Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
HIMYM is one of those shows I just couldn't get in to.

HIMYB(rother), now that is a show I would watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Jeopardy/status/1384945027328053262

They did it lads

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Joe Buck? Really? Other than LaVar what a piss poor list.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
So the job is either Jennings or Burton right?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Can’t wait for Joe Buck to break out his loud af football voice.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
gently caress yes LeVar Burton

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Joe Buck will be fine, he's annoying when you have to listen to him fill air for 4 hours but as far as "presenter skills" there's a reason he's Fox's main guy for all sports.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

howe_sam posted:

I don't think people would want to watch a sitcom where the main character dies at the end.

All do eventually off screen. It's fine.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Joe Buck as the host of Jeopardy is somehow both the last person I would have picked and yet somehow makes complete sense.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Not Kenneth the Page

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

X-O posted:

Sometimes they go back to their home planet.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Azhais posted:

Brockmire's seasons are pretty different from each other. One was easily the best I thought

Its like sequels in a franchise where the 9nly constant is Brockmire.

Personally love that idea for a show and its prob why it remained so fresh for 4 seasons

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Started working through Brockmire because it keeps coming up here. This poo poo is really good :thumbsup:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aardvark! posted:

Started working through Brockmire because it keeps coming up here. This poo poo is really good :thumbsup:

Yeah, Hank Azaria's whole career has been building up to him being the perfect alcoholic baseball announcer

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
I would watch Brockmire but I literally can't figure out how to get the PS4 hulu app to recognize my Disney+ subscription and let me watch stuff

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I can't really defend my position here, but I'm all-in on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFgT5r2BzCs

Yeah they'll probably just make a bunch of dumb crass jokes and not have anything particularly clever up their sleeve, but the trailer really really nails the Archie tone and vibe.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I am very happy to see more people getting into Brockmire.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Ted is back

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auxeLrtk7tk

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

swickles posted:

So the job is either Jennings or Burton right?

I don't think it will be Jennings, but it won't be Burton and Jennings is more likely than him. Sony / CBS wants someone who can be the show's anchor for another few decades, and Burton is 64. Beyond that, they aren't going to pick someone whose name overshadows the show. The permanent host will be someone that people kind of recognize in an "Oh, that person" kind of way, but not a household name.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Timby posted:

I don't think it will be Jennings, but it won't be Burton and Jennings is more likely than him. Sony / CBS wants someone who can be the show's anchor for another few decades, and Burton is 64. Beyond that, they aren't going to pick someone whose name overshadows the show. The permanent host will be someone that people kind of recognize in an "Oh, that person" kind of way, but not a household name.

I haven't been keeping a close track of the guest hosts, but who among them is in the realistic "multiple decades as host" kind of age range?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Didn't see a bunch of 20-30 yr old hosts. The football dude could do it for 20 years if that's what he and they wants.

Sumo
Jun 17, 2005

Omg yes

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ShakeZula posted:

I haven't been keeping a close track of the guest hosts, but who among them is in the realistic "multiple decades as host" kind of age range?

This is where CBS has really botched things on the PR front. They were auditioning people last year, when Trebek's cancer got worse. These guest host shots aren't auditions (at least the first round wasn't, I don't know what Buck is talking about regarding the permanent job, considering he's the god king of Fox Sports), it's the producers trying to juice the ratings and finish out season 37 while trying to get a handle on any other changes that might be made for season 38.

Timby fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Apr 22, 2021

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DigiDaunted/status/1385004431125712900

lmao

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Behind the Bastards just did a two-part episode on Dr. Oz and it’s uh wow

what the hell man

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

X-O posted:

Nandor, Laszlo and Nadja will never die, bub.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani, and Jason start their show already dead.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Escobarbarian posted:

I am very happy to see more people getting into Brockmire.

