a super-parasocial way who still don't endure the same kind of cancel-scrutiny and receipt-taking.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'll have to plead ignorance on that front, i'm so old i think twitch streaming is what happens when i forget to take my piss shiver medication

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
The boys are practically textbook irreverent. They aren’t assholes out to hate on anyone or anything, but nothing is sacred.

It seems like the best combination since they aren’t doing anything so massively out of line that the whole world will turn on them, but they also don’t care enough about being NOT offensive to **delete everything** if someone gets mad about Rich Evans

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

When I went to see Weird Al in concert in Milwaukee my friend and I ran into an RLM cast member at the venue and briefly conversed with them. Sadly that cast member was Josh.

That's my story.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Rich and Mike are a match made in heaven.

Mike gives Rich a living because some celebrities signal boosted his Star Wars videos.

You could not write a better character than Rich Evans just is; so Mike has endless content.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

mrbibs would show up to Pre Rec streams for a bit and say really dumb stuff all the time until he got mad enough at people in chat/Rich/Jack making fun of him and he flipped out and said, 'he barely watches RLM videos any more but when he does he makes sure he has an adblocker on!' Like that was some giant own.

And then he never came back and it was good.

bibs is not a gimmick, he's just very, very stupid.

mallratcal fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 21, 2021

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rydiafan posted:

When I went to see Weird Al in concert in Milwaukee my friend and I ran into an RLM cast member at the venue and briefly conversed with them. Sadly that cast member was Josh.

That's my story.

Did his beard smell good irl

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I watch RLM mainly for:

Jay "Jay Bauman is a pretentious film buff" Bauman
Jay "I know the actor from [a sex pervert movie no one ever heard of]" Bauman
Jay "Lmao Joker fans are mad that Jay was wrong about it" Baumann
Jay "Chubby Jay with neckbeard" Bauman
Mike "That reminded me of a Star Trek episode where ..." Stoklasa
Mike "Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, what a hitahahahugh" Stoklasa
Mike "And he is wearing a hambruglarcosutoamuaghhahah" Stoklasa

Rich is the literal gravy on top of that meat and potatoes. Josh and Jack are the carrot sticks no one eats and wilt by themselves.

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo

Galewolf posted:

I watch RLM mainly for:

Jay "Jay Bauman is a pretentious film buff" Bauman
Jay "I know the actor from [a sex pervert movie no one ever heard of]" Bauman
Jay "Lmao Joker fans are mad that Jay was wrong about it" Baumann
Jay "Chubby Jay with neckbeard" Bauman
Mike "That reminded me of a Star Trek episode where ..." Stoklasa
Mike "Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron, what a hitahahahugh" Stoklasa
Mike "And he is wearing a hambruglarcosutoamuaghhahah" Stoklasa

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/1089146322332995586

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I wish my meat and potatoes were covered in Rich's gravy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

SPACE COP. I think the scene of Rich that his fan is looking forward to is drenched Rich, bloody Rich, tighten Rich, tear in eyes Rich, smoking Rich, drinking hard Rich, wearing glasses Rich, naked Rich in freeze, dancing Rich, Running Rich. BOTW has most of the Rich you wanna see too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Deaths stranding would have been much more successful if mads and norman had swapped places. I'm sorry for this controversial gamer view