Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

doctorfrog posted:

the milk looked green to me, and the space seal looked about like the average star wars fan, so I just assumed it was a covert joke about getting more money out of its fans.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Apparently they filmed it with white milk and changed it in post.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Imagine being the special effects artist who got that job.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

It was a cool and good scene imo.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I've seen people have success finding luke skywalker in the past by sending out thousands, perhaps millions of probe droids in every conceivable direction.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

reignofevil posted:

I've seen people have success finding luke skywalker in the past by sending out thousands, perhaps millions of probe droids in every conceivable direction.

that really only works if you're the dominant force in the galaxy, with a nearly limitless budget - hey wait a minute :thunk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Man finding Luke Skywalker didn't matter one bit after all? Remember that.

I don't.

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!
The whole 'Luke shows up and faces down the whole first order, restoring hope to the galaxy narrative kind of falls apart when you have to acknowledge that by the time Luke showed up, 95% of the Resistance was already dead.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
The entire resistance at that point was able to fit in the Falcon.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

SolarFire2 posted:

The whole 'Luke shows up and faces down the whole first order, restoring hope to the galaxy narrative kind of falls apart when you have to acknowledge that by the time Luke showed up, 95% of the Resistance was already dead.

Yeah, but that's the Resistance, who don't really need help from this guy:

Meanwhile the Galaxy at large is kinda hung up on this guy:

Who's actually like this guy:

But gets mistaken for this guy:

Angry Salami
Jul 27, 2013

Don't trust the skull.

SlothfulCobra posted:

I thought it was weird that after the throughline of the first movie was ostensibly that Luke had gone missing and the not-rebels were going through a lot of trouble to find him, Luke's on a pretty populated planet, and it's apparently one of the most sacred sites to the Jedi.

Maybe hire directors who will get along if you want to tell a coherent story over multiple entries.

It's inconsistent even within the single movie. Luke is so horrified by what he almost did that he goes out into the wilderness to die... and by wilderness, we mean somewhere literally within walking distance of a sizable village.

Like, what are the fish-nuns even doing in the movie, other than providing occasional comic relief when Rey repeatedly almost kills them due to her incompetence?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:crossarms:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/this-star-wars-death-star-wristwatch-costs-150k

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Mar 26, 2021

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

People pay crazy money for watches. People pay crazy money for Star Wars stuff. People pay crazy money for movie props.

This is all three so it's honestly not that weird of a price tag.

Some moron paid 150 times as much for this ugly loving thing:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Angry Salami posted:

It's inconsistent even within the single movie. Luke is so horrified by what he almost did that he goes out into the wilderness to die... and by wilderness, we mean somewhere literally within walking distance of a sizable village.

Big Thoreau vibes here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Considering he wasn’t born yet...

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Considering he wasn’t born yet...

How can that guy use a lightsaber at all with those floppy-rear end Spirit Halloween fingers?

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I mean look at that big ol' grin it's probably the first time they've ever needed anybody bad enough that he gets to go swing the laser sword.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Splint Chesthair posted:

How can that guy use a lightsaber at all with those floppy-rear end Spirit Halloween fingers?

with the force you loving dipshit!! DUH!!!!!!!!

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

There's a reason Kit Fisto gets punked almost immediately by Sheev...

...floppy wet fingers struggling to grip a stiff saber

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Nautolans , an amphibian species, actually have a superb grip

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

moist turtleneck posted:

Nautolans , an amphibian species, actually have a superb grip

Nice name/post combo

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Greedo's gloves were even worse about being overly long, although you don't see much of them.

Not as bad as this guy though.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Splint Chesthair posted:

It always annoys me how bad fake hands are in movies.

I mean, prosthetics like this would be simple to adapt to making an actor's fingers longer and they're solid as hell:

If you want even longer, there's stuff like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFVBpgU3aos&t=9s

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

:okpos:

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gorKSnbCb2g

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Warning: This links directly to CSPAM's Trump Thread so click through and be warned but it's some really good work.

samantonio posted:

Buddy of mine does 3D print stuff. Just finished this off.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why would there be a stormtrooper helmet on a skull

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

That explains a lot about stormtrooper accuracy

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's why the Black Series ones are ridiculously big. To be able to see out at all they need quite a lot of space around your head.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

If you draw a human head with the wrong proportions for the helmet, it doesn't fit. News at 11.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We need men with the smallest foreheads in the empire for our elite forces!

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
It's the nose that's the problem. It's hard to get close to the lenses in that shape of faceplate.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
Just get some pro boxers.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
https://vid.pr0gramm.com/2021/04/21/7391518c3fcb2c24.mp4

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

lmao, I'd watch this movie

indigi
Jul 20, 2004