Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

qirex posted:

my favorite snake experience was there was this guy in my freshman dorm who had some big snake, I think it was about 5 feet and it got loose one day and when we found it it was in someone else's room chilling over one of the pipes used for the under-floor heating system and I'd never seen a live snake in a perfectly straight line

my favorite snake experience was a roommates bf driving up from whereever he was from to bring a new pet snake and he parked the car and came in to relax and get a bite to eat after the long drive and the snake got out of the lovely little box the dude was keeping it in and wrapped itself around the transmission to keep warm. He ended up putting the car up on jackstands for a day trying to coax it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

explaining this to the neighbors was a good time

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

qirex posted:

big snake, I think it was about 5 feet by
lol this snake used to live in my apartment while her owner moved to Berlin and got permits sorted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qapy28VbL6w

She was 16 feet and she did not like me

One of ours (unagi or the one my wife foolishly let me name) liked to escape and hide in the toilet

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

lol this snake used to live in my apartment while her owner moved to Berlin and got permits sorted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qapy28VbL6w

She was 16 feet and she did not like me

One of ours (unagi or the one my wife foolishly let me name) liked to escape and hide in the toilet
good lord, did you have to farm rabbits to keep it fed?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I'm being cyberbullied :cry:

i am avenged!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

My brother-in-law is running in the municipal elections (SDP) and called me to ask about photo editing for ads and also Facebook... marketing... things?

I told him to contact, like, the party, because they've got people who actually deal with that sort of thing. I make really nice terrible DJ posters but who the gently caress knows about Facebook marketing.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What the gently caress is a Facebook "room" anyway? Do they even exist or was he conflating it with something else?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

qirex posted:

good lord, did you have to farm rabbits to keep it fed?
The first month her owner came by to feed her and dispose of the football-sized horror turds but after that a friend of hers came by to take care of feedings and such because like I said, she did not like me

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

how are people still so bad at zoom, it's been a full calendar year

had a big allhands earlier in the week maybe 150 people and the amt of folks who just left poo poo unmuted was wild

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

because like I said, she did not like me

what does snake dislike look like

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

graph posted:

targeted indifference

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

graph posted:

ahem

“hisssss leave me alone lads”

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

graph posted:

Hissing and one one occasion striking at me through the plexiglass of her enclosure

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

What the gently caress is a Facebook "room" anyway? Do they even exist or was he conflating it with something else?

it’s just their group video chat thing as far as I know

I think they rolled it out in response to clubhouse getting more popular, at least they announced it in the same timeframe as twitters lovely thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

when i was a kid i caught a garter snake in the woods and it peed all over me and apparently snake pee smells absolutely terrible and is really oily so it doesn't wash off. gross.

e: oh i guess it wasn't pee

quote:

These snakes will also discharge a malodorous, musky-scented secretion from a gland near the cloaca

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

malodorous musk

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
elongated musk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i made the mistake of picking up a garter snake once and yeah all these years i guess i just thought their pee smelled really bad

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

rotor posted:

i made the mistake of picking up a garter snake once and yeah all these years i guess i just thought their pee smelled really bad
Turns out it was your upper lip all along 🤷🏻‍♀️

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Dear Diary,

Today I learned an important lesson about snake piss. As it turns out,

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

haveblue posted:

elongated musk

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i grew up in south florida and every other week or so the local news would have a story about someone pulling a 15 foot python out of their toilet that someone else flushed when it was only a couple feet long

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

A buddy of mine is an ex-snake person. Luckily he has found a relatively normal existence post snake ownership. My gf used to get offered lots of exotic animals to take home from work that people didn't want or couldn't care for and thankfully she has refused them all. I don't want to be a bird person by proxy. Or even worse, a lizard person. We did almost take a 3 legged cat though and I kinda wish we did.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Also mediaphage what kind of birds are those? I guessed budgie or parakeet or lovebird but none of those look correct

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this forum used to have "snake people" as a word filter for something we were trying to discourage usage of (can't remember exactly what, probably SJW or similar) and it's making this conversation extra fun

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

wasn't it for millennials or something?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

haveblue posted:

this forum used to have "snake people" as a word filter for something we were trying to discourage usage of (can't remember exactly what, probably SJW or similar) and it's making this conversation extra fun

it was sjws and skeleton warriors iirc

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gnossiennes posted:

wasn't it for millennials or something?

yep lol

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

haveblue posted:

It was millennials

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

Also mediaphage what kind of birds are those? I guessed budgie or parakeet or lovebird but none of those look correct

they look like parrotlets to me :3:

i really would like pet birds but i feel like i don't have the living arrangement to do right by them. all birds should be allowed to fly obviously, and parrots are gregarious and live in huge flocks in the wild, and i feel like my landlords wouldn't appreciate twenty squawking green birds zooming all over my apartment 24 hours a day.

i think i'm gonna start feeding the local crows though. i want them to be my friends

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

sneks can be really pretty

green tree python (jasper)

wild diamond python

blue krait

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my dad used to bring home snakes and turtles he found on job sites for me to gawk at. once he came home with a snapping turtle that took up most of his truck bed and i still have no idea how he got it in there without losing a hand or worse. my mom made him take it back to where he found it basically as soon as he pulled in the driveway.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

sneks can be really pretty

green tree python (jasper)

wild diamond python

blue krait

Why don't you kiss the snake if you think it's so pretty?

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Ansible Adams posted:

my dad used to bring home snakes and turtles he found on job sites for me to gawk at. once he came home with a snapping turtle that took up most of his truck bed and i still have no idea how he got it in there without losing a hand or worse. my mom made him take it back to where he found it basically as soon as he pulled in the driveway.

I was on a site visit to a substation to provide construction support. One of the electricians found a snake skin in the cable tray inside the control house that was over six feet long. They attached it to a control panel with a magnet

I was very grateful not to be the one pulling new cables for that job

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i don't mind snakes but i prefer barriers between me and them. one day coming back from doing field work for my limno lab i was reinflating the boats in the greenhouse on top of the bio building when out of nowhere a massive gunshot sound

it was the illegal python one of the professors had brought back from doing research in south america. massive as gently caress, it'd been a while since the last feeding and it hit the glass with its mouth open right at my face when i walked past

Sagebrush posted:

they look like parrotlets to me :3:

i really would like pet birds but i feel like i don't have the living arrangement to do right by them. all birds should be allowed to fly obviously, and parrots are gregarious and live in huge flocks in the wild, and i feel like my landlords wouldn't appreciate twenty squawking green birds zooming all over my apartment 24 hours a day.

i think i'm gonna start feeding the local crows though. i want them to be my friends

you should, corvids and corvidlikes are lovely and can be powerful friends with sufficient motivation (i.e., food)

PokeJoe posted:

lineolated parakeets, or linnies for short.

52 grams of wonder

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Never heard of them, neat.

My dad's friend had a parrot that would mimic the microwave ding and a ringing phone and then laugh at you when you tried to answer the phone or looked in the microwave.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PokeJoe posted:

My dad's friend had a parrot that would mimic the microwave ding and a ringing phone and then laugh at you when you tried to answer the phone or looked in the microwave.

this thread bout to collide with the yosparents thread

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Why don't you kiss the snake if you think it's so pretty?

sure, why not, you can kiss a boa or python that's fine. not the krait though, that one is deadly venomous (you'd probably be fine like those people handling those blue octupus)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

PokeJoe posted:

my mom had a neighbor with a parrot who would do fax machine noises all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

lmao owns