Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Strawberry Panda posted:

Any good DH poo poo? I see some decks being played and I'm like 45 wins from the 509 win portrait.

I'm doing the same (DH and Priest are my last sub 500 classes) but while I'm waiting for the standard meta to shake out and my collection to catch up I go to wild to play DH, Odd DH is pretty great and by virtue of being a new class you should have most of it even just playing standard. Just made Wild Legend for the first time ever with it, after getting to diamond 5 with Big Priest then hitting a wall of combo mages.

### Odd Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Battlefiend
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Consume Magic
# 2x (1) Crimson Sigil Runner
# 2x (1) Demon Companion
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 2x (1) Leper Gnome
# 2x (1) Lowly Squire
# 2x (1) Mana Burn
# 2x (1) Twin Slice
# 2x (3) Acrobatics
# 2x (3) Stiltstepper
# 1x (5) Leeroy Jenkins
# 1x (9) Baku the Mooneater
#
AAEBAaarBAKvBJ74Ag6SBbYTl8EC/acD4LwD1MgD8skD3MwDgtADz90D2d4D8+MD0p8Es6AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burginator
Sep 10, 2007

Two ALL BEEF patties,
Special Sauce?
Let Us Cheese.

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Rush Warrior is on the rise, and yeah it really does seem like it just loving clocks Secret Paladin. That said, I'm pretty sure the Libram version would beat it, but I don't really have a lot of experience in that matchup on either end.

I have played a shitload of rush warrior and this matchup is not the slightest bit scary unless they go nuts with early board pressure. If you hit like turn 4 and have more than 20 life, it's pretty easy to win as the warrior. Libram of Hope is barely a speedbump once you get some kind of handbuff/rokara bull poo poo going, and they will never be able to answer your increasingly wide board. Even if they stabilize, ETC can easily clock them with huge amounts of reach almost every time thanks to librams giving you a target to spam 1/1s into. At least that's my experience with the matchup. I basically only lose to First Day At School giving them some dumb poo poo.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

this seems to be 'the list' for me, was hovering around 40% playing other meta decks and having a poo poo time of it, this one's 10 and 2 so far

### Secret
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 1x (1) Avenge
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 1x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAcOfAwiW6AP86APb7gPn8AOoigSwigTqnwTIoAQLysEDns0DjtQDg94Dhd4DkeQDzOsDzusDz+sD4+sD658EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

so many cards that just facilitate curvestone, vs slower decks coined crabrider into hand of a'dal is gamewinning by itself a lot of the time

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

One of the things that makes me insane as a longtime Hearthstone players is when we get a brawl like this week's Valeera's Bag of Burgled spells where both the decks and the effects of the cards you play are completely randomized and people want to slowplay and strategize their plays to the rope almost every turn; it literally doesn't matter what you do -- just play the cards and hit the RNG and move on with your life.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Patrick Spens posted:

Obviously the poison tag is good, but Discovering a spell is also a straight upgrade to Scoundrel's gimmick.

What do you mean? Vulpera Scoundrel was also Discover a spell, with the bonus of a mystery choice if you didn't like the normal three.

Obviously 1-attack Poisonous is a huge upgrade over 2-attack, but I think one of the other reasons Scorpid has so much influence is that it's a Common card, not an Epic like Vulpera was, so its both good and budget.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Just opened the game for the first time since the big update and obviously they've finally decided to actually retroactively count my wins from the days of yore. I went from no classes with a Golden portrait, to all of them + some 1000 win portraits. Just going through the achievement menu stuff took like 5 minutes straight of clicking through like 100 golden cards and 20 golden legendary rewards lol.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Jeza posted:

Just opened the game for the first time since the big update and obviously they've finally decided to actually retroactively count my wins from the days of yore. I went from no classes with a Golden portrait, to all of them + some 1000 win portraits. Just going through the achievement menu stuff took like 5 minutes straight of clicking through like 100 golden cards and 20 golden legendary rewards lol.
Arena wins?

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Those 'rewards' are just the core set cards loading into your collection, you can't dust any of the golden legendaries since they are uncraftable

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

No Wave posted:

Arena wins?

Yeeep. and some from Ranked.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Jeza posted:

I was so confused when that happened to me. Didn't quite get every class though, turns out I'm single digits away from 500 with warlock and priest, about 60 with shaman and of course a whole bunch with dh.

