Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
how good is it that rush limbaugh died
very good
extremely good
insanely good
View Results

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Rush died because he could not breathe and today Derek Chauvin was found guilty.

heh

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
remember that time that rush limbaugh died?

lol

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rush Limbaugh? Are we supposed to know him??

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
More like "no rush to reincarnate, Limbaugh!" :dadjoke:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Posting this while taking a steaming rush.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
It's telling that his fans haven't come out with any great quotes from him. The only memorable things he ever said were egregious assholery. The rest of the time he was just rambling about cigars.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

I was out getting groceries and I saw a fat piece of poo poo in a lifted truck who looked like Rush but then I remembered Rush is dead lmao.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

I was out getting groceries and I saw a fat piece of poo poo in a lifted truck who looked like Rush but then I remembered Rush is dead lmao.

The last time I heard Rush (must have been back in 2009 or so) he was in a tizzy about them needing two Chevy Suburbans to do their grocery shopping and Obama forcing everyone to drive "econoboxes"

What a dumb piece of poo poo he was.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fame Douglas posted:

The last time I heard Rush (must have been back in 2009 or so) he was in a tizzy about them needing two Chevy Suburbans to do their grocery shopping and Obama forcing everyone to drive "econoboxes"

What a dumb piece of poo poo he was.

He had no wife or family. Who was driving the second truck lmao

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
Just checking in to make sure he’s still dead

LOL HE IS!

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

He had no wife or family. Who was driving the second truck lmao

His assistant/show staff that was shopping for him as I remember it. Apparently, shopping for a single still requires two Suburbans.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

His assistant/show staff that was shopping for him as I remember it. Apparently, shopping for a single still requires two Suburbans.

I can absolutely believe that Rush believed that

y’know, on account of his massive, gluttonous rear end (which even as I type and you read this is being redistributed to probably hundreds, or even thousands of hungry worms and other bugs, fuckin lmao)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Fame Douglas posted:

This is another one of those things that makes him sound like he was really playing up his character to a point of absurdity, in a way that his normal listeners would undoubtedly miss.

Don't get me wrong he is still utterly horrible, the world is worse off for his presence, and I am glad he died without spreading his hateful seed. But stuff like this makes me think that he was probably a more skilled satirist than he gets credit for.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Prof. Crocodile posted:

This is another one of those things that makes him sound like he was really playing up his character to a point of absurdity, in a way that his normal listeners would undoubtedly miss.

Don't get me wrong he is still utterly horrible, the world is worse off for his presence, and I am glad he died without spreading his hateful seed. But stuff like this makes me think that he was probably a more skilled satirist than he gets credit for.

None of it came across as satire at all. From what I heard, he seemed to love huge cars that have terrible fuel economy thanks to their air resistance and conservatives were in a real outrage back then about the increased CAFE standards.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Fame Douglas posted:

Apparently, shopping for a single still requires two Suburbans.

This reminds me that back in the mid-90s I used to play this space 4X game where you could design and built fleets of spaceships, and I always named my 2nd best class of mining ships "Rush Limbaugh". Because even as a teen who didn't know poo poo about politics I knew that Limbaugh was fat loud and unpleasant, which seemed appropriate for the ships I was sending to strip-mine an entire planet.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

He held his own listeners is nearly as much contempt as he held liberals and gays and minorities.

That's not really satire. That's just being a monumental rear end in a top hat.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Prof. Crocodile posted:

It's not satire it's just hyperbole.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

lmao this dumb gently caress is still dead good riddance

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Every time I see this thread get bumped it cheers me up.

Rush has never been deader than he is right now.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Johnny Walker posted:

Every time I see this thread get bumped it cheers me up.

Rush has never been deader than he is right now.

just wait until you see what hes got in store for us tomorrow

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
On local conservative radio, they still hold Rush Hours where they play old clips of his over and over, because his followers shill nonstop.

I found out today that one of my professors, a truly great man, is dead. Technically he is alive by intubation, but his family is pulling the plug tomorrow. And I think of how horrible the world will be without him in it. It is a tiny bit of pleasure to know that he, a super open minded and caring dude, got to see the trash that was Rush die. He got to see Trump lose. He did not get to see the verdict for George Floyd's murderer, but he got to see the rest.

May there be no cancer where you are now, Reavis. And may there only be cancer where Rush is.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Cowslips Warren posted:

On local conservative radio, they still hold Rush Hours where they play old clips of his over and over, because his followers shill nonstop.

I found out today that one of my professors, a truly great man, is dead. Technically he is alive by intubation, but his family is pulling the plug tomorrow. And I think of how horrible the world will be without him in it. It is a tiny bit of pleasure to know that he, a super open minded and caring dude, got to see the trash that was Rush die. He got to see Trump lose. He did not get to see the verdict for George Floyd's murderer, but he got to see the rest.

May there be no cancer where you are now, Reavis. And may there only be cancer where Rush is.

Here lies Reavis

He outlived Rush

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ben shapino posted:

Here lies Reavis

He outlived Rush

:911:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
top ten epic fails

1 rush limbaugh trying to breathe

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
"OBAMA is forcing us all to drive ECONOBOXES!!!" - great satirist Rush Limbol.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Robo Reagan posted:

top ten epic fails

BrewingTea
Jun 2, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

top ten epic fails

2. Ted Nugent?

Please?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

please tell me this person never got their money back :pray:

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
That is some dark karma poo poo.

What's wrong, man, don't you want Trump to have all your money? He'll treat you good!

And they pulled the plug on Reavis today. He technically died over the weekend, I mean, he was braindead from the seizures and the cancer. So about on par with most Trump supporters. He will never get to see his youngest daughter graduate high school, or get married, he'll never see his second oldest graduate college. He will never get to be proud granddad to his two little grandkids. He'll never loving SCUBA dive again. I realize he and I last Facebook chatted five weeks ago. had I known it would have been for the last time, I would have made sure to say more than just tease how I got his daughters, years ago, off Disney princesses and into Avatar The Last Airbender, to the point the entire family would watch an episode, even did family Halloween costumes.

But at least he saw Rush and Trump loving lose. At least there is that.

edit: Okay I had to take my mind of things. Is Rush's loving app really pay to play? cause that is the GOP in a nutshell.

Cowslips Warren fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Apr 23, 2021

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sorry about your friend, Cowslips.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/Saab9_3TurboX/status/1387194069865189376

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Nice

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Your weekly reminder that the mortal remains of Rush Limbaugh are putrefying nicely into an unrecognisable soup of pathogens, the first step in a procession of many that will eventually lead to the utter dissolution of every iota of knowledge that he ever even existed at all.

Sure, this happens to all of us. But it happened to him before me, lmao.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Why did the chicken cross the road?

Because Rush is still dead.

Knock Knock
Who's there?
Rush?
Rush who?
I'm Dead

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
He is dead and the world is a better place for it lol

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

Every time I think about Rush being dead it makes me smile. Then I think about how every day he gets just that much deader and it makes me smile more.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Who is your Donky Kong? quak quak

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hes dead lol

IDIOT!!!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006