Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaevolus
Apr 16, 2007

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not thinking to cover my dressform before hopping onto an emergency Zoom call?

Could she not have just moved the mannequin or the camera for a few seconds? Having underwear in the background is just a minor "woops", dude has broken brains.

He's responding like there's a giant purple dildo in the background, not this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

From the local advice column, not quite as good as our usual fare, but interesting.

The columnist rightly identifies that this young couple isn't pregnant, nor has discussed marriage or starting a family yet.
There's... a lot here. I especially enjoy "Well, she thinks I'm cheating so I might as well just cheat".

Soon to be ex husband? My bet is she cheated on her husband with this guy and now she's paranoid and projecting. Cheaters think everyone is a cheater.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Scaevolus posted:

Could she not have just moved the mannequin or the camera for a few seconds? Having underwear in the background is just a minor "woops", dude has broken brains.

Also: this was after work hours, she was doing something non-work related and told to dial back in for something and this dude's acting like she wasn't doing them a huge loving solid.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Holy gently caress why didn't anybody stand up for her during the call. Office politics are so loving stupid

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Hughlander posted:

AITA for not thinking to cover my dressform before hopping onto an emergency Zoom call?

I read this and became instantly angry. I hate men like that. Oh no, it's a bra, on a mannequin, get over yourself.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Hughlander posted:

lmao, I would be openly laughing at that dude for making his weird boner over a mannequin in a bra everybody else's problem if I were in such a zoom meeting.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Scaevolus posted:

I apologized and turned off my camera.

He still didn't drop it after it was on camera for 5 seconds.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
They intruded into a woman's off-work hours and she had a hobby item in the background that is about as revealing as walking through the clothing section of a department store. This lady might consider going to HR before this pantywaist does

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

sephiRoth IRA posted:

Tracks with him having lustful thoughts about a mannequin with a bra on

No, you see, the bra was her bra which she had stuffed, which meant he had no choice but to think about his colleague's giant hooters.

Isn't there a passage in the bible where some guy is like "I'm having lustful thoughts because I look at women" and Jesus' advice was to remove his eyes?

Anyway, mystery time:

quote:

So recently I just bought a house and everything seemed fine at first. All until one tuesday I was backing up from my garage when I saw a guy leaning against a Toyota Camry staring my car down. I pull my car out and roll down my window to ask him if he needs anything and he just says"no sir,have a good day." I then asked him politely if he could leave and he didn't respond. He just stared at me for a good 30 seconds. I started to get out of my car and confront him but as soon as he saw me go for the door he got in his car and drove off.

I was so rattled I called in sick to work and called the police. They said i was probably being scouted for a burglary,which made sense. I had my brother in law come down and stay with my wife to help comfort her and I went and bought a ring camera set. After we settled down everything seemed to go back to normal until Sunday. I was watching the cheifs browns game when the same man peeked through my front window and stared at me and started laughing. I quickly went to grab my gun but when I turned around he was gone. I called the police and they took the ring footage to try and track him down. Me and my wife decided to stay with family until it's solved. Everything seems to be normal right?

Then last night at 2:00 am I get a call from a unknown number asking if I am home. I ask who this is and they hang up. I notify the police but they say there is little they can do. I really love the neighborhood besides this and I don't wanna quit my job but I am just pondering moving out of state and changing numbers. I have a baby on the way and can't take my family's safety for granted. Is there absolutely any advice you guys could give me help guide me through this? Thanks and God bless.
And the answer:
UPDATE

quote:

So about 2 weeks ago I posted in this subreddit about my creepy experiences. basically A man started harrasing me and my pregnant wife at our house. Anyway,one redditor asked about my wife's occupation,and if maybe it can get us some hate. That turned out to be true. My wife is a councilwoman in a really conservative town,and she is the only democrat politician of any kind in the region. I took all of your advice,I bought a total of 18 cameras,bought my wife a handgun,and reported my suspicion to the cops. After analysis of our ring video camera footage of the man,they found him. Apparently he is a member of some alt right group called a groyper? I've never heard of them,but I guess they are very popular in our state. Anyway,thanks to you all me and my wife get to welcome home our baby girl Thursday,with no fear of that creep anymore. God bless you all❣️

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

That guy is now forced to imagine that lady in her bra at all times, she has ultimately sexually harassed him if you really think about it

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Hughlander posted:

I apologized and turned off my camera.

