Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
How da heck is May 10th the soonest I can have an appointment for vaccine? I thought we were rolling this poo poo out bigly.

Thanks obummer!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Meme Poker Party posted:

How da heck is May 10th the soonest I can have an appointment for vaccine? I thought we were rolling this poo poo out bigly.

Thanks obummer!!!

I'd suggest checking locations in the middle of nowhere.

I went on in the middle of the night as soon as they opened up appointments and there were no appointments available at all in my city. I couldn't even get an appointment a month away, but I was able to find one 60 miles away and only had to wait one day.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I thought it was three weeks between Pfizer doses but my second appointment was scheduled for May 5. (First dose was April 7, so four weeks)

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I was told 17 days between Pfizer doses.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I got my 2nd pfizer 3 weeks after. Maybe it doesn't make too much.of a difference?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I'm still salty that they "paused" the J&J vaccine right before opening up eligibility. One shot and considered fully vaccinated two weeks later is much nicer than this 6 weeks before being fully vaccinated.

On the other hand, 95% effective is pretty nice compared to the 80% of J&J.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Getting my first dose of some vaccine or another in half an hour. Pray for me and my family.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Literally A Person posted:

Getting my first dose of some vaccine or another in half an hour. Pray for me and my family.

I'm praying for your arm, because it's gonna be sore.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Tip posted:

I'm praying for your arm, because it's gonna be sore.

Swing your arm around like a madman in the observation room, light exercise is supposed to help

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Seriously though, they said there would be a little soreness but my arm was swollen and painful all day yesterday and every time I moved it hurt.

It's a little better today, but still pretty lovely.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Tip posted:

Seriously though, they said there would be a little soreness but my arm was swollen and painful all day yesterday and every time I moved it hurt.

It's a little better today, but still pretty lovely.

Really put a dent on the cranking

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Armitag3 posted:

Really put a dent on the cranking

nah, I'm too smart for that, got it in my off arm

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Tip posted:

nah, I'm too smart for that, got it in my off arm

My man's got a plan for everything.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I got my 2nd pfizer 3 weeks after. Maybe it doesn't make too much.of a difference?

Mine was through Walgreens and they're doing all the Pfizers a month apart.

Atten LAP
I wiggled my arm around lifted over my head and everything this time did big slow rolls and it hurts way less the second time my arm and shoulder I definitely recommend doing it I started doing it on the drive home

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I got the J&J two weeks before they called a halt to it but even if I'd known I'd have still gotten it. 6 cases or whatever it was out of 7+ million people doesn't seem like a big enough scare to make a halt necessary, but that's speaking as someone who knows jack poo poo about immunizations and side effects and risk assessment of those things. I just feel like I was taking bigger risks going to the grocery store, especially as an immuno-compromised person, than I was getting a J&J stick.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

I got the J&J two weeks before they called a halt to it but even if I'd known I'd have still gotten it. 6 cases or whatever it was out of 7+ million people doesn't seem like a big enough scare to make a halt necessary, but that's speaking as someone who knows jack poo poo about immunizations and side effects and risk assessment of those things. I just feel like I was taking bigger risks going to the grocery store, especially as an immuno-compromised person, than I was getting a J&J stick.

So is your blood all clotted now (BEEFY blood as they say)

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I dunno cuz I haven't cut myself in awhile (the pills and the therapy are definitely working).

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

My arm was a little sore for like 2 days when I got it, but it was a sort of "you slept on your shoulder wrong" kind of sore that seemed to just last a longer than normal. Was nothing to write home about really. Hopefully you'll get that rather than these BABIES who CRIED about their arms that turned BLACK and FELL OFF lmao just wear a fake arm you BABIES wow that's why GOD (praise jesus) gave us TWO OF THEM AMEN

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

The most likely scenario over here is that the "18-45, no relevant health issues" group that I'm in will start vaccinating mid June. The AstraZeneca blood clot worries did not help the already very limited vaccine supplies we can get hold of.

Also, the boyfriend has ... let's be modest and say gastrointestinal symptoms, plus a light cough. Could be anything; he's got enough fun health problems that could explain it. Still, we decided to walk over and do another covid test just in case; I expect we'll get the answer tomorrow.

Computer viking fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 22, 2021

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Spinz posted:

Mine was through Walgreens and they're doing all the Pfizers a month apart.

That explains it then. I got mine through Walgreens.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
No soreness yet. Got the "dead-arm" sensation but so far that's it. Knocking incredibly hard on a piece of wood right now.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

No soreness yet. Got the "dead-arm" sensation but so far that's it. Knocking incredibly hard on a piece of wood right now.

Geez, we get it Mr Shapiro.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Wait are you sure that's wood? It may just be your dead arm.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Also, Spin Imma do some pushups next TIME TO GET MYSELF TOTALLY loving PUMPED UP

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Wait are you sure that's wood? It may just be your dead arm.

:aaaaa:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

WHO'S GOT STUMPS FOR ARMS
AND A STUMP TO PEE?
L-A-P!!

WHO GOT A SHOT IN THE ARM
AND CRIED FOR A WEEK?
L-A-P!!

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

TIL that Chuck Norris is 81 years old. This shouldn't be that surprising, but it blew my loving mind.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

WHO'S GOT STUMPS FOR ARMS
AND A STUMP TO PEE?
L-A-P!!

WHO GOT A SHOT IN THE ARM
AND CRIED FOR A WEEK?
L-A-P!!

My entrance music as I strut down the ramp to the squared circle.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Prof. Crocodile posted:

TIL that Chuck Norris is 81 years old. This shouldn't be that surprising, but it blew my loving mind.

these chuck norris facts are getting pretty lame

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
CHUCK NORRIS'S tears could CURE CANCER..........

.......too bad he's NEVER CRIED

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

I am ghoulishly awaiting the GBS "Chuck Norris is dead" thread.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

imagine the planets aligning and norris and steven segal dying the same day

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I'm championing the cause of a norris v segal fight to the death

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I am ghoulishly awaiting the GBS "Chuck Norris is dead" thread.

Prof. Crocodile: ":yeshaha:"

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

steven segal is 69

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

:nice:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Tip posted:

steven segal is 69

admit that you want to 69 steven segal and admit it now

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

he's still got it

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

Judo Gene choked him till he pooped lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.