Always knew I liked mage but drat I've played a lot of mage now that I look at my wins.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Gully Foyle posted:

What do you mean? Vulpera Scoundrel was also Discover a spell, with the bonus of a mystery choice if you didn't like the normal three.

I'm an idiot who convinced himself that Scoundrel only let you pick from 2 choices besides the mystery box rather than three.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe
going back and trying to do the boomsday project puzzles now and apparently there are a few you just can't actually complete because the game breaks and freezes. somehow new updates / content have made solo adventures unplayable? feels like some magic :bioware: quality.

i wonder what else is broken in this completely new, beta, active in development game :smith:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Last King posted:

going back and trying to do the boomsday project puzzles now and apparently there are a few you just can't actually complete because the game breaks and freezes. somehow new updates / content have made solo adventures unplayable? feels like some magic :bioware: quality.

i wonder what else is broken in this completely new, beta, active in development game :smith:
I recently went back and started playing the Tombs of Terror again because I never beat the final boss on hard and there are a few broken bosses. For example, Gorebite usually uses his hero power (0 mana, double the damage of his attack) after attacking.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

"Batman, Bruce Wayne. Bruce Wayne, Batman. Or have you met?"

Beasteh posted:

this seems to be 'the list' for me, was hovering around 40% playing other meta decks and having a poo poo time of it, this one's 10 and 2 so far

### Secret
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) First Day of School
# 1x (1) Avenge
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 1x (1) Galloping Savior
# 2x (1) Knight of Anointment
# 1x (1) Noble Sacrifice
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Northwatch Commander
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Kazakus, Golem Shaper
# 2x (5) Ogremancer
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 2x (6) Hammer of the Naaru
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
#
AAECAcOfAwiW6AP86APb7gPn8AOoigSwigTqnwTIoAQLysEDns0DjtQDg94Dhd4DkeQDzOsDzusDz+sD4+sD658EAA==
#

so many cards that just facilitate curvestone, vs slower decks coined crabrider into hand of a'dal is gamewinning by itself a lot of the time

This is very close to the deck I’m running (the one Anaconda posted a few pages back) and it really is just Curvestone: The Deck

Ended up throwing Hand of Adal on the one crabrider and giving him divine shield every time he got hit lmao. I didn’t even pla Kazakus or Ogre

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

I recently went back and started playing the Tombs of Terror again because I never beat the final boss on hard and there are a few broken bosses. For example, Gorebite usually uses his hero power (0 mana, double the damage of his attack) after attacking.

well at least you can complete those (hopefully)! as it stands currently, no one is able to actually finish the boomsday project puzzles since there are a few that just freeze and break the game.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think the problem with the Boomsday puzzles specifically is that there was only one specific solution for them and some of them are now un-solvable because of changes that have been made to the cards involved

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's odd because the Hearthstone tutorial was coded to not include card changes that occurred in the future. You'd think they'd have future proofed labs the same way.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

VS Data Reaper is out and it's telling you to run more draw in your rush warrior deck

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Beasteh posted:

VS Data Reaper is out and it's telling you to run more draw in your rush warrior deck

Also to cut ogre, Alex, and argent protector from secret Paladin. The idea of blessing of authority on crabrider sounds excellent though.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've used Alex on face for lethal exactly one time and she never felt that impactful

Cutting Ogremancer from paladin doesn't feel correct since it autowins spell mage and OTK DH by itself

Beasteh fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Apr 22, 2021

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

I think it depends largely on what you’re expecting to see. A lot of games are tending to be more minion heavy (from my recent experience) and any sort of Aggro just demolishes spell mage.

I’ve won the last 3 games in a row with the deck that was posted earlier so I’m gonna swap to the Vs one and see if it feels any better.

E: Lmao, this is nuts. I don’t think it needs ogre

Cant Ride A Bus fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Apr 22, 2021

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
I was getting frustrated about my inability to climb with Iskar's Token Druid (12-12) or Yagut's Poison Rogue (10-15) and decided to try a good deck, so I crafted the most popular secret paladin deck and went 19-5. holy poo poo is this deck good!