Have you checked out his podcast? It started a while ago as a one of as part of Dan LeBatard's show, and when he left ESPN Dan signed him to his new media company (along with Michael Schur and Adam McKay among others). So now its a weekly podcast, entirely in character, and he just spent the first ten minutes of his new one bitching about Joe Buck hosting Jeopardy and threatening to go full Turd Ferguson on him if he ever ends up a contestant.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

I like that (Hannibal season 3 spoiler) Abigail is the only one that dies after season 2, the rest of the characters just get messed up and deeply existential. Season 3 in general is very dark, its fully inside its own world now

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

mistermojo posted:

I like that (Hannibal season 3 spoiler) Abigail is the only one that dies after season 2, the rest of the characters just get messed up and deeply existential. Season 3 in general is very dark, its fully inside its own world now

Not sure if you've finished Season 3 yet from your post so if not then avoid this since it's a spoiler from the end:

I feel so bad for Chilton, which is something I never expected when i began watching the show. Somehow he ended up being my favorite character?!?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Every scene with Gillian Anderson is ridiculous. I don't know what her character is supposed to be. Every line is kind of menacing somehow.

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Mu Zeta posted:

Every scene with Gillian Anderson is ridiculous. I don't know what her character is supposed to be. Every line is kind of menacing somehow.

Yeah, season 3 climbed up its own butthole. Rewatching season 1, Gillian played a relatively normal psychiatrist that spoke normally.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

HOLY gently caress posted:

Not sure if you've finished Season 3 yet from your post so if not then avoid this since it's a spoiler from the end:

I feel so bad for Chilton, which is something I never expected when i began watching the show. Somehow he ended up being my favorite character?!?

Him and Laurence Fishburne are the only characters who aren't weirdo psychos by the end.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Jack vs. Hannibal scene in Season 3 is so loving good. Three seasons worth of catharsis.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I just binge watched the entirety of Justified over the last couple weeks, and I really enjoyed it for the first couple seasons, but feel like it never hit those heights again. I know thinking 2 is the peak is conventional wisdom (as is thinking 5 is the worst), but one reason I think I liked 1 more than the rest is because having more episodic stuff actually seemed like a positive for this show, which is an opinion I pretty much never have. The season long plots just felt kind of stretched/exhausting to me, and led to Boyd in particular being overused/overexposed (despite how good Walton Goggins is) which hurt season 6 a lot imo, where this often desperate/pathetic small town crook who's kind of failed upwards (if that) for a while is public enemy #1 instead of the seemingly more dangerous Markham. It just feels really artificial how the final season switch was flipped and suddenly poo poo everyone ignored about Boyd for years really mattered to everyone, but also Boyd never really being in the driver's seat for long (or a threat to Raylan at all really) in the season where he was the big bad felt weird.. I feel bad for the actors who played Tim and Rachel, since on most shows they would have seen more screen time as the seasons went on, but between Raylan, Boyd and whatever seasonal villains were around, they (especially Rachel) were barely even characters.

I'm enough of a sap that I was sad it didn't work out with Raylan and Winona, even though he absolutely didn't even deserve another chance with her after not even visiting her and their daughter when he was in Florida in season 5. Some of his issues with putting work first in earlier seasons felt 'justified,' but he seemed like an increasingly obsessed weirdo in 5 and 6.

To be fair, i could also like the earlier seasons the most because watching six seasons in two weeks was too much and that's why later seasons felt exhausting as much as anything. :shrug:

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hughmoris posted:

Yeah, season 3 climbed up its own butthole. Rewatching season 1, Gillian played a relatively normal psychiatrist that spoke normally.

I agree, season 3 is amazing

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
It'll never happen but Fuller's take on Hannibal, Clarice and Jame Gumb would have been absolutely fascinating to watch

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It would just be Hannibal performing a sex change operation on Buffalo Bill that results in changing his name to Clarice.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/RulingSports/status/1385634517419905032

That's powerfully cursed content right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Back in my day, we did superhero themed monster trucks, and dagnabit! that was good enough for us!