Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Spiritus Nox posted:

You know, Fern, Stark isn't five, I don't know if this sort of babying is really the basis you want for a healthy relationship

If you don't want to be treated like a child, don't sneak some forbidden night juice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

You know, Fern, Stark isn't five, I don't know if this sort of babying is really the basis you want for a healthy relationship

dont yuck their yum

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Chapter 47

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The very first page killed me.

Oh god the last page too. Evidently something about Stark just brings out the philosopher in everybody.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 21, 2021

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

I love all these shithead mages

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

drat, Stark is popular.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
The opening gag is fantastic

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
This series is goddamn incredible.

Fern just letting Wirbel drag Stark off was ice cold.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
Today's episode in which Fern gets Hangry and sells Stark into servitude.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

pnumoman posted:

The opening gag is fantastic

Watch that guy be pivotal for this current plot. or maybe he really is just some lonely old man. Who can say with this story?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Watch that guy be pivotal for this current plot. or maybe he really is just some lonely old man. Who can say with this story?

Maybe Stark. He has reached enlightenment, after all.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Chapter theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhY8xwIuMOQ

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL
New Chapter: I probably chose the wrong people to follow...

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Masterpiece

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I can't believe we finally learned the deepest of Frieren lore: the reason she always falls for mimics.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Ah mimic in full HD

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

f's in chat

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

I can't believe we finally learned the deepest of Frieren lore: the reason she always falls for mimics.

She and Bullwinkle J. Moose would get along surprisingly well, it seems.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's so beautiful to see again.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Dear god. Himmel was a completionist.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
He was probably super disappointed at how easy the demon lord fight was since his whole party was overleveled.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Sindai posted:

He was probably super disappointed at how easy the demon lord fight was since his whole party was overleveled.

Oh my god, I will be sorely disappointed if that isn't what actually happened in the story.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

I Am Fowl posted:

Dear god. Himmel was a completionist.

Truly a hero

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

"Do you have a bigger demon lord? I mean, I completed all the fishing sidequests, maybe he could, I don't know, turn into some kind of whale monster?"

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
"There's gotta be a secret boss somewhere..."

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Sindai posted:

I went back and checked, and can't believe that gag started in chapter 1 only to be paid off now.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Sindai posted:

If getting mimicked is just unpleasant, not dangerous, she's not even wrong to keep trying for it.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Foxfire_ posted:

If getting mimicked is just unpleasant, not dangerous, she's not even wrong to keep trying for it.

Maybe, without help it just takes a few days for the mimic to bore itself and do something else.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Those teeth look scary but considering the lack of blood mimics either have zero jaw strength or every part of them has the consistency of soft rubber.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

It's dark! And scary!

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
New chapter is up.

https://reader.kireicake.com/read/frieren_at_the_funeral/en/0/49/page/1

Denken's team is fuuuuuucked.

Warden fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 11, 2021

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope clone Frieren is super good natured and just interested in how the clone magic works.

Also the mimic lore continues to be on point.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Making up for all those mimic-less chapters.

Well, can Frieren really be duplicated or is it just a Frieran?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Hypocrisy posted:

Making up for all those mimic-less chapters.

Well, can Frieren really be duplicated or is it just a Frieran?

Putting my money on the real Frieren bumbling through and nuking the "inferior" copy

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Fern is going to see the truly emotionless version of her goofy master and kill it

somehow

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I've heard of "Fear more the enemy you know" but this is ridi-cu-lous. :imunfunny:

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Didn't Frieren mention before the test started that even someone like her could be bested by other mages? Maybe someone in Denken's party knows a spell that can defeat the clone but needs help from the others to set it up.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I gotta say ancient dungeons that employ doppelgangers to ward off intruders is a niche design choice but it's always great. RIP Denken's team though, because usually the clones only fight the people they are modeled after.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

amigolupus posted:

Didn't Frieren mention before the test started that even someone like her could be bested by other mages? Maybe someone in Denken's party knows a spell that can defeat the clone but needs help from the others to set it up.

I think I recall Frieren giving Fern a lecture at some point about never getting complacent and telling Fern the exact number of mages who she recognized as having been superior to her.