Beasteh posted:

Link for the lazy

Beasteh posted:

I've used Alex on face for lethal exactly one time and she never felt that impactful

Cutting Ogremancer from paladin doesn't feel correct since it autowins spell mage and OTK DH by itself
Agreed on both points. I've won a game by using Alex to remove a taunt, but she has usually been a dead card in my hand.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Wild or Standard I will try to ladder with the first deck anyone posts. I'm at Plat 8 in both. Tell me what to play please. I'm fine with losing a lot.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Desert Bus posted:

Wild or Standard I will try to ladder with the first deck anyone posts. I'm at Plat 8 in both. Tell me what to play please. I'm fine with losing a lot.

stolen and very slightly modified from a firebat deck doctor video, not good but fun/funny, feel free to toy with it

### my cute demon babies
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Relentless Pursuit
# 2x (4) Burrowing Scorpid
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (9) Ancient Void Hound
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAECAbn5AwLg5QOyoAQO2b4Dg8cD18gD/tED79UDxd0D8+MDkuQDwvEDgIUEg58Etp8E1J8EtKAEAA==
#

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Y’all are insane. Alex has won me so many close matches. What the hell?? (I also swapped out the ogres for blessings last week)

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

World War Mammories posted:

stolen and very slightly modified from a firebat deck doctor video, not good but fun/funny, feel free to toy with it

### my cute demon babies
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Armor Vendor
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 2x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (3) Relentless Pursuit
# 2x (4) Burrowing Scorpid
# 2x (4) Raging Felscreamer
# 1x (5) Shadow Hunter Vol'jin
# 1x (5) Warglaives of Azzinoth
# 2x (7) Priestess of Fury
# 2x (8) Illidari Inquisitor
# 2x (9) Ancient Void Hound
# 2x (9) Pit Commander
#
AAECAbn5AwLg5QOyoAQO2b4Dg8cD18gD/tED79UDxd0D8+MDkuQDwvEDgIUEg58Etp8E1J8EtKAEAA==
#

Here goes something! Wish me luck!

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Y’all are insane. Alex has won me so many close matches. What the hell?? (I also swapped out the ogres for blessings last week)

Yeah Alex has been a deciding factor for me a lot.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
Aaaaargh I am so loving salty right now!

I started tonight as Silver 3 and things were going well enough that I was feeling good, soon I was at silver 1 and thinking hey I could get to gold tonight!

Nope.

3 times I was at promotion match and either through the decks I faced or just bad card draw I lost. Aggro DH, Secret Paladin and a Face Hunter. Then I went on tilt and made the mistake of saying that I'd either hit Gold or Silver 2. Well, five back and forth games later and an aggro Shaman knocked me down to Silver 2. I logged off at that point.

Probably seems silly to you folks - I've seen some of you say that you hit Legend or Diamond but I'm usually very poor at card games like this and token druid has been a lot of fun to play and done very well for me. Alright whining over I'll have another crack at it this weekend.

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

DeadButDelicious posted:

I started tonight as Silver 3 and things were going well enough that I was feeling good, soon I was at silver 1 and thinking hey I could get to gold tonight!

Nope.

3 times I was at promotion match and either through the decks I faced or just bad card draw I lost. Aggro DH, Secret Paladin and a Face Hunter. Then I went on tilt and made the mistake of saying that I'd either hit Gold or Silver 2. Well, five back and forth games later and an aggro Shaman knocked me down to Silver 2. I logged off at that point.

Probably seems silly to you folks - I've seen some of you say that you hit Legend or Diamond but I'm usually very poor at card games like this and token druid has been a lot of fun to play and done very well for me. Alright whining over I'll have another crack at it this weekend.

I remember hitting gold for the first time being a hell of a task, just keep at it and you’ll get there eventually!

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

DeadButDelicious posted:

Nope.

I've never made it much into Plat and I've been playing a long time. Just enjoy the game, worrying about winning and losing distracts from having fun.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

DeadButDelicious posted:

Nope.

Don’t feel bad. I’m in platinum purgatory at rank 8-9. Can’t get past it and I see an array of different decks.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

Here goes something! Wish me luck!

Yeah Alex has been a deciding factor for me a lot.

the fact that alex gets pulled most times when you drop whatley on five makes it much smoother and by that turn, it can be a real deciding factor. alex has won me a few games in diamond so i kept it in.

ogremancers are really, really good. i'd jam them in any deck i could, they are just that much fun to play.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Adregan posted:

Don’t feel bad. I’m in platinum purgatory at rank 8-9. Can’t get past it and I see an array of different decks.

if there's a discord where people gather to watch each other and help each other out, i'd totally be down for that. i feel like grinding ranked would be much more chill if there's someone you can bounce mulligans and card turns off of.

:edit: huge public service announcement. :bioware: do not try to do the zerek, infestation puzzle. the game will freeze when you try to play the charge card, and then hard lock you out of your hearthstone account. when you inevitably alt + f4 and try to re-launch the game, it will stick you in a perpetual reconnecting to game... :bioware:

you'll then have to contact blizz customer support and have them manually log in for you to try to get you unstuck and reset your password. apparently this has been an issue impacting more and more players on the forums and some have been locked out for days or longer.

Last King fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Apr 23, 2021

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Last King posted:

if there's a discord where people gather to watch each other and help each other out, i'd totally be down for that. i feel like grinding ranked would be much more chill if there's someone you can bounce mulligans and card turns off of.

I didn't realize this until a few months ago, but HSReplay has videos of the decks being played by streamers. You can filter by language, win/loss, going first/coin, and opponent archetype. When I'm having trouble learning a deck or matchup sometimes I'll watch them. It's definitely improved my play.

Good luck!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

DeadButDelicious posted:

Don't feel bad, the first grind is the hardest and thanks to the way bonus stars and win streaks work once you reach a level (up to Diamond 5) it's pretty easy to reach it again next time.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Don't feel bad, the first grind is the hardest and thanks to the way bonus stars and win streaks work once you reach a level (up to Diamond 5) it's pretty easy to reach it again next time.

The old grind was loving terrible. I don't feel like I play any better than before, but before the new system was implemented, I never got past silver.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Swapped out the Ogremancers for Blessings, Alex for another secret, and the Argent Protectors for Venomous Scorpids and went 5-1.

Honestly like the deck better now. Finding the spell off the Scorpid is clutch. And Blessing on turn 5 onto Crabrider won me a game.

Alex I just always felt like I was waiting to use as a finisher, and by the time I'd get to use it, usually I was too far behind.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole
Jun 18, 2007

Fun Shoe
I'm not a great player, but I still like Alex in Secret Paladin. I've won a considerable amount of games due to having the reach over the top on turn 9. Protectors still feel good, but it might be interesting dropping 2 of them to add one more secret and another scorpid. I do like Blessings over the Ogremancer though.

If anything, Mankrik feels disappointing. I've yet to draw the 3/10.

Big Mouth Billy Basshole fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Apr 23, 2021

Cant Ride A Bus
Apr 9, 2012

Big Mouth Billy Basshole posted:

I'm not a great player, but I still like Alex in Secret Paladin. I've won a considerable amount of games due to having the reach over the top on turn 9. Protectors still feel good, but it might be interesting dropping 2 of them to add one more secret and another scorpid. I do like Blessings over the Ogremancer though.

If anything, Mankrik feels disappointing. I've yet to draw the 3/10.

In the 10 or so games I played today I think I played him 7 or so times, and never drew his wife. It’s weird, since every other deck I’ve played him I’ve had no trouble drawing her

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

I was getting frustrated about my inability to climb with Iskar's Token Druid (12-12) or Yagut's Poison Rogue (10-15) and decided to try a good deck, so I crafted the most popular secret paladin deck and went 19-5. holy poo poo is this deck good!

Link for the lazy

Agreed on both points. I've won a game by using Alex to remove a taunt, but she has usually been a dead card in my hand.

re: that data reaper report, just gonna leave this premium morsel here:

"Control Priest’s current win rate and matchup spread on ladder does not truly reflect its power, as it is absolutely mired by sub-optimal lists running C’Thun. Make no mistake, Control Priest is one of the best decks in the game, carrying great matchups into every single Tier 1 deck in the Power Rankings. "

i guess we should all enjoy the time we have on ladder for now, before it becomes a priest infested swamp, filled with endless roping turns and 30+ minute matches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Last King posted:

re: that data reaper report, just gonna leave this premium morsel here:

"Control Priest’s current win rate and matchup spread on ladder does not truly reflect its power, as it is absolutely mired by sub-optimal lists running C’Thun. Make no mistake, Control Priest is one of the best decks in the game, carrying great matchups into every single Tier 1 deck in the Power Rankings. "

i guess we should all enjoy the time we have on ladder for now, before it becomes a priest infested swamp, filled with endless roping turns and 30+ minute matches.

Well, was playing to take a couple months off anyway before saving coins for the next expansion.