He still didn't drop it after it was on camera for 5 seconds.

She turned off the camera and he yelled because having the camera on is a requirement for WFH.
He wanted to see the titties *and* complain about it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Some people took extended WFH to mean that your home is now literally an extension of your office and has to meet the same standards at all times (these people are wrong)

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

old people get mad about WFH because they had to do 30 years in a lovely office and they want everyone else to go through it as well

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for telling my dad his masculinity is too fragile?

quote:

So my whole life I've known that my dad was a homophobe. No one else in my immediate family is, and no one really talks about any kind of lbgtq+ topic around him so it doesn't really come up a lot with him. But whenever anything "gay" happens around him he starts on a small rant.

So anyway. After living with this my whole life, I am now 24(F) and I have a one year old little girl who LOVES the Wiggles (a kids show). Sometimes when I'm visiting my parents we'll (me and my mom) turn on Wiggles for her on Netflix and it keeps her entertained while we visit.

My dad is always commenting on how he doesnt like the wiggles and its creepy. I usually ignore him but yesterday I decided to ask why. And he said "Because, to sing and dance and smile like that as a full grown man, you have to be gay. That's not the kind of people you want around kids." I was kind of in shock at what he said and I was like "its just something funny and colorful for the kids." I dont even remember what he said afterwards but it was another gay comment and I said "well maybe their masculinity isn't as fragile as yours."

My mom laughed at my comment but my dad was less than amused and was in a really bad mood and snapping at everyone so I decided to leave early. My mom told me he's still mad this morning and that I really shouldn't have said anything because "I know how he is." She also told my sister about it who texted me to tell me I should be more respectful to our dad (shes always been a daddys girl) and basically that I was being an AH. So AITA?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Soylent Pudding posted:

dad gay so what

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Soylent Pudding posted:

YTA for not going in further. Threatened by The Wiggles. Very normal human.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

teen witch posted:

YTA for not going in further. Threatened by The Wiggles. Very normal human.
I dunno, just because they're smiling doesn't mean those finger guns aren't loaded. Seems threatening to me.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Scaevolus posted:

I'm prepared to argue that he should gently caress off and mind his business about the purple dildo too. That's a situation for "okay who has the friendliest relationship with Edna? Please alert her that you saw the dildo and leave it ambiguous as to whether everyone else saw the dildo, erring on the side of 'I'm sure no one else saw the dildo.' "

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

betaraywil posted:

I'm prepared to argue that he should gently caress off and mind his business about the purple dildo too. That's a situation for "okay who has the friendliest relationship with Edna? Please alert her that you saw the dildo and leave it ambiguous as to whether everyone else saw the dildo, erring on the side of 'I'm sure no one else saw the dildo.' "

It's him he's the dildo

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sisal Two-Step posted:

Isn't there a passage in the bible where some guy is like "I'm having lustful thoughts because I look at women" and Jesus' advice was to remove his eyes?

I'd go a step further than the Big J and advocate the removal of his brain, forcibly, via his nostrils, but by all accounts it sounds like it has already been done.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Sisal Two-Step posted:

You're likely thinking of Matthew 5:

quote:

27 “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’ 28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell."

(He says the same thing in Matthew 18.)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Funny how biblical literalists never manage to follow those edicts

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Matthew said if you're gonna jerk off do it with your left hand.

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

I know it's been said, but holy poo poo how do they have zero self-awareness about "you shouldn't have said anything because you know how he is" coming out of their mouths. Please mind the missing stair and do not complain about its presence, we've all been doing such a good job of stepping over it all these years. The problem isn't the missing stair, it's your foot plunging through it and then your mouth complaining about it.

Like sorry for your loss that you're married to a manchild who is so terrified of the gay agenda that he fears men in multicolored spandex entertaining children? Would also love to know how old the sister that idolizes this dumbass bigot is.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
“You Know How They Are” should have been on my family’s crest with the amount of times truly insane behavior was excused with that phrase. My sister once got me fired from Friday’s because she was too drunk to realize she wasn’t being screwed out of $1.99 and I was told that I shouldn’t be upset with her because I know that’s how she is. I was twenty-four and she was thirty-six at the time.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

“You Know How They Are” should have been on my family’s crest with the amount of times truly insane behavior was excused with that phrase. My sister once got me fired from Friday’s because she was too drunk to realize she wasn’t being screwed out of $1.99 and I was told that I shouldn’t be upset with her because I know that’s how she is. I was twenty-four and she was thirty-six at the time.

:stare:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

I dunno, just because they're smiling doesn't mean those finger guns aren't loaded. Seems threatening to me.

The Wiggles 100% fall into the uncanny valley for me. There's just something not quite human about them.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Theophany posted:

Wasn't that the premise for that scene in There's Something About Mary where he ends up with a load hanging off his ear that she assumes is hair gel?

I was told that like 15 years ago and I've never seen that movie so it could be!

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Theophany posted:

Wasn't that the premise for that scene in There's Something About Mary where he ends up with a load hanging off his ear that she assumes is hair gel?

No I believe the premise for this scene was you jerk off before a big date so you aren't distracted by horniness for the evening.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Willatron posted:

No I believe the premise for this scene was you jerk off before a big date so you aren't distracted by horniness for the evening.

keep in mind that the character telling Ben Stiller this is the villain of the movie who's trying to sabotage him.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

sullat posted:

keep in mind that the character telling Ben Stiller this is the villain of the movie who's trying to sabotage him.

Oh, it's terrible advice, I was just commenting on the motivation Ben Stiller had for beating off to underwear adverts just before a dinner date.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Olive Branch posted:

You should make an A/T or E/N thread about your insane family. Every aside makes me that much more sadder and curious about the craziness you experienced.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Dik Hz posted:

The Wiggles 100% fall into the uncanny valley for me. There's just something not quite human about them.

The red one's clearly thinking "I've been doing this smile for 30 years and the last 20 have been automatic rather than joy" and purple just doesn't care anymore about holding up his end of the performative glee kids' entertainers are expected to display.

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

betaraywil posted:

Also agreed, even if there was a monster purple dildo the correct response would have been a very discreet "hey I'm not sure but there might have been an "adult item" on your nightstand? Might want to check that out, probably no one else noticed though no big deal".

Like, cut your fellow workers a break and get off their rear end jeez

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

If it's sudden notice after work hours I don't care if their partner's banging the neighbor on the couch behind them, you get the meeting over with and move on with your life.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Uncle Enzo posted:

Also agreed, even if there was a monster purple dildo the correct response would have been a very discreet "hey I'm not sure but there might have been an "adult item" on your nightstand? Might want to check that out, probably no one else noticed though no big deal".

Like, cut your fellow workers a break and get off their rear end jeez

The correct response to something you may notice in the background of your colleagues off hours zoom call is to say nothing

Irukandji Syndrome
Dec 26, 2008
Unrelated to the thread, but related to the Wiggles, did you know that there is/was a HUGE contingent of moms who are horny for the Wiggles? Like the combination of being sexually frustrated from being a SAHM + being forced to watch these dudes jumping around for your toddler's sake resulted in a lot of women having the hots for them. Probably not so much anymore since a bunch of them retired and there's a girl in the group now, but. Here's a very old article.

https://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/women-go-wild-for-wiggles-20050711-gdlnuk.html

I feel like I remember reading something about the popularity being such that they started doing adults-only concerts as well where it was just wall to wall horny moms, but I can't find a citation for that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wasn’t there a fifth Wiggle that got hit by a bus or hanged himself or had knee surgery or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Wasn’t there a fifth Wiggle that got hit by a bus or hanged himself or had knee surgery or something?

i think he died of a cocaine